Date: 7.23.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 5751 #Essay on The History and Development of Music

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay on The History and Development of Music

Buy Essay Papers Here - Essay on The History and Development of Music

Nov/Sun/2017 | Uncategorized

Write My Essays Today -
Free essay on History of Music -

Nov 12, 2017 Essay on The History and Development of Music, essay writing service -

Music in the Renaissance | Essay | Heilbrunn

best essay blogs Nicholas Handler, is a junior at Yale University majoring in Essay History of Music history. Handler is active in social justice organizations and hopes to become a human rights lawyer. I never expected to gain any new insight into the nature of my generation, or the changing landscape of American colleges, in Lit Theory. Lit Theory is supposed to and Modern War be the class where you sit at the back of the room with every other jaded sophomore wearing skinny jeans, thick-framed glasses, an ironic tee-shirt and History and Development of Music over-sized retro headphones, just waiting for lecture to poem relationship be over so you can light up a Turkish Gold and Essay on The walk to lunch while listening to Wilco. That#8217;s pretty much the way I spent the water essay course, too: through structuralism, formalism, gender theory, and post-colonialism, I was far too busy shuffling through my iPod to see what the patriarchal world order of capitalist oppression had to do with Ethan Frome. Essay On The And Development. But when we began to study postmodernism, something struck a chord with me and made me sit up and look anew at conversation essay, the seemingly blase college-aged literati of which I was so self-consciously one. Letter: Fortunately, College Has Changed. This is in regard to your college essay contest that took place last year. The essay entitled Fortunately, College Has Changed by Matthew Bender from the Essay on The History University of Arkansas has several factual errors and Introducing Age Improves Life Essay insinuations. Then entire first and second paragraphs are neither chronologically or factually correct.

How do I know that there are errors? Because I am Mervin Jebaraj, the person referred to History and Development of Music in the opening paragraph. 1. A committee of to be a nurse students wrote the actual text of a proposed bill not a note. The idea began in November of Essay on The 2007 and not in the spring. Believe At First. 2. There was no staying up all night, and there was no on campus bbq. The committee obtained a meeting with Sen. Madison after a lot of work and didn#8217;t just pass a note to her.

The committee also spent months working with her and other legislators. to see the resolution passed. We don#8217;t appreciate the trivialising narrative of our work. 3. The resolution never asked for the creation of socially aware investments, the Essay History of Music options already existed. 4. To Be. The conference I went to was well after the divestment process and on The and Development was to share ideas about divestment with others as opposed to receiving inspiration for divestment. Water Conversation. 5. On The And Development Of Music. There is an implication that I was skinny dipping and smoking marijuana in Belize. Neither is true.

I hold the poem New York times in the highest regard and hope that you will take this seriously. In the future, I hope you check the. veracity of on The and Development statements made before you publish them. Mervin Jebaraj, Research Assistant, Center for Business and water conversation Economic Research. Liz Addison , 38, is a biology major whose goal is to Essay on The and Development of Music become a large animal veterinarian. German Cinema. She has trained a winning racehorse and is interested in American presidential history. Oh, the hand wringing. #8220;College as America used to understand it is coming to an end,#8221; bemoans Rick Perlstein and his beatnik friend of fallen face. Those days, man, when a pretentious reading list was all it took to lift a child from suburbia. When jazz riffs hung in the dorm lounge air with the smoke of a thousand bongs, and college really mattered. Really mattered? Rick Perlstein thinks so. It mattered so much to him that he never got over his four years at on The History and Development of Music, the University of Privilege.

So he moved back to live in its shadow, like a retired ballerina taking a seat in the stalls. But when the curtain went up he saw students working and studying and working some more. Adults before their time. Today, at the University of Privilege, the student applies with a Curriculum Vitae not a book list. Shudder. Cinema. Frankie Thomas , is a junior majoring in cinema-television critical studies, with a minor in gender studies. Her immediate plans include dropping out at the end of the year to write and/or travel.

She is a film maker and a blogger, with interests ranging from the social history of the Victorian era to birdwatching to the novels of Dawn Powell. I had the kind of college experience most people only on The History and Development, dream about. Essay. Charged by the atmosphere of intellectual exploration, inspired by professors who pushed me farther than I#8217;d ever imagined I could go, I made fascinating new friends at Skidmore; together we discovered Nabokov and Essay on The History and Development Kafka, Citizen Kane and expressionist Dr. Essay History Of Music. Strangelove, and our own literary voices. It was a three-week summer program. I was fifteen. Now I#8217;m twenty, halfway toward graduating from University of Southern California, and if I had a thousand dollars for every college student I know who Struggles With Depression#8230;well, I still wouldn#8217;t have enough money to The Geneva pay my full tuition. But it would keep me going for a semester or two, assuming I didn#8217;t lose my own struggle and on The History of Music drop listlessly out.

As our SATs would have put it, #8220;depression#8221; is to #8220;college campus#8221; as #8220;consumption#8221; is to why i want to be sample #8220;Victorian orphanage,#8221; and ours is a generation of wheezing waifs. Max Lance , 23, is a freshman at USC#8217;s School of Cinematic Arts, majoring in History of Music writing for film and Conventions Essay television. He hopes to make his mark either with a #8220;life-changing TV show#8221; or by #8220;marrying someone rich.#8221; When I dropped out of college three years ago I would have completely agreed that college isn#8217;t the cultural experience that it was hyped up to be. As I return this September, I#8217;ve realized that it#8217;s a good thing it isn#8217;t. I completely agree that college as America used to on The History know it has come to an end, but I believe that schools have changed for the better. The problem I had when I quit school the first time around was that I never adjusted to how schools have changed.

I dropped out because of my mislaid expectations; the same ones that Rick Perlstein is nostalgic for. I#8217;m going back to school because I#8217;ve realized what the college experience is like today and I#8217;m now more than prepared to abuse it. Like nearly everyone in my graduating class, I attended higher education because that#8217;s what we did next. Introducing At A Young Age Improves The Child's Essay. College seemed more like 13th grade rather than a place where I would be opened up to and Development of Music radical people and ways of thinking. I spent my freshman and sophomore years doing what I needed to do to get good grades because that#8217;s all I had done since kindergarten. German Expressionist Cinema. And even though I worked hard to earn a 3.7 GPA, I dropped out of New York University because of a complete lack of passion for Essay on The and Development what I was studying (journalism, via process of elimination). The Geneva War. Travis Weinger , 21, is a senior majoring in history, with a concentration in Essay on The History and Development war, revolution and relationship social change. His minor is History political science. He is a founder of the Triton, a newspaper at UCSD, and of the Symposium, an on-campus discussion group. Rick Perlstein#8217;s article, boiled down, is simply an extended version of the bitching that every generation hears from the one that preceded it: #8220;Back when I went to Essay school, we walked uphill in the snow both ways#8230;#8221; In sum, college mattered back when Mr. Essay On The History. Perlstein went to it because that was when he went to The Geneva Essay it.

Since college has changed from when he remembered it, he wants us to believe that it has somehow degenerated into irrelevance. The vast majority of Perlstein#8217;s complaints fit under the above rubric. Our college experience is not as liberating as his was (no longer can we simply phone public intellectuals and bully them into visiting our dorms). Our activists are not as radical as his were (we don#8217;t take over enough buildings). Our connection to the Sixties isn#8217;t as strong as his was (our band members aren#8217;t former revolutionaries). We are not as alienated from society as he was (we engage our world, not whine about it). Perlstein#8217;s claim that his experience was in some way both richer and harder than the Essay of Music next generation#8217;s is an old one, and is continuously echoed by Introducing Sports At a Age Improves the Child's, every generation.

Like most complaints of History and Development of Music this type, it is largely groundless and mildly insulting. To Be A Nurse Sample. To respond to it bit by bit would validate his nostalgic whining to a degree it does not deserve. The Cultural Contradictions of American Universities. For the past twenty to History and Development of Music thirty years, we have seen the great degradation of german cinema post-secondary education. Conventional wisdom suggests that the on The History and Development problem lies simultaneously within the hands of the Believe at First Sight Essay politicians and the students. This narrative does not account for the history of college. Throughout the modern age, the role college played in the national debate was minimal. To this date, there has only been one president with a Ph.D., and both The New Deal and Truman#8217;s Fair Deal did relatively little for college and education in general (with the exception of the G.I. Bill). Essay On The History Of Music. And even today, most candidates on both sides of the isle have the same prescription for to be college: the problem is lack of funding, therefore, the solution is to increase funding.

It usually ends at that. In order to find the true crisis of Essay on The History and Development college, we must first look at its true purpose. A few months ago, Charles Murray wrote a controversial series of columns in the Wall Street Journal arguing, not that college had been written out of the in Love national debate, but that its role is too great. Essentially, too many people are going to college who did not need college, but instead needed vocational training. There are serious problems with his logic to on The History and Development of Music be sure, not the least of which is his obvious IQ-ism. While it is true that college is in need of some serious reforming, focusing solely on IQ will not solve them, for IQ is conversation essay not the only purpose of college. For example, there are, what a professor of mine called, #8220;latent overtones.#8221; That is, those unexpected, and unintended consequences of college learning. For example, one might discover a great philosopher that he#8217;s never heard of, or another collegiate finds that they enjoy a field of Essay on The History and Development study which they did not expect.

But this is, of course, part of the intellectual journey of students. The Geneva. College exists not, as conventional wisdom suggests, to change the culture. It exists to create a new breed of intellectuals. All politics aside, students should exit college not knowing simply what to think, but how to think. This is Essay on The where Mr. Murray and poem I agree. He hits the nail on the head when he describes the purpose of college, that college is created to train the elites to on The History of Music do their jobs.

However, this purpose has been lost in a quagmire of watered-down curricula and fluff courses. And this brings us to the real problem of college: the searing anti-intellectualism of the youth. Education is the single most important factor in the growth of our country. Specifically, higher education paves a future and provides opportunity for students that attend college and Sports Age Improves the Child's Essay gives them a shot at a career. 50 years ago, college was strictly for Essay on The and Development the elite, high class Americans. Essay Sample. Now, it seems that every common household has at least one family member attend college.

But with the Essay History of Music increasing drop out rate today, students seem less interested in expressionist cinema learning at college and their priorities change from their original goal of graduating. The importance of education today is History and Development a growing factor because the future of Believe at First Sight Essay this country depends on Essay on The History, the students in college today. College is misunderstood by many incoming freshman. All of the television advertisements and billboards encouraging students to attend college are used as bait to reel in student#8217;s tuition. Parents encourage their kids to attend college after graduating high school because they want to see their kids have a shot at success. However, college is not cut out for everyone.

More freshman than ever are dropping out after their first year because college can be overwhelming through everything that takes place within campus boundaries. The pressures of college whether it#8217;s to impress parents or maintain a high GPA grasps hold of many students while they are in college, freezing them from work and attending class regularly. Back in the 50#8217;s and 60#8217;s when college was becoming so popular, people attended college solely to improve their education and learn through the college experience, in hopes of obtaining a career after graduation. Now, people attend college because their friends or girlfriend go there. Many people attend college just to party as much as possible.

College can be misleading for teenagers fresh out of high school, and people who feel that continuing their education isn#8217;t the most important factor in attending college should not apply. College matters because without a thoroughly educated society, America would fall to its knees and regress into german expressionist cinema, deep depression. Jobs would flounder because the people applying for them wouldn#8217;t get accepted without college degrees. Pat Brown expanded university development in California in 1966 to encourage people of and Development of Music every social class to attend college and gain a higher education. The reason for his rapid expansion was because the number of college students doubled from 1957 to 1967, and Brown decided in order to improve society and keep America running, more universities should be built to attract new students. However, in 1997, only water conversation essay, 54 percent of students that attended college as freshmen graduated with a degree six years later, 30 percent not even finishing their freshman year. Once students enroll in college, dropping out Essay and Development is the worst decision they can make. The opportunity cost of dropping can be detrimental to a student#8217;s financial standing. Dropping out also means dropping tuition, and students are often left with debt to pay off depending on which year they dropped out. Entering in a low paying job, drop outs must slowly pay back student loans, which is why college is so important to stick to and graduate once enrolled.

The likelihood of students being able to pay off student loans quickly after graduating is much greater than the likelihood of a drop out paying off loans. Drop outs sometimes will only make enough money per paycheck to pay off previous college debts, not leaving any left over The Geneva and Modern War, cash for leisure activities. Once choosing the Essay on The and Development of Music decision to attend college, remaining in relationship college is the most important decision a student can make, in order to avoid living a below average lifestyle. Young adults are fed by change. No matter how resistant or welcoming I am to change, when all is said and done change sustains me. Two years as an undergraduate student at Fordham University have been made slightly easier by knowing this about myself, because college means change. Even with the still shrinking cyber community and the #8216;real world#8217; opportunities offered to many young people today, nothing can replace the rush of Essay on The History and Development change attached to the college experience. College students are encouraged to make noise.

When interviewed by Rick Perlstein for an article entitled #8216;What#8217;s the Introducing At a Age Improves Matter With College#8221; students were very vocal. Hamilton Morris, a New York bred college student, described a college experience where many students hate school #8220;with a passion#8221; and #8220;don#8217;t leave#8221;. Perlstein writes that Morris#8217;s feelings are proof of a #8220;culture of enervation#8221; which overwhelms many campuses today. Instead of seeing what Perlstein describes, students without hope or the will to pursue their studies, I see Morris as describing a culture of restlessness. Students who claim to hate college but still do not leave are experiencing a kind of Essay on The restlessness which comes with the Believe Essay package. Students experience change so quicklychanges of passions, opinions and interests.

They are bound to become restless, especially when the Essay on The off-campus world is in Love at First within arm#8217;s length. I often smile to think the world is at my fingertips when I am surfing the internet, but the History and Development of Music truth is my fingers are touching my keyboard, and I am planted in my kitchen chair drinking Diet Coke. College offers me the german expressionist cinema opportunity to shake hands with the leaders of business, art, science and medicinesomething the of Music internet can not give me. College professors do not want students to be excited about school and theory alonethey want them to take their passion into the world beyond the campus. I am not writing this commentary for my school newspaper. I am writing it for New York Times Magazine, a publication Journalism majors like me aspire to work for. College urges me to aspire, to voice my opinions, and yes, to in Love at First Sight change.

The problem with colleges in the 21st century is on The History of Music convoluted with many deciding factors, resulting in a more complex position for current college students to experience, unlike any previous generation of college students. In my opinion, being a college graduate student and one who has been involved in my school, I can honestly say that the biggest problem with our generation is the sense of nihilism, which is Conventions and Modern plaguing the our very core of our being. It is History and Development of Music important to in Love at First Essay realize that this comes not only from History and Development, college campuses, but the society in general; people just don#8217;t care. If they do care and want to be involved, societal pressures, mostly economic, is poem what keeps them from Essay on The History and Development, being invoked with the spirit of the previous generations. There seems to be no sense of Introducing Young Age Improves the Child's Essay urgency when it comes to on The and Development of Music our generation. In Love Sight. Nihilism will do that to everyone. I also find it interesting that the on The History people who do want to be involved do not necessarily know what to get involved with. In the 60s, it seemed to be clear cut what the problem was; racism, sexism, or the war in Vietnam. A contrast between the 60s generation and us now is that people do not what the water conversation essay problems really are. The mentality when speaking to college students; they seem to focus more on trying to get that 80K a year job then the socio-political issues affecting us.

It is evident that we value the dollar more so than we value the human struggle. So apathy also plays a role. It is Essay History and Development of Music important to realize that we must do something, otherwise everyone suffers. Sending your child to want essay college is not an option in American society, and it#8217;s hardly a privilege at that. In today#8217;s fierce and fast paced world it is a necessity For most parents, thought goes into Essay on The and Development, how they will even fund such a venture within the first few months of the child#8217;s conception. College funds and savings bonds, money from relatives and graduation parties, this all gets stored until an entire portion of that funding goes towards expensive college visits. Not only does the child want to go to college, that child has picked out 10 in which there is an orientation at each for prospective parents. They want to see where their money is going, as well as where their child will sleep, learn, and become the Sports Young successful adult they were meant to be.

What is wrong with college? As a successful student at a prominent Chicago school, I, for one, have plenty of Essay History and Development opinions on the matter. Let#8217;s look at to be essay, #8220;our war#8221; by History, first taking a retrospective glance at Vietnam. My father, a student at the time of Vietnam, was a conservative at a very conservative Indiana school. Why I Want A Nurse Sample. He still wore his GDI shirt most days of the Essay on The History week and talked highly of the camaraderie between fellow students. Poem Relationship. There were protests that were actually allowed on his campus. On The And Development. When the students died in the Kent incident he remembers rallies against the war in their honor. He also remembers reading the names of the dead soldiers with the rest of his class, keeping in somber memory the fight his country was in.

Bands of students were scared, there was a draft in german expressionist effect. On The History And Development. Everyone had war on the mind and as those 18 year olds took on their first years of college, they had a lot more to worry about than where the weekend#8217;s keg party was taking place. They were learning, growing, and forming opinions on the world they were entering by knowing their current events and being passionate about them. Poem Relationship. Of course, without the internet, their local papers brought them more world events and less Lindsay Lohan. Being passionate about the world takes a certain naivety that forms when someone does not already have the on The opinions of others so easily accessible. The internet has taken so much of this away from current students.

In my experience, you only have to make a choice on which websites to Introducing Sports At a the Child's Life Essay read. Looking at our war today, many students walk away from it, choosing not even to recognize that it affects their daily world. Essay History And Development Of Music. There are many more cliques, many more places to falter, and many more reasons not to care. Hold a pen in Age Improves Life front of you and look at it; notice its size and color in particular. Now, slowly move it away until you have your arm fully extended. Notice anything different? Probably not, and that is how it should be. If we remember back to on The and Development middle school science class, color is partially dependent upon the angle that light hits an object. Conversation Essay. But we just moved an object, causing the angle to change from our perspective, and and Development did not notice any change in Conventions and Modern Essay color. The pen also moved further away without any apparent change in Essay and Development of Music size.

I forgot the intricate details that explain why this happens, something to Conventions and Modern War do with a portion of the brain that keeps our perceptions fluid . What I do remember, and will never forget, is Essay on The of Music how cool this all seemed and how much more there is to the world when you get past the surface. College is a pretty different place today than it was for my parents thirty years ago. Then again, so were the two worlds in which we were raised. And Modern War. Most kids in my generation were not raised in the Sandlot. We did not hang out at the malt shop after school. And we definitely did not attend any sock hops (or if we did, best believe we did not call them that). Instead, we started out playing on jungle gyms with woodchips and Essay and Development of Music protective rubber flooring underneath. Eventually, we found ourselves being chauffeured to Introducing At a the Child's Life organized baseball practice, in a minivan. By high school, the importance of getting into a good college had been seared into us and serious attention had to be allocated toward after-school activities and other kinds of enriching events to make sure that we were #8220;well- rounded#8221;. Here#8217;s a fun game that anyone my age can play: ask your parents what they got on their SATs. If they can, you win!

Basically, it is like hitting the lottery, since your parents have to Essay History and Development be like one out of a million. High school students in the 60#8217;s did not pay $1,000 for an SAT class and definitely did not go to any Independent College Consultants. As Mr. Perlstein stated, college was seen as a place sort of apart from the rest of the world. Kids went there and were met with new people, ideas, and situations. And Modern War. Back then, as I understand it, college was not seen as a stepping stone or a rung on the ladder. You did not go with the mindset that it was simply a means to end, a place to Essay on The and Development simply collect good grades and then experience the #8216;director#8217;s cut redux edition#8217; of college admissions in the form of graduate school, an internship or a job. Why College Matters: A Response to Sports At a #8220;What#8217;s the Essay History Matter With College#8221; I suppose I should begin by The Geneva Conventions War Essay, saying that I don#8217;t go to a real college. I mean, I don#8217;t feel like I go to a real college. I don#8217;t take real classes.

I don#8217;t live on a real campus. I#8217;m a music major and attend the Peabody Institute in Baltimore, Maryland. Peabody is an on The and Development of Music, established music conservatory, one of the schools of Johns Hopkins University (despite what I say about it not being a #8220;real#8221; school). In his essay, Perlstein is making it seem that today#8217;s college undergraduates and the ideals we pursue are somehow deficient. That we#8217;re missing out. He#8217;s especially concerned that we#8217;re nothing like the Believe at First Sight students of the 60s and 70s. On The History Of Music. He#8217;s right about that, but that is nothing to be ashamed of. We#8217;re students who want (or carry) the iPhone. We are environmental activists. We#8217;re more technologically savvy than Perlstein#8217;s generation. We get our information and communicate in a totally different way.

We#8217;re amazing jugglers. We#8217;re a new breed. It is interesting to read that the defining issue for the 1966 California gubernatorial race was college. For my sake, and I#8217;m sure for the sake of a lot of my peers, I wish it were still that way. College sounded romantic and water conversation essay fun. My friends argue that things have changed in the past 40 years, and that there are bigger fish to on The History and Development of Music fry. Sports At A Young The Child's Essay. The war, for Essay on The History and Development of Music example. Making a living once college ends.

When they start complaining, however, about classes and stress, I ask them, #8220;aren#8217;t there bigger fish to fry?#8221; at which they sigh outwardly, roll their eyes, and german expressionist throw their hands up in and Development the air. I understand where their frustration lies. We still feel young in in Love Essay the scheme of things, and not ready to plan out our lives after college. It feels like we#8217;ve been doing nothing but planning since freshman year of high school. Who has time to worry anyway? Right now, I am worrying if I have enough money to pay the rent this month.

Many of my classmates worry how to pay for the next semester. To be honest, when it came to college, most of us never really had a choice. Where I grew up, in Essay of Music Greenwich, Connecticut, there was never the option of #8220;college vs. no college.#8221; The choice was #8220;Ivy League vs. state school,#8221; or something along those lines. The whole getting-ready-for-college experience was important. As you thumb these pages, reader, loyal subscriber, conscious citizen with an appetite for want to be essay sample inquiry and thoughtfulness, or may I say fellow American, you tell yourself that you want to sample a young student#8217;s intellect.

Certainly I do believe that my own college experience has been important, even critical, to my life and to Essay on The History of Music my thoughts here and essay now, but young and on The impressionable does not necessarily partner with a tame, meaningful sense of Believe in Love hindsight#8230; My college experience has fostered some growth. But for Essay History and Development of Music the nation? Lend me some relevance. Am I to accurately describe my confusion with you over coffee to tell you how this all breaks downI fit in the puzzle and I#8217;m one of the corners, right? Politics. We don#8217;t have movements, and we don#8217;t have causes.

A choice between higher education and higher purpose has been made; show me one text message, fellow student, that you have wanted the Introducing At a Young the Child's Life Essay whole country to read. Children live at school. Especially if they don#8217;t have much of a home life to live in the afternoon or evening, kids live and learn at school. College isn#8217;t so different, only first graders aren#8217;t expected to shape up all by themselves when they appear to Essay on The of Music be wasting time. Oh, college students aren#8217;t either? Pity. I guess higher education isn#8217;t all that important. Maybe the problems of The Geneva Conventions and Modern War Essay higher education are just fronds atop a mirage of public schooling. Talk to Herbert Kohl, Jonathan Kozol, John Taylor Gatto, men who are trying to Essay wake this country up, and they#8217;ll show you what#8217;s happening to my younger brothers and sisters. Content in the shade, college students loaf, while in more dangerous environs, under the pretext that they are to learn, children sit down in why i want a nurse essay sample their desks each morning in the arms of a crumbling system. In college, we choose to Essay on The History of Music sleep in, not to participate, excel, regress, etc.

If higher education is important to the nation, why don#8217;t more people act like it? Better yet, if education is so important to the nation#8217;s future, why is it neglected? Important as it is, I feel proud to remember the words of Thomas Jefferson, who often can remind us of politicians#8217; and citizens#8217; true responsibilities: #8220;It is highly interesting to our country, and it is the duty of its functionaries, to provide that every citizen in it should receive an education proportioned to the condition and pursuits of his life.#8221; He speaks to the politician, tells him to take a good look at his fellow Americans. What sort of education will he provide to match the condition, the quality of life? If the quality be poor, will he stick to poor schooling until lifestyles rise to the occasion? Try downtown Anywhere, where elementary schools have been forced to remove social studies and arts in german expressionist favor of apparently year-round test preparation, for standards in English and Essay on The History mathematics. The #8220;need to know#8221; world and the world of standardization are one in the same, and columns of darkened bubbles are in no short supply, though there#8217;s still a need to live. The Problem with College: Why We No Longer See Ourselves As #8220;Part of#8221; a Community. One anomaly of American society is that our universities play only a marginal role in our culture.

In other nations, like France where intellectual life is not centered on their institutions of education, this may come as no surprise, but the virtues of American universities are indisputable. Academics wonder why they are allowed to be the nation#8217;s intellectual leaders, but not its leaders, or even advisors, in the political or ethical arenas. Some are resentful of the german expressionist cinema mainstream society, thinking it apostate, as though they were priests of some outworn creed, but this alienation, which has developed in tandem with the evolution of academia, did not come because the society rejected the History university as a social or moral authority, but rather because the university ran out of the why i to be a nurse essay sample energy it took to on The function in this role. This occurred, at expressionist cinema, least partially, because those of on The us in in Love college found that the values we shared were not strong enough to unite us. From the time of and Development of Music Plato, the purpose of the university has not been to represent the society or culture in water essay which it exists but to pursue truth. Most academics, who may disagree on and Development of Music, what truth is in essence, would agree that it is a noble and worthy objective. And, since truth is their goal, many of them think themselves justified in being alienated from mainstream society. This does not mean their views are homogenous; I can testify that, at relationship, the University of Idaho (to name one example), the politics of professors in of Music the College of Business are not shared by water conversation, the English instructors; but what the two departments have in common is History their distance from America#8217;s political center. German. This is largely because specialists in any field, whether that field is philosophy or political science, tend to feel invalidated if anyone could reach the Essay History and Development same conclusions that they do. It is a telling fact that, at Believe in Love Sight Essay, least until recent years, there was a higher percentage of self-described Marxist literary critics than blue-color workers.

Nonetheless, this desire for academic innovation benefits the university in that it makes professors#8217; research original; it is for this reason that, whenever universities are rated according to prestige, the United States constantly is Essay History found to have the poem greatest number of prestigious institutions. On The History. Even so, there is water another facet to a professor#8217;s job, teaching. This requirement creates a dilemma for many professors: their strenuous educations and meticulous research has caused many of History of Music them to become opinionated, but, at the same time, they need to keep their students pacified while educating them in german cinema accordance with principles which the students may not share. Thus, they (and the students) learn that it is easier to ignore worldview-related issues. In searching for Essay History the least common ethical denominator among the group, the instructors and the instructed clandestinely agree that the values which they hold as specific to their Weltanschauungs do not apply to everyone, and, if they do, the value of placidity applies even more.

As Allan Bloom wrote in 1987, #8220;[A]lmost every student entering the university . . . Essay. says he believes . On The. . . that truth is relative#8221; (1). While this outlook may work in as far as it prevents conflicts, it is an ineffective communal bond. This is because the values of the Sports Young Essay classroom are provisional andmost students cannot help but feelartificial. They haven#8217;t the power to on The History unite the students and Believe Sight faculty in a community, which requires common interests and mores. In July, The Magazine published What's the Matter With College, an Essay History, essay by the historian Rick Perlstein, online and invited college students across the United States to respond.

Some 600 undergraduates did -- many agreeing with Perlstein's assertion that college as America used to understand it is coming to an end, many dismissing his argument as so much nostalgic pap, still others taking the occasion to The Geneva War critique higher education from an insider's perch. To continue the conversation, we're featuring the History and Development of Music winning student essay and four runners-up, and conversation posting another 450 of the Essay and Development entries in a searchable format. (The other entries were withdrawn by their authors or did not follow the contest's rules.)

The Evolution of Music Essay - 2161 Words |

Essay on The History and Development of Music

Order Essay and Get It on Time -
Essay on The History and Development of Rock and Roll |

Nov 12, 2017 Essay on The History and Development of Music, buy essay online at professional writing service -

The Evolution of Music Essay - 2161 Words |

How To Write Your Undergraduate Dissertation Bryan Greetham. How To Write Your Undergraduate Dissertation Bryan Greetham. How To Write Your Undergraduate Dissertation Bryan Greetham. The cost-effective price means no quality compromise! We all have walked miles in students shoes and we do realize your needs. Our service is interested in providing help in essay writing for different students, and each client is equally important to us. The service we have created presents an on The History easy-to-use platform to poem, buy essay online and to receive the exact essay you need. Our site presents a vast choice of the on The and Development of Music, options. With us you are provided with a chance to take active part in why i want to be essay sample, writing your essay. Essay On The History Of Music! The objective of War Essay our service is on The and Development of Music satisfying the needs of the clients, which means that your preferences, comments, and instruction will be carefully followed. Youre always running out of time especially when you are at college.

Colleges and universities can load you with the tons of essays, and sometimes it is hard to understand where to start from. Students often face situations when they have a solid theoretical background, but encounter problems with the text structuring. Cinema! Or sometimes, the approaching finals are always a stressing period which can influence the on The History, process and why i want sample, quality of your essay. In order to conduct a successful study, the concentration and of Music, efforts have to The Geneva Conventions and Modern, be maximized. Our team consists of people who are into dealing with extreme situations and challenges head on. Working on the verge of the opportunities is our pleasure.

The writers are not afraid of: Time constraints Levels of complexity Essay types The volume of Essay on The History research. Why should I buy college essays from your site? College time is priceless. However, some teachers seem to be merciless: the amount and scrupulosity of the instructions provided for essay writing is at First overwhelming.

Every teacher has his own understanding of the final assignment and knows what he/she wishes to get. That is why the degree of instructions fulfillment directly affects the mark and, consequently, may influence your academic future. You dont have to worry about it with our site when buying essays online! Our writing teams strengths are extreme attentiveness and mindfulness. No detail will be missed.

We share the same objectives with our clients to prepare the best essay possible. For this purpose, it is very important for our clients to provide the Essay on The, complete and Introducing Age Improves Life Essay, utter information concerning your essay. We hope for our win-win collaboration each time you buy essays online cheap! Buying essay from our site usually looks as follows: Each instruction field must be thoroughly filled, so our writers get the full picture of the essay you need Attach the files if necessary You may contact us 24 / 7 and inform about History and Development of Music, any clarifications or additional details The choice of the author is in your hands. You can continue working with the chosen writer, your preferences will be saved and taken into account You are free to ask for a draft of your essay and stay involved in writing process and monitor the The Geneva Conventions Essay, progress Despite the Essay and Development of Music, professionalism of our writers, each essay is carefully checked by the Quality Assurance Department to make sure you get the best paper Anti-plagiarism is the core principle: we make sure the essay is 100 percent unique the plagiarism possibility is excluded You receive your essay Receive an A-stamped paper! Why we offer to relationship, buy our essays online cheap?

Our writers look at each essay through the prism of knowledge, solid research background, argumentation, and critical approach. The philosophy of our company outlines the highest quality, student satisfaction and exceeded expectations and put these attributes before the financial benefit. We are the best choice in essay emergency! Our writers can be challenged with the of Music, urgency up to several hours, and you wont be disappointed. We approach writing your essays in a special way, because we are used to think different. The authors are not only savants in their field; they are also professional writers, who can provide perfectly structured text. Your essay will be different from the other soulless works. It will showcase the Introducing Sports Essay, real thinking process and will have the sparkle that will be definitely evaluated by on The and Development of Music your teacher. Our writers are professionals, and poem relationship, each essay is treated equally seriously. The efforts used for the college essay, high school essay, or dissertation are the same.

If you lack time or cannot write your essay for any other reason our service is to Essay History of Music, stand by! All the Introducing At a Young Age Improves the Child's Life Essay, papers you get at are meant for research purposes only. The papers are not supposed to be submitted for Essay on The History and Development of Music, academic credit. should be there! Terms conditions Privacy policy Referral program. Please read these Terms and Conditions (Terms and/or Terms and The Geneva Conventions and Modern, Conditions) carefully before using the website (Website). Your access to Essay History of Music, and use of Website are conditioned on your full acceptance and compliance with these Terms and Believe in Love at First Sight Essay, Conditions and this Website Privacy Policy, which are published at and which are incorporated herein by reference (Privacy Policy). Essay! These Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy are applied to all visitors, users and others who access or use this Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

If you disagree with these Terms and german expressionist, Conditions and/or Privacy Policy or any part of them, you must not use this Website. Capitalized terms defined in these Terms and Conditions shall have no other meaning but set forward in this section. The following terminology is applied to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy and Refund and Revision Policy: Client, You and History of Music, Your refers to you, the person accessing this Website and accepting these Terms and Conditions. Conventions! We, Us and Essay on The History and Development of Music, Ourselves refers to website. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and at First Sight Essay, therefore as referring to same. By using our Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit to is truthful and History and Development, accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 18 years of age or older and/or have full legal capacity to enter into legally binding relations; and (d) your use of the german expressionist cinema, Services does not violate any applicable law, regulation, and/or your college/university/school rules. Your profile may be deleted and Services provided to you may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are less than 18 years of age and/or do not have full legal capacity to enter into Essay on The and Development legally binding relations. Subjected to full compliance with these Terms and Conditions, shall provide academic writing services as described more fully on the Website (Services). Services may include, but not be limited to, providing our Clients with dissertations, research papers, book reports, term papers, and other types of assignments written by team (Paper) which are intended for research/reference purposes and for your personal use only. Services may include editing, proofreading, paraphrasing, or formatting existing papers of our Clients. Please note that rewriting an existing paper that contains 40% or more plagiarized content may qualify as providing you with a custom Paper and in Love at First Sight Essay, shall be charged for accordingly.

Please note that Services may be provided only to the users who submit an on The History appropriate order form at the Website and may charge fees for such Services. The Services are provided according to the provisions of these Terms and water conversation, Conditions and the specific commercial provisions and of Music, policies (including Privacy Policy, Refund Policy, etc.) as detailed on the Website, and these provisions and Believe in Love at First, policies may be amended or changed from Essay on The History and Development, time to time. The format of the german expressionist, Papers we provide: 12 point Times New Roman; Bibliography on a separate page; Approximately 250 words per page; One inch margin top, bottom, left, right; Title and Reference pages are free of charge. In case Client needs a single-spaced Paper they are to pay a double fee.

The standard Paper formatting includes a Title page , main content of the Paper, and a Reference page. Essay History! Note that you pay only for want to be a nurse, the main content of the Paper, while a Title page and a Reference page are provided free of charge. reserves the right to of Music, use any relevant materials available, such as books, journals, newspapers, interviews, online publications, etc., unless the Client indicates some specific sources to The Geneva and Modern War, be used. PLACING AN ORDER. When placing your order, you must provide accurate and Essay on The of Music, complete information. You are solely responsible for to be a nurse essay, any possible consequences and misunderstandings, in case you provide us with inaccurate and/or incorrect and/or unfaithful information. Please be advised that you will be asked to give final confirmation to the instructions you provide in order details.

Your Paper instructions should be confirmed in your Order Tracking Area within 3 hours after placing your order (and within 1 hour for orders with urgency less than 24 hours). Orders without instructions will not be worked on and may be delayed and Essay on The and Development of Music, you accept sole responsibility for such delay. guarantees that the delivered Paper will meet only water conversation, confirmed requirements. You must not change the instructions once you have confirmed them. Any alterations to confirmed instructions are considered as additional order, thereby requiring additional payment. All payments are due upon Essay on The receipt. If the payment is not received or payment method is poem relationship declined, the Client forfeits of Services. All fees are exclusive of History all taxes and/or levies, and/or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes and/or levies, and/or duties. You agree to german, pay any such taxes that might be applicable to your use of the Services and payments made by you under these Terms.

If at any time you contact your bank or credit card company and decline or otherwise reject the charge of any payment, this act will be considered as a breach of your obligation hereunder and your use of the Services will be automatically terminated. Use of Essay on The History and Development of Music stolen credit card and/or any credit card fraud is considered to be a serious crime. closely cooperates with our payment provider to prevent and fight online fraud. In case of any online fraud, appropriate state authorities will be contacted immediately. By doing a chargeback, you agree to give up all your rights to the Paper automatically. At the The Geneva Essay, same time, you authorize to publish the completed Paper and start the authorship procedure that will allow us to Essay on The History, determine if you have used any parts of the Paper. The procedure may include contacting your school officials and/or posting your full details along with the completed Paper online. reserves the right to Sports Age Improves the Child's Life Essay, change its prices at any time in its sole discretion and History of Music, such changes or modifications shall be posted online at and Modern War the Website and on The History, become effective immediately without need for further notice to relationship, any Client and/or user. We care about our Clients and are always looking for ways to offer them the best value for money.

One method we use is a discount system., at its sole discretion, shall have the right to provide our Clients with discount programs as described more fully and published on the Website. According to our loyalty program, you earn back 10% of Essay on The History and Development your total bill in Points (1 currency unit (inter alia USD/ EUR/ GBP etc.) = 1 Point) after you make your first order. Water Conversation Essay! Your Points are accumulated on on The and Development of Music, your Credit Balance. Credit Balance is an Introducing Sports At a Young Age Improves the Child's Life account for Points of a Client which can be used for of Music, future purchases on water conversation, the Website exclusively. You can use your Points for your next purchases on the Website exclusively. Essay History And Development! Your Points cannot be refunded. The discount may be obtained by the use of the The Geneva and Modern War Essay, promo code. The amount of Points added to Essay on The History, the Credit Balance is calculated on essay, the basis of the order price excluding the applied discount (if any). Later, 5% of every next order (not including credits) is added to your Credit Balance. will issue a refund to you only Essay on The, according to these Terms. offers a 14-day money back period for Conventions Essay, Papers less than 20 pages and a 30-day period for Papers more than 20 pages (Refund Period). Refund Period begins on the date of Client`s order deadline and Essay of Music, expires on the last day of the Refund Period.

In case you are not satisfied with any of the Services, you can submit a refund request according to these Terms within the Refund Period. Once the Refund Period elapses, will not refund any amounts paid. If the order is not completed and/or the Paper is not downloaded or delivered in Sight Essay, its complete form by or to you, the full refund is issued at any time. In the event of order cancellation, the funds will be debited back only to the account of the initial payment within 5-7 business days from the time of cancellation request. In other case assesses refund requests on a case-by-case basis as there are usually unique reasons as to Essay of Music, why a refund request is made.

Please note that if you request a refund, we may require documented proof that the quality of your order is low (e.g., scan copy of your instructors feedback, plagiarism report, etc.). Should you feel it necessary to make a refund request, we will immediately forward your order to our Quality Assurance Department. After comparing their findings with the expressionist, reasons for Essay, dissatisfaction, the german, necessary corrective actions will be taken. Any refund request must be made within the Refund Period. In case reimburses the money because of mistakes or some irrelevance to the initial instructions, our Quality Assurance Department, at its sole discretion, evaluates the quality of the on The History and Development of Music, Paper and refunds an amount comparable to the percentage of in Love at First Essay incorrect content in the Paper and Essay History of Music, mistakes present in it. provides various methods of contact (i.e. Water! email, telephone, message board, and History, live chat) to facilitate communication between you, us and the writer assigned to complete an order. Using any of want to be a nurse essay sample these methods, our Customer Support Center is available to you at any time and will respond to any refund request or other issue promptly. However, if such a request is Essay History not received using any of the aforementioned methods within the Refund Period, will not be obliged to honor or consider the above said request. Should the Introducing At a, Paper delivery be delayed due to unexpected circumstances, from the side of on The and Development, we may provide compensation for the breach of the order deadline in the form of poem a credit or a discount to be used towards your next order with us. Please be informed that delivery time deviation is not a subject to refund. Any revision request or complaint in regards to Essay, a Paper that has provided must be made within the revision period (Revision Period). offers a 14-day Revision Period for Papers less than 20 pages and at First Essay, a 30-day period for Papers more than 20 pages.

Revision Period begins on the date of Essay of Music Client`s order deadline and expires on Essay, the last day of the Revision Period. After that point, no revision and/or complaint will be accepted. recognizes that orders vary in size and Essay on The History and Development of Music, complexity; as a result, dissertation, thesis and/or other sufficiently large assignment may be granted 30-day Revision Period. Sufficiency in Introducing Sports At a Life, the size of the Paper will be determined by Essay on The History and Development of Music in at First Sight Essay, its sole discretion. In case a request for revision is not submitted within the Revision Period, tacitly accepts that the Client is satisfied with the Paper and requires no further actions to be taken in regards to the Paper unless extra payment is provided or a new order is placed. Upon receiving your completed assignment you are entitled to a free revision should the on The History of Music, Paper fail to meet your instructions or defined the relationship, requirements in Essay History and Development of Music, any way. When this is the Believe in Love at First Sight, case, you are entitled to request as many revisions as may be required to make the Essay on The and Development of Music, Paper consistent and compliant with your instructions.

During the Revision Period the request for conversation, revision may be made at any time. All revisions must be based on the original order instructions. If at the time of the revision request you provide new, additional, or differing instructions, this will be interpreted as an Essay on The application for new Paper and thus, will require an additional payment. Furthermore, should you request a revision after the Revision Period, it will also be considered as a new order requiring an conversation essay additional payment. We may require you to on The and Development of Music, supply us with personal identifying information, and we may also legally consult other sources to obtain information about you. By accepting these Terms and essay, Conditions, you authorize us to Essay on The of Music, make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate the information that you provide us with.

We may do this directly or by verifying your information against water conversation essay third party databases; or through other sources. Essentially, verification procedure involves, inter alia, confirming that the Essay on The and Development of Music, order is authentic and poem, that the cardholder is aware of on The History charges by placing a phone call to them, and in certain cases by requesting some additional documents to be submitted for verification to our Risk Department. In order to ensure timely delivery of your order, this procedure must be completed quickly and without delay. Therefore, it is vital to provide accurate and valid phone numbers. Failure to verify an order may result in The Geneva Essay, order cancellation or the order being placed on hold. You consent to our processing your personal information for the purposes of providing the Essay History and Development, Services, including for verification purposes as set out herein. You also consent to the use of such data for communicating with you, for statutory and accounting purposes. You acknowledge that you have read and consented to's Privacy Policy. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. will not be liable to you in relation to at First, the contents of, the use of, or otherwise in connection with, this Website: for failure to learn the material covered by the Paper; and. for your final grade; and. for the outcome or consequences of submission the Paper to any academic institution; and. excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this Website. The latter includes, without limitation, damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon, or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.

The Paper provided to on The and Development of Music, you by remains our property and The Geneva, is the subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under local and international laws conventions. The Paper is History intended for your personal use only and it may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes without our prior written consent. You agree not to engage in the use, copying, or distribution of Papers other than expressly permitted herein. We post Clients` testimonials on our Website which may contain personal information (first name or initials). Hereby by accessing or using this Website, you provide us with your consent to post your first name/initials along with your testimonial on our Website. We ensure our posting these testimonials does not interfere with your confidentiality. If you wish to request the removal of poem relationship your testimonial, you may contact us at Essay of Music [emailprotected]

NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES. reserves the right to german, change these Terms and Conditions at any time and your continued use of the Website will signify your acceptance of any adjustment, improvements and/or alterations to these Terms and Essay on The and Development of Music, Conditions. You are, therefore, advised to re-read these Terms and Conditions on a regular basis. This web site is owned and operated by Viatta Business Ltd. HEXO+ Self-Flying Camera Drone, with a suggested retail price of $1,249.00 USD (Main prize). FreePage (single use) SMS inform (single use) Plagiarism Report (single use) 50$ to Sports the Child's, your bonus balance which you can use in on The, 365 days 100$ to relationship, your bonus balance which you can use in 365 days. 2. Promotional Period. The promotion begins on 7.18.2017, at 9:00 am and Essay on The of Music, ends on 7.28.2017 at 10:00 pm. This Privacy Policy (Policy) describes how information about You is The Geneva Conventions and Modern collected, used and on The History of Music, disclosed and provides other important privacy information, describes when and how we may change this Policy, and tells You how to contact us with any questions or comments.

We collect information about poem relationship, You and computer(s) You use when You use our Services or otherwise interact with us. Personal Information means information that we directly associate with a specific person or entity (for example: name; addresses; telephone numbers; email address; payment information; device location etc.). Client, User, You and on The of Music, Your refers to relationship, you, the person accessing this Website and accepting these Privacy Policy. Essay Of Music! Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same. HOW INFORMATION ABOUT YOU IS COLLECTED. We collect information about You in three primary ways: Information You Provide.

We collect information that You provide to us when You apply for and use and/or purchase our Services or otherwise communicate with us. For example, some of the ways You may provide information to essay, us include: When You purchase our Services, the payment system will require your personal, contact, billing and credit information. When You establish or modify Your user account online, We may collect user identification information, passwords, and/or security question responses that You will use for future sign-on. When You interact with our Customer Service representatives, enter information on our Website, submit survey responses, or pay for Services, we may also collect Personal Information and other information. We may monitor and record phone calls, e-mails, live chats, or other communications between You and our Customer Service representatives or other employees or representatives. Information We Collect Automatically.

We automatically collect a variety of information associated with Your use of our Services. On The And Development! Each time You visit the Website, Personal Information is automatically gathered. Why I Sample! In general, this information does not identify You personally. Examples of automatically collected personal information include, but are not limited to: IP address, Collection Date, Publisher Name, Connection Speed, Day of Week Time of Day (hour), Language settings, Country, City (relating to IP address, if available). For example, some of the ways we may automatically collect information include: Cookies and similar technologies. A cookie is Essay and Development of Music a small text file that a web site can place on Your computer's hard drive in order, for relationship, example, to History and Development, collect information about Your activities on the Website. The cookie transmits this information back to the Website's computer, which, generally speaking, is the only computer that can read it. Conversation! We need to use cookies on the Website to enhance the user experience and avoid multiple logins or password authentication requests. We may use, or we may engage third-parties to use on our behalf, cookies or similar web tags (small data text files placed on Essay on The of Music, your computer or device) or similar technologies to Sports At a Young Age Improves, identify Your computer or device and record Your preferences and History and Development, other data so that our Website can personalize Your visit(s), see which areas and features of our Website are popular, and improve our Website and Believe Essay, Your experience. Depending upon Your computer, You may be able to set Your browser(s) to reject cookies or delete cookies, but that may result in on The and Development of Music, the loss of some functionality on german, the Website.

We may also use web beacons (small graphic images on on The, a web page or an HTML e-mail) to monitor interaction with our websites or e-mails. Conversation! Web beacons are generally invisible because they are very small (only 1-by-1 pixel) and the same color as the background of the web page or e-mail message. Web Browsing Activity. When accessing our Website, We automatically collect certain information about Essay on The and Development of Music, Your computer and Your visit, such as your IP address, browser type, date and relationship, time, the web page You visited before visiting our Website, Your activities and purchases on our Website, and other analytical information associated with the Website. Information From Other Sources. We may also obtain information about You from other sources. For example, We may receive credit information from third-party sources before initiating Your service.

We may also purchase or obtain Personal Information (for example, e-mail lists, postal mail lists, demographic and marketing data) from others. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU. We use the information We collect for a variety of business purposes, such as: To provide and bill for Services You purchase; To deliver and Essay and Development of Music, confirm Services You obtain from relationship, us; To verify Your identity and maintain a record of Your transactions and interactions with us; To provide customer services to on The and Development of Music, You; To create, modify, improve, enhance, remove or fix our Services and Believe at First Sight, their performance; To identify and suggest products or services that might interest You; To make internal business decisions about current and future Service offerings; To provide You customized user experiences, including personalized Services offerings;

To protect our rights, interests, safety and property and that of our customers, service providers and other third parties; and. To comply with law or as required for legal purposes. We may use Personal Information for investigations or prevention of fraud or network abuse. We may use information we collect to contact You about our and/or third-party products, services, and offers that We believe You may find of interest. History! We may contact You by conversation telephone, postal mail, e-mail, or other methods. You may see advertisements when You visit our Website. On The And Development Of Music! We may help advertisers better reach our customers by in Love at First Essay providing certain customer information, including geographic information, language preferences or demographic information obtained from other companies. This information is used by Essay and Development of Music advertisers to determine which ads may be more relevant to You. German Expressionist! However, we do not share Personal Information outside of our corporate family for advertising purposes without Your consent. WHEN WE SHARE INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU.

We do not sell, license, rent, or otherwise provide Your Personal Information to unaffiliated third-parties (parties outside our corporate family) without Your consent. We may, however, disclose Your information to unaffiliated third-parties as follows: With Your Consent. We may disclose Personal Information about You to third-parties with Your consent. We may obtain Your consent in writing; online, through click-through agreements; when You accept the Essay and Development, terms of disclosures for certain Services; orally, when You interact with our customer service representatives. We encourage You not to share Your password.

If You provide Your user account password and/or security question responses to third parties they will have access to Your Personal Information when they access Your user account with Your account password. To Our Service Providers. We may disclose information to third-party vendors and expressionist, partners who complete transactions or perform services on Essay, our behalf (for example, credit/debit card processing, billing, customer service, auditing, and marketing). In a Business Transfer. We may sell, disclose, or transfer information about You as part of water conversation essay a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of History and Development of Music insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which such information could be transferred to third-parties as a business asset in german expressionist, the transaction.

For Legal Process Protection. We may disclose Personal Information, and History and Development of Music, other information about You, or Your communications, where we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary: to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; to enforce or apply agreements, or initiate, render, bill, and collect for services and products (including to collection agencies in water, order to obtain payment for our products and services); to protect our rights or interests, or property or safety or that of Essay on The and Development of Music others; in connection with claims, disputes, or litigation in court or elsewhere; to facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations; or. in an water conversation emergency situation. We may provide information that does not identify You personally to third-parties for marketing, advertising or other purposes. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT THE INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU. Protecting Your Information. We use a variety of physical, electronic, and on The History and Development, procedural safeguards to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure while it is under our control.

Unfortunately, no data transmission over conversation essay the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, although we will utilize such measures, we do not guarantee You against the loss, misuse, or alteration of Personal Information under our control, and You provide Personal Information to Essay and Development, us at Your own risk. You should always take care with how You handle and german cinema, disclose your Personal Information and should avoid sending Personal Information through insecure e-mail, social networks or other internet channels. Retention and Disposal. We retain information only for as long as we have a business or tax need or as applicable laws, regulations and/or government orders allow. Essay History And Development Of Music! When we dispose of Personal Information, we use reasonable procedures designed to want a nurse essay sample, erase or render it unreadable (for example, shredding documents and wiping electronic media). PRIVACY POLICY UPDATES. How We Communicate Changes to This Policy. We may update this Policy at any time to provide updates to Essay of Music, or clarification of our practices.

If we make changes we may provide You with additional notice (such as adding a statement to Introducing At a Young Age Improves the Child's Life, the homepage of Essay and Development our Website or sending You a notification). You should refer to this Policy often for the latest information and the effective date of any changes. This web site is owned and operated by want sample Viatta Business Ltd . A Partner is an individual who refers customers. Essay On The Of Music! A Referral is an individual who requests a service via the referral link given by a Partner. With the first order, a Referral acquires a 15% discount on The Geneva Conventions War Essay, the order, while a Partner receives $50 to the Referral Balance. With further purchases, a Partner earns 5% of the Essay History of Music, Referrals total order price.

All money earned with the Referral Program is stored on your Referral Balance. A Partner can transfer the money to the Bonus Balance and poem relationship, use it to purchase a service. It is possible to transfer the sum to the Partners PayPal account (no less than $20).

Order Paper Writing Help 24/7 -
The Evolution Of Music Through History -

Nov 12, 2017 Essay on The History and Development of Music, best custom academic essay writing help & writing services uk online -

Free essay on History of Music -

The Case For GM, In Glorious Powerpoint. With GMs share price currently hovering below $25, well under its $33 IPO price, The General is holding its second annual Global Business Conference in hopes of encouraging investors the world over to buy into its turnaround. A webcast is currently streaming over at the GM Investor Relations website, but the key points are available in slides available in PDF here. The presentation involves nearly every level of GMs business, so listening in and reading the entire PDF is going to be the best way to make sense of what GM is Essay on The and Development of Music, trying to communicate but if you just want an Introducing Young Age Improves the Child's Life Essay overview, check out the Essay History, gallery below for a few hand-picked slides, illustrating some of the more important points. 73 Comments on The Case For GM, In Glorious Powerpoint. First impression on why i to be, reading that slide: Dan Akerson is a dangerous lunatic. I cant believe people keep comparing him to Alan Mulally. Essay History And Development Of Music. Yeah, theyre both from non-automotive backgrounds, but Mulally came from Boeing, which is a company that actually makes things, whereas Akerson came from some finance company. Akerson is dangerous but he cant destroy GM by himself. This little Powerpoint exercise is scary. Akerson is surrounding himself with little clones and yes-men. They think that marketing, using the right words and images, will solve all their problems.

The vehicles are secondary to them. I thought that kind of at First Sight Powerpoint abuse was done but it still survives at on The, GM. Surely eventually someone will lose his job over this. Ron Zarella is poem relationship, back at GM. The part that pisses me off the most is that the elements of success are all there.

Theres some genuine engineering talent working at on The and Development, GM. Expressionist Cinema. Theyve got history (some of it even good!), theyve got an Essay on The History extensive dealer network, theyve got manufacturing capacity, etc. etc. Why I A Nurse Sample. but with the wrong guy in charge theyll piss away their opportunity to turn it around. And thats exactly what theyre doing when they focus on on The History and Development of Music, branding instead of product. And havent we seen this movie before? Remember Roger Smith and his merry band of yes-men? If GM actually succeeds with this management team, it will in spite, and not because of them. No faith in GM from this corner. Aristurtle, there is some great engineering talent there and they make good cars. The engineers and the people in production are better than management. Poem Relationship. Lets face it, Akerson got the job in spite of his resume and he seems to be infecting or inflicting himself and his yes-men on Essay History and Development, the company.

GM reminds me of what the Germans said about the British army in WWI, lions led by donkeys. The rank and file may not be lions but they are compared to the Akerson crew. This little Powerpoint exercise is scary. Akerson is surrounding himself with little clones and yes-men The vehicles are secondary to water conversation, them. Its Red Ink Rick, all over again!

It looks like the Ackerson years will result in a slimmed down GM. What caught my eye was the 50% reduction in both body platforms and engines. On The History Of Music. Will a 1 liter engine pass muster in the US? Does this mean that there will be no full sized van for Opel/Vauxhall to at First Sight Essay, compete with the Transit and Transporter or will one full-sized van platform fit both Europe and North America? Todays North American full-sized vans share a sizable parts bin with perennial sales leader, the Essay on The History and Development, full size pick up.

Pay attention to relationship, the chart that shows high versus low production costs countries. My bet is Essay History and Development, GM wants to german expressionist, make greater use of the latter. number of engine types. not size of engine. As a brand, Apple is Essay on The, such a one off that be like Apple is a misguided strategy. Their success is very path dependent. Chevrolets positioning is so far off Apples that to The Geneva, think they will ever be in the same league is ludicrous in the near and Essay History of Music, medium term. Okay, GM, lets see a plan where you can be just like Apple. Great, lets get started! First, you have to rethink the entire control mechanism of cars.

Imagine how a car would be controlled by a touch screen instead of a steering wheel and pedals. The Geneva And Modern War. Apple did their equivalent of this when they changed their iPod from the click wheel design to the finger-based touch screen. But that would be illegal! Federal Regulations require that a car have a steering wheel, that it is designed to certain specifications, etc, etc. Well, you cant be like Apple, then. Essay On The And Development Of Music. Apple differentiates themselves from the pack with completely unique design.

If you are in an industry thats so heavily regulated cars need to be extremely similar to each other, you cant be Apple. By the way, I am not saying cars should not be regulated in this way it would probably be quite dangerous to have cars hurtling down the road with radically different user interfaces and designs. But that means that no automaker can use a strategy even slightly like Apples, and the fact that they think they can is worrisome to the extreme. Most retarded comment of the german expressionist, day right here. comparing Chevrolet to Apple ha ha thats funny. I laughed pretty hard at that one too. Essay On The And Development. Doubt very much the mullet behind the wheel of Sight Essay a Camaro has any clue about the success or innovations of Apple products outside of of Music his gen 1 ipod loaded with a catalog of 80s hair metal. Apple is a hip brand that has a huge following with the younger techies and Chevy stands for. unhip appliances you rent while on vacation.

Apple has reinvented itself many times, I dont know whether the changes possible in the car industry are something along the scope of Apple IIe - iPad. As for your feelings of Believe superiority toward your hypothetical Amurcan with a Camaro and mullet, its not very becoming to stereotype people, even po white trash. Hell, over on Jalopnik some youngun thinks Im a racist just because Ive noticed that B-body Impala SSs and high performance Panthers like the Essay History of Music, Marauder are popular with big black men. Ive owned GM cr*p. Never again. I have many Apple products.

All still work. Apple has talent in Believe in Love Sight management and in engineering. GM has slime in management, theyve suppressed both of their engineers, and Essay on The History and Development, the UAW can shove it up their smelly Obamas. Shove it GM. Apple also has major marketing talent, which is something GM has lacked for a long time.

Wait a second. The GM tech center is one of the largest concentrations of engineering talent in the world. At A Life Essay. No question about it. They have something like 4 Cray supercomputers. Many countries governments dont even have one Cray. GM owns more desktop computers than any company in America, and theyre Autodesks and other CAD software companies best customers. As Pete Delorenzo points out, its not the true believers and car guys in the trenches who make the mistakes. As for Apple, considering that Alfred Sloan supposedly invented planned obsolescence, Steve Jobs made it into Essay History an art form. Relationship. In many ways Apple is like a religion or a club that requires regular dues.

They are constantly obsoleting models and its very hard to get old Apple stuff repaired. They didnt exactly treat their customers well concerning the flaming battery issue. Imagine if GM sold a car whose batteries burst into flames, and then said that if you dont get it fixed within two years, theyre not responsible for it. Werent there some privacy concerns over what the Essay History of Music, iPhones do? Imagine if OnStar was doing that?

Think GM would get as much slack as Apple has? Ive admired Jobs (and Wozniak) and Apple product and essay, software designers are among the best, but the on The History and Development, company is not quite ready for sainthood. I owned an Apple IIe, was an Believe in Love Sight early Macintosh owner, and supported about 400 Macs at on The History and Development, a DuPont site. They certainly make great stuff. Back when they made their own software I thought their apps like Filemaker were superior to anything Microsoft sold.

But its not a perfect company. Id say that some of poem Apples behaviors concerning the on The History of Music, iTunes store, what they will and wont sell in terms of apps, what they will and wont let you do with their products, would have attracted the attention of anti-trust investigators at one time. Today, with car companies hooking up in cinema all sorts of formal and Essay on The and Development, other ways it sounds funny, but in why i want essay sample the 1960s and 1970s, some Detroit auto execs wouldnt play a round of golf with someone from another of the Essay on The and Development, Big 3 for fear of an anti-trust investigation. Also, GM and relationship, the rest of Essay on The History and Development Detroit get pilloried for losing market share. Expressionist Cinema. Apple has to on The of Music, keep moving into new markets because in Believe at First Sight every one, they lose big chunks of market share as new competitors arise. Essay On The And Development. In the personal computing field they went from about 10% of the market to 3%. Likewise with the iPod, iPhone, and iPad, their groundbreaking, market creating products quickly have had competitors, all taking market share. One of poem these days, either before or after Steve Jobs leaves the company one way or another, Apple will have another Lisa, another Next.

Im certainly no Apple hater, though I personally use a PC for legacy software reasons. To me, though, if anything, Apples hip appeal is a turnoff. I own a couple of fedoras not because I want to look hip, but because I like hats. @Ronnie: Im a long time Apple user, mostly a consequence of being a graphic designer and production artist. History And Development. Generally speaking they make a darn good product. But, and its a big but, they have made astonishingly bad hardware/software moves. But, I submit its the whole computer mystique culture, and Believe in Love at First Sight Essay, the fact that the general public has just gotten comfortable with computing. What Im speaking of are issues just like the flaming (or dying) batteries, OS software with security holes all through it, etc. The computer industry as a whole has just about History and Development, totally ignored any kinds of responsibility in regards to consumer protection, either from external threats or internal screw ups where we get to be beta testers. Again, imagine if your telephone gave you a shock every time you used it.

Would you continue using it? Of course not. But we (as the general public) have bought into the whole computer mystique idea with geeks as the high priests of the unreadable scrolls. Its only The Geneva and Modern Essay taken 25 or so years, but we as consumers are finally getting around to demanding better software/hardware. And just barely at Essay on The History and Development of Music, that. Ive seen (dimbulb) people threaten to drive their malfunctioning but new cars through the conversation essay, windows of the showroom because of some defect, even though they were wrong about the issue. But we accept all kinds of Essay History and Development flaws in our daily business machines, with hardly a whimper. When Steve Job leaves again (or dies), Apple will flounder. Witness Microsoft, especially with Ballmer in charge. Believe. Or HP. Or any other company where the founding father(s) exit.

I too am no Apple hater either, but there is a plethora of choices out there in the technology arena. I love my Macs, but I have no issue buying Windows or Android or whatever suits my needs. I cant believe itsomeone who hasnt partaken of the Apple Kool-Aid. Of course, God help you if a member of the Cult of Steve reads thiswatch out for Essay and Development of Music, the brickbats. A seldom-discussed reason for the success of Apple is their advertising strategy. Youll notice that you never see Apple computers advertised next to an equivalent PC, because if that happened, people would see just how overpriced Apples are in comparison to why i essay, an equivalent PC of the same size. I like to Essay of Music, call it advertising by isolation. Another thing is the slavish following that Apple has from certain members of the media. I dare you double dare you, to cinema, find me ONE negative review of an on The History of Music Apple product in the mass media. It just wont happen.

You can add me to the list of poem relationship people who steadfastly refuse to drink the Apple Kool-Aid for History, all the reasons Ronnie cited above. I certainly respect the The Geneva Conventions and Modern War Essay, graphic use of their computer geozinger, what, exactly, is the reason Apples are better than PCs for graphics, anyway? Still, computers have way too much stuff on History and Development of Music, them that 99% of people have no idea or rhyme or reason why that stuff is german, weighing down their computers in the first place me included. I like my automobiles the Essay History of Music, same way nice-looking, but I dont need all the bells and whistles the higher-end cars have. All GM needs to Sports Young the Child's, do is make cars that are attractive inside and out like they built from 1955-1972, make them reliable, and theyll be fine. @Zackman: The Apple Macintosh came with pretty decent graphics capabilities right out of the on The History, box, and Apple had developed its own drawing program to ship with the computer. Steve Jobs had taken calligraphy classes in college, which apparently influenced some of the characteristics of the original OS. Other developers saw the potential in this machine and decided to develop page layout, illustration, and photo manipulation programs. Cinema. Generally computer-adverse artists came to History, appreciate the fact that all of the Mac stuff worked together pretty well and didnt leave you with a bunch of Believe at First Sight glitches and incompatibilities like the contemporary PCs did at that time. The funny thing is, most of the PCs when properly equipped, could outperform almost any Mac, you had to buy expensive upgrades to get the on The and Development of Music, real performance out of a Mac.

But, at the time Mac had the graphics design market, and they wisely decided to relationship, hang on to it. Apple was wise in its marketing, too. It had Apple Evangelists back in the day, keeping the troops rallied, and not only defying FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt), but spreading some Apple FUD of their own. Can you imagine a GM/Ford/Hyundai/whatever Evangelist? The hoots of derision would echo for Essay History, weeks!

Having perspective from the Ford/Chevy wars, it was far more internecine than anything Id ever witnessed before. Water Conversation. But being involved in print production, you use a variety of Essay on The and Development platforms in Introducing At a Age Improves the Child's Life everyday situations, and after a while you realize theyre all just plastic boxes with flashing lights. Having said that, I have six Macs at home, and 3 PCs. You can see where my allegiances lie, I guess. But, my next phone will be an Android, and when I get around to getting a tablet, I will probably look to Android for one of those. Im asking Santa Claus for Essay History of Music, a 27? iMac, though Well, if GM can build cars the way Apple builds computers, the poem relationship, first generation will be sold without headlights, and Essay of Music, whenever new tires come out you will have to why i to be essay sample, buy a whole new car which wont work with the old roads and will require all stoplights to be upgraded as well :P. This could be an Essay on The History of Music interesting goal to aspire to Indeed I still own a Firewire iPod 10GB. It was also the generation where they went for awful touch-sensitive buttons.

What a joke. There used to Introducing Sports Age Improves the Child's Life Essay, be an old joke that if cars were as reliable as Windows computers, youd get used to the car just stopping a couple of times a day. BTW, if you think car fanatics get crazy about brand loyalty, dont provoke the Apple cult. On The Of Music. They even get upset when I compare the Win-Mac rivalry to Ford-Chevy. Besides, all the real computer geeks that I know prefer Linux.

In fact I recommend to all that make their Wintel boxes dual boot with a Ubuntu installation just to have a backdoor just in case. As a plan, the plan is want essay sample, actually pretty good. Essay History And Development Of Music. I do have doubts about the ability to execute. It looks as if GM finally wants to embrace a lean production model with supplier relationships to match. Thats good. But lean cant work without a fairly horizontal management team and a willingness to maintain good relationships with line workers. These are things at german, which GM has been notoriously bad.

Roger Smith sort of tried, and failed with it. Culturally, it could be a hard sell. They may have to fire quite a few managers and some of the Essay on The and Development of Music, more strident among labor in order to make it work. It wont be an easy process. The goal to offshore the german, vast majority of production to emerging markets sounds like a real stretch. My guess is that it would cost more, take longer and on The History and Development, produce less satisfactory results than anticipated. The cost squeezing mentality that has been a disastrous part of relationship GMs DNA seems to be lingering, and it isnt a good one.

I also question this desire to turn Cadillac into Essay of Music a global brand. Water. This seems like a desperate attempt to make Cadillac more relevant than what it is. I would instead create luxury platforms, and design and Essay of Music, brand them as Opels, Buicks or Cadillacs, depending upon their market. The Apple comparison was fair enough and misunderstood by the comments that I have read thus far. Relationship. The goal isnt an History entirely bad one. However, I seriously doubt that GM badges are going to become iconic or, more importantly, that achieving iconic status is even necessary in order to sell more cars. For example, does anyone really think that the F-150, Camry or Civic are icons, or that they need to be in Sports Young Life order to be successful? @PCH: I would agree with most of your comments.

I see the comments about offshoring as applying to Essay on The, the region closest to their markets, not necessarily the NA market. But I could be reading that incorrectly, too. Whether Cadillac really makes a international luxury marque will be left up to GM. I personally like your idea better. But neither one of us works there Generally speaking, theres really not much new here.

Generally speaking, theres really not much new here. Well, there are some differences. The supplier relationship discussion is a complete reversal of the Jack Smith strategy of squeezing suppliers for costs. Conversation. Thats a broad departure from old strategy, a strategy that the old GM sold to Wall Street as providing them with an advantage. The blatant commitment to History and Development of Music, emerging markets is also a bit of a change.

Those who make the Sight, inane profits go to Japan argument might want to read this, so that they can see that GM profits are earmarked for destinations in the third world far, far away from Michigan. Theyve also proclaimed that Chevy and Cadillac are supreme brands. Thats different from the past, when all of the US brands were supposed co-equals, even if some of them were blatant failures. History Of Music. The commitment to two dominant marques with others subordinated to them is not something that the old GM would have done. That suggests that an relationship effort is being made to change the political and cultural climate within the on The, company.

This sounds like the greatest break from the status quo since Roger Smith. And that didnt go so well, because the want to be a nurse essay sample, turf brawlers within GM management hated Roger Smith. On The Of Music. Then again, it might be easier today than it used to water conversation essay, be, now that so many brands have been jettisoned and so many heads have rolled. @Pch: The whole business of History and Development of Music supplier squeezing really started with our buddy Inaki, but Jack was CEO at the time, so he gets stuck with the rep. I think that after 20 years of hosing the people who truly make your cars, realizing that screwing them was not good policy constitutes an expressionist epiphany. Essay. Having worked for a Tier 1 supplier and friends and family who worked for Delphi, it will be a welcome change. Im not sure that I would call the commitment to Essay, other markets much of a change, its been happening for a while. For my fellow USians, our market isnt the biggest anymore and when India explodes, we may be the third biggest market. As USians, we may not like it, but it IS prudent. Along with stuff I dont like, making Chevy an entry level product in world markets is consistent I guess. The BK rearranged the Essay on The of Music, Company in so many ways, I really dont think we as the general public are aware.

Which leads to two items: First, Cadillac as a supreme brand worldwide? Honestly, they need to step up the character of the The Geneva, product. Essay On The History. Maybe they need to offshore Cadillac like Buick has been, and build exceptional products for other markets IN other markets, again, like Buick. Second, as I alluded to Essay, earlier and you say Then again, it might be easier today than it used to be, now that so many brands have been jettisoned and so many heads have rolled.. No matter what detractors say, I think there has been a cultural change, but it will take some time to display it. EDIT: Going back to the slide at the top of the post, I cant imagine the management having something like made up this until recently. I think as shortly as 5 years ago GM thought that Ford was their only competition The whole business of supplier squeezing really started with our buddy Inaki, but Jack was CEO at the time, so he gets stuck with the rep. The CEO always gets the credit or the blame. But in any case, GMs management decided that GM could be profitable if it sold low RD vehicles (read: SUVs), built with cheap parts, at high prices, and put a guy on the payroll whose job it was to History and Development of Music, squeeze parts prices. At least Akerson seems to see that such a plan is to be essay, not sustainable in Essay on The and Development of Music todays market.

Im not sure that I would call the commitment to poem relationship, other markets much of and Development a change. Its the bluntness of it. So much for german cinema, the heartbeat of America, etc. No matter what detractors say, I think there has been a cultural change, but it will take some time to display it. I dont doubt the desire at the top to make cultural changes. But they arent easy changes to make, particularly in a company that has been as dysfunctional as has GM. If GM is serious about Essay on The of Music, going lean, it could be a battle. 80% of incremental sales should be build in China, mostly because this would minimise transportation cost. Every business has to have goals. In Love At First Essay. While I understand the allegorical reference to History and Development of Music, Apples loyal fanbase and success, I dont think GM will be following exactly in water Apples footprints. I can appreciate wanting to emulate Apples successes in the last 10 or so years, but Apple made a lot of on The of Music mistakes in water that time, too.

So will GM. And everyone else for that matter. Theres nothing shown in the slides that indicates any kind of madness. All of this stuff has been revealed long before today. Its been long known that GM wanted to use Chevy as a global brand, and History and Development of Music, the timelines for Conventions, rationalizing platforms and engines seems reasonable. This is the macro-plan, the view from 10,000 feet, where they are headed and roughly how long to get there. Where it gets interesting will be in the micro-plan.

But GM at Essay of Music, least in Introducing Sports the Child's North America has been moving the ball down the and Development, field, and seems to conversation, be gaining ground. +1. Thanks for sharing your voice of reason. All I can say is that I have found Cadillac owners to be ambitious and individualistic with an unmistakeable swagger. Their visceral, energetic, and unapologetic tone sits well with me. I aspire to Essay, be one someday. Apple? No. Introducing Sports At A The Child's Life Essay. Apple pie, yes.

Along with baseball and hot dogs. Although I think Toyota, Ford and Hyundai are farther along on that road. Good to see they put the supplier survey information. At least they know good relationships with suppliers is important. Interesting to see the positioning of Cadillac and Buick.

Cant wait for the keynote with Akerson in a black turtleneck showing off the Essay on The of Music, iChevy! Building the brand has always been GMs MO. They build cars on the side. @DenverMike: Building the financial portfolio has been GMs MO much more so than building any brand. I heard a lecture from economist Richard Wolff that did as good a job as any explaining why American car quality went into the crapper.

Wolff stated that once the relationship, car companies got into the finance business, i.e. GMAC, Ford Motor Credit and Essay History and Development, the like, building cars became secondary to the profit that they could make financing the cars. Once they figured out that they could make a hefty profit financing cars, it didnt matter to Sports Young Age Improves the Child's Life, them how the cars were built, just so long as people came back every two years to buy another car. The profit motive outweighed the quality motive, and the same still holds true for the new GM. Im surprised it hasnt been picked up yetApples marketing strategy is EXACTLY what GM used to do 50 years ago. In fact it was a strategy Harley Earl invented: Build a product that exceeds your expectations and makes you happyuntil the next model comes out. Thats Apple in a nutshellexactly what GM used to do before the Bean Counters took the reigns from the Essay, True Believers.

The hysteria over the next Apple anything is merely the 2011 equivalent of the old 1950s showroom reveal. Thats not saying the road to their branding goals isnt filled with potholesDan Akersons still the CEO, for water conversation essay, startersand which engine/platform archetectures get the ax? And so onbut if they actually remember that the product comes first, as they so state in their PDF, then theyve got a shot. One other thingthe current administration in Essay and Development Washington wont be in power forever. A future administration will cut GM loose because the voters who elected them demand it. I assure you that this administration is looking to sell all of The Geneva Conventions and Modern War its GM stock somewhere before November 2012. Personally, I think the best decision financially might be to throw some weight around to oust Akerson, replace him with someone whose head isnt so far excuse me, I think the current polite term is someone less Oroboros-like, and then hold onto the stock until its actually worth more money than we paid for it. Unfortunately, politics dictate that if Obama doesnt sell off the Essay and Development of Music, stock before the election, the guy replacing him will sell it off in January as his own political media play, no matter what loss the government takes on the deal. @Budda-Boom: You are absolutely right in you analysis of Believe Essay Apples marketing strategy. Harley Earl invented it and Essay of Music, used it to devastating effect in why i want essay the 1950s. There is one difference, though.

In the 1950s GM actually had product to History and Development of Music, back up the marketing. And, unlike today, Earl had the full backing and support of the Believe in Love at First Essay, brass at GM, because some of them understood that design, more than anything else, sold cars. Would that they recognized that today. Instead, we have more cost-cutting, silly little product plans, and Essay on The History and Development, no real product to back it up. I hope Im wrong, but I doubt it. Budda-Boom, Ive said many times that Steve Jobs perfected Alfred Sloans planned obsolescence. It might not mean much, but on the slide that shows the benefits of cutting down platforms/engines, there sure was a lot of expressionist talk about saving money and cutting budgets, and yet quality barely got a was relegated to the Other section. It just kind of shows you where the priorities lie with the leadership which is Essay, what makes the Apple comparison so ludicrous. Apples entire business strategy revolves around quality and giving the Sports Age Improves the Child's Essay, customer a fantastic product that they cant get anywhere else.

Pulling out the Apple card seems like such a misguided populist move it definitely shows that the leadership of this company doesnt quite yet get it. Essay On The Of Music. Might as well start rapping and wearing your hat backwards, Dan.then youll really be cool. Yeah, its like you could peek in on the meeting where all this was brainstormed and some marketing guy was saying People like Apple so well compare ourselves to Introducing Age Improves Essay, Apple so then people will like us. GM still hasnt even addressed the negative fallout from the bailout so this branding exercise is Essay and Development, most likely futile and counterproductive. To be fair, improved quality is a potential secondary benefit of rationalizing platforms the german, primary reason it is done is to cut expenses. It makes sense for quality to be grouped under other in this slide. Many of these slides begin with some variation of Build good products as the on The, primary bullet point. Seems like everyone is missing the point. They want the Chevy brand to be as recognizable as the german, Apple brand. Of Music. They arent trying to poem relationship, use Apples strategy for on The History of Music, marketing products or their product development techniques. Apples entire business strategy revolves around quality. SquareTrade estimates that the iPhone 4s malfunction rate over a 12-month span was just 2.1%, meaning that slightly more than two phones out of every 100 will die during a year.

If GM emulates how Apple products behave, its quality is going to decline. In that respect, it would be better for to be a nurse, GM to behave like Toyota, not like Apple. In any case, most of you on this thread are completely missing the on The History and Development, point of the Apple analogy. To Be. As a result, the criticisms are off point. Heres how GM touts the Apple metaphor: Create iconic consumer brands that transcend the automotive category and become fabric of History culture. In other words, they want Chevy and Cadillac to become cult-like brands with a public consciousness that goes beyond cars.

A bit like what Coca Cola has had for a long time, or what GM used to have back in the US back during the Conventions and Modern War, 50s. Of course, GM was able to achieve that in on The of Music the 50s because it didnt have much competition. Today, there is a lot more competition, and the competitors who are making money didnt get there by focusing on cinema, icons. History And Development Of Music. The Apple metaphor isnt a good one for GM because a car company shouldnt expect a bunch of geeks and conversation, hipsters to carry their business. Quirky in the auto business is spelled S-A-A-B, and we know how well that worked out. Would be nice to make a phone call with it but in that iphones are uhm defective. Andriod phones have two reasons why they die more. On The History Of Music. Some of them are much cheaper and much faster model changes so more phones are of the expressionist, first run. Looking at the below list, Chevy has an insurmountable mountain to climb, as do all automakers. (See methodology here: 2011 Worlds most valuable brands in $ billion. Rank in BrandZ (Millward Brown Optimor) Top 100:

4.) Microsoft $76.3. 6.) McDonalds $66.0. 8.) China Mobile $52.6. 10.) Vodafone $44.04. 50.) Mercedes $15.3. I agree the Apple comparison seems pretty ludicrous. Half of Apples success comes from creating, then dominating, new product markets. History Of Music. Cant see GM or any car maker doing that. The other half is first rate design and Believe in Love at First, engineering, if GM makes that a priority then more power to em. Cutting platforms and engines seems like a good first step, as long as they focus on making what remains world class.

Its interesting to History of Music, note that when Jobs returned to Apple, the first thing he did was to drastically cut the want a nurse essay sample, number of Macintosh models they offered. No Apple is Essay on The of Music, not the first to the market. MP3 players, smart phones and tablets were out conversation essay, before they did anything with them. They made their products much better than the others did. That is the strategy. It is more that they as company are good in being the first big company in a new market. After that the other big companies join in and Apple start to loose. General Motors is run by pompous, egotistical, borderline maniacal fools who have no clue about Essay on The and Development, how to Believe in Love at First Sight, sell cars. in short, not much has changed. Heck I figured they had crossed that border a long time ago. @Dan: They crossed the border of maniacal around the same time that Roger Smith became the Essay History, CEO. Just saying

GM isnt a company focused on building, selling, and servicing cars. It hasnt been for want essay sample, a long time. GM exists to feather the Essay of Music, nests and protect the butts of those who are high enough up the corporate ladder. Believe At First. Customers and Essay History of Music, workers are just a distraction from water conversation this. (At least this is the way GM has ACTED for decades, and actions do speak far louder than words.) +1 Dan: And thats the reason that GM finds themselves in the sordid situation theyre in today. Essay Of Music. Chickens do eventually come home to conversation essay, roost, you know. And I have a sick feeling that Toyota is Essay and Development of Music, about to find that out too, much to their dismay. Our direct competitors are Toyota, Volkswagen, Hyundai, and Ford Bullsh!t. GMs only direct competitor is itself; specifically, its piss-poor history of mediocre offerings and water conversation essay, shoddy quality. Essay And Development. The sooner the company faces up to that, the sooner it may actually move on Introducing Sports Age Improves Life Essay, and become relevant to more than 18% of the market.

And you know what? Its hard as hell to beat that kind of competition. Especially when you dont really want to beat it in the first place. +1 Rob. You forgot its piss poor dealers. There is Essay History and Development, so much low hanging fruit at GM that the weight of said fruit is The Geneva Conventions and Modern War Essay, dangling the fruit on Essay on The, the ground. Culturally, GM is essay, still a 3rd rate operation. They have poor long term prospects until that is fixed. Many of their other issues stem from that one fact. Maybe itll work, but the Buick and Cadillac positioning statements basically boil down to on The History and Development, luxury for nice guys and luxury for jerks. Sounds like marketing designed around circumstances (dang! we have 2 brands that are alike what do we do now?).

Does any other luxury brand/company segment the market like this? One of these days GM will adopt Fords strategy. Itll be called One Chevrolet. Why dont they just skip to the third act and The Geneva Conventions War, get rid of Essay on The History and Development of Music all the other brands now? Painful, but inevitable. I still dont think GM gets it. It sounds like the management thinks that all they have to do to make GM successful is consolidate all the global product, cut production costs, and manage the brand. Let me put this in plain terms: Chevrolet has no brand equity. Sports At A Age Improves Essay. Yes, Chevrolet once stood for something, but after all the Aveos, Uplanders, Optras, Epicas, Luminas, Citations, Cavaliers, Celebrities, and other misnamed, underperforming, low quality garbage that has gone under the Chevrolet name you come to the realization that General Motors in this day and Essay of Music, age has no reason to exist. Why would anyone buy a Chevy, when they could get a Toyota, Ford, or VW, nameplates which all stand for something. Conventions And Modern War. Worse, GM cut all ties to the past (the only Essay and Development of Music redeeming feature about the german expressionist, Chevrolet brand), as only the Corvette can claim ancestry with the glory days of Chevrolet in the 50s, 60s and 70s. If GM wants to be successful it needs to History and Development, make exciting products.

To be like Apple means taking risks, forging new ground, and conversation, committing to both excellence and a vision. Apples innovations often boil down to the successful repackaging and marketing of other peoples ideas. History Of Music. Yet these gambles often pay off, and the market and consumers both benefit. The current GM lineup lacks vision or innovation, as it consists mostly of placeholders in conversation various segments of varying, but not exceptional, competence. Essay On The And Development. As a result, none of the GM products really stand out. I once cheered for GM, but years of waiting for the concepts that promised a return to GM greatness like the why i a nurse, rear-wheel drive V8-powered Impala SS combined with consistently bland and Essay and Development, uninteresting actual products soured me on the whole idea and showed me that the poem relationship, current company has little interest in or respect for on The, its glorious past. Expressionist. Honestly, GM needs to make itself relevant and fast. I just hope these global plans dont screw up the two bright stars in and Development of Music GMs portfolio Opel and water conversation essay, Holden.

When I think about on The History, vehicles that are unapologetic, individualistic, ambitious, and powerful with an unmistakable swagger I do not think about the SRX, 3.0L CTS, or XTS. I hate Apple and I hate power-point. Why I Want Essay Sample. I shudder to think of on The History a world where every single manufacturer from why i a nurse sample toothpaste to on The History and Development, automobiles is trying to emulate Apples business model. I shudder to think of a world where every single manufacturer from poem relationship toothpaste to Essay on The, automobiles is trying to emulate Apples business model. GM did not claim that they were aspiring to emulate Apples business model. The GM presentation refers to why i want, Apples branding, not the business model. GM is still controlled by Essay on The History of Music, MBAs. What do these incompetents thinkReality is for Chumps. They will continue to try to manipulate people out of their money so nothing has really changed.

Out of curiosity, could anyone tell me what that thing with the sideline kink above the rear door handle that they are building on The Geneva War Essay, slide 25 of the PDF is called? Thank you in advance! Lost in of Music this discussion is the observation that young people, generally speaking, are more interested in personal electronics (computers, phones, games) than they are in cars. Many people posting here (including me) are excited by cars and find computers, etc to be appliances. Believe At First Essay. People under 30 years old find electronics exciting and cars to be appliances. I think GM is trying to channel that youthful excitement but doesnt see the Essay on The History and Development of Music, bigger picture. People under 30 find cars exciting, too, but they need to want essay sample, be exciting cars, and Essay on The History, they need to be affordable to relationship, someone under 30 (in this economy!).

This is tricky for anyone but a used car dealer. Slide 47 of 66: The United States is referred to as the Untied States. Why should we give them faith in their products when they dont even proofread their own PowerPoint creations? So which brand of automobile out there really is the most like Apple in terms of branding? Tesla? Lotus?

This isnt about History and Development of Music, who makes cars that most resemble ipods stylistically (that would probably be Toyota when was the last time you saw a Camry that wasnt white or silver?), but that their products are instantly recognizable as appealing to someone who wants functionality with a little flair. My vote goes to Mazda for the non-luxury category. Speaking of computer Holy Wars. I was a Sysop in those days. Thats what the moderators of a BBS were called. The feuds between Windoze and poem relationship, F*intosh and OS/2 caught in-between (I forgot what name that was called) became so bad that people poured acid over cars. Serious death threats were made. We had a secret meeting of and Development of Music sysops of warring BBS and agreed to expressionist, ban everybody who just mentioned these things. The feuds continued, but on on The, a more civilized level. You must be logged in to post a comment.

Receive updates on german cinema, the best of

Buy Essay Papers Here -
The Development of the Recorder | Essay |

Nov 12, 2017 Essay on The History and Development of Music, buy essay online at professional writing service -

History Of Music - An Overview - UK

alt - Diploma Exam Prep - tips and tricks. A glossary of most terms and definitions that will be useful for writing your English 30-1 diploma exam. Writing implement of choice + backups (always, ALWAYS have a number 2 pencil and eraser). Essay History? 8.5 x 11 paper for scratch work. Water . Some kind of accurate timekeeping device, like a watch. Want To Be Essay? Anything else permitted (see the of Music list below of permitted books from cinema, Items brought into on The History of Music the exam room are susceptible to theft. Do not bring valuables as you may be asked to leave them in an area of the exam room out of Conventions Essay, your line of Essay History and Development of Music, sight.

Do not bring backpacks, pencil cases, pagers, music players, cell phones, unauthorized calculators, or electronic dictionaries. Want A Nurse Essay? The use of on The History and Development of Music, a cell phone as a watch is not permitted. Expressionist Cinema? Do not take unnecessary articles of clothing, bags, laptops, etc. You may be required to store them in a distant part of the room during the exam. In the event of an emergency, you will be required the vacate the room immediately, and you may need to leave your belongings behind. Do not bring anything that you are not prepared to be without for several hours.

Show up to the exam room 10-15 minutes before the Essay on The History exam begins. LISTEN to the remarks at the beginning of the exam . Often these are just announcements about how long the exam period is and so on, but sometimes there is crucial information about typographical errors and essay, other things which require your attention. Put your name on it and date on the exam. And especially check to see if there is any auxiliary materials for the exam being passed out handouts with formulas or statistical tables or what have you. Arrange these materials front-and-center on your desk. Step 1: Brain dump . In the first 90 seconds of the exam period, do a complete brain dump of any important information that you will need for the exam which is not printed on the exam itself and which is not firmly in your memory (literary terms, etc.). Once the information is out of your head, you dont have to on The History and Development, worry about remembering it.

Try doing this on scrap paper. Practice doing this while studying - it will make things easier during the exam. Expressionist Cinema? Step 2: Fly-through. Having done your brain dump, now spend at most three minutes doing a front-to-back fly-through of the entire exam. You want to accomplish two things here. First, you want to map out the overall content and organization of the exam . Second, while mapping the exam out, you want to gain a sense of where you are likely going to need the most time or energy . See the formats above - this will help you to prepare ahead of and Development of Music, time. Step 3: Time budget . Poem? Do a quick calculation of the average amount of time you should spend on each thing. For example, if you are working an exam with 10 problems and you have two hours in which to do it then you should plan on spending about Essay on The History of Music 12 minutes per problem. Every time you go over that average time value on Introducing At a Life, a problem, that time has to Essay on The of Music, come out of some other problem. So this average is a critical number to know it will tell you at Conventions Essay, what point you need to put a problem down and either come back to it later or else cut your losses on it and move on.

Using knowledge you already have to remember new information. This example uses your knowledge of the sandy desert and your cravings for dessert to help remember which word has one 's' and which word has two. Using acronyms to make a sentence. This example forms a sentence that helps to remember which notes are on the lines of the musical treble clef. Picturing the information in your notes, in your textbook, etc. as it is without looking at on The History, it. Look briefly over the entire book or article to get a feel for its structure and how its argument or arguments will proceed. Pay particular attention to introductory and Introducing Young, concluding paragraphs . These often contain summaries of important points. Look for certain words and phrases that can tip you off that something important is coming up, such as In sum, The point is, Most importantly, and so on. Of Music? Consider reading the conclusion first . Believe? It's like doing a maze backwards: If you know where you're trying to end up, you can find and understand the path better.

Look back over the book or article the next day, reading only the highlighted material . Do so again in about a week. This will help the material stick better in your mind. Some people prefer to try marking in the margins with a pen or pencil , instead of using a highlighting pen. Essay On The And Development? A thesis should fulfill the following roles. It makes a clear and specific statement. It indicates the direction of your thoughts. It sets a stage. It provides structure. It is supported by the body paragraphs.

Here are a few examples of how to plan an essay. These plan templates will ensure you should have the information you need. Do you see how much more interesting adjectives can make things? Use adjectives to enhance the description of what you are saying. For example, instead of saying I was near the The Geneva Conventions ocean you could say something like I was near the vast , salty ocean. What other adjectives can you think of to describe the ocean? Remember to use adjectives to jazz up your writing. Do you see how adverbs can also enhance the quality of a description? Use adverbs to make the reader feel the description.

For example, She is tired is not nearly as relatable as She is helplessly exhausted . Essay On The? Using adverbs improves the connection between the audience and the reaction or impression they are meant to have. Do you see the Introducing Sports At a Young Age Improves difference that adverbs and adjectives can make? Try one yourself: The boy ran to the theatre Where could you insert an adjective or adverb? How about an adjective before 'boy' and History of Music, an adverb behind 'ran'. You could even put another adjective in front of 'theatre'. Sports Age Improves The Child's Life Essay? That sentence is now. History Of Music? (click on the mind map below to view more) An interjection is Introducing At a Young Age Improves the Child's, a word added to on The and Development, a sentence to expressionist, convey emotion. Try to avoid using contractions when writing formally. Make sure you know what your contraction expands to in order to use the on The History and Development of Music proper words (for example, would've is NOT short for would of, but IS short for would have.) BE SURE TO USE CANADIAN SPELLING.

Click on the flag below to see a list. Click on the picture below to Sports At a Young Age Improves the Child's, view a sheet about time management for students. Click on the image below to read an article about Essay and Development how Facebook can decrease your grades. Click through the slides below for insight into digital distractions. Expressionist Cinema? Click on the picture below to view a video on time management. Click on and Development, the picture below to view tips on how to decrease procrastination. - When you have completed all the questions on The Geneva War Essay, the exam paper, make sure you check your answers thoroughly before handing in the answer booklet. - Make sure you have answered the questions completely . Some questions may have multiple parts. On The History? - Ensure your name and all other required information is on the booklet. Click below for essay, 10 tips on reducing exam stress. Click on the image below to read through an extensive description of analyzing media.

Click on the image below to see several case studies and more information on how to analyze media. Essay History? Click on why i essay, the image below to see several case studies and a description of media studies. Examples of the Standards for on The History and Development of Music, Students' Writing. The link above contains examples of Satisfactory, Proficient, and Excellent written responses to the diploma exams for Introducing Sports At a Young Life Essay, 30-1 or 30-2. The link above contains a description of how both Parts A and B are formed for 30-1 or 30-2.

Order Essay Online -
History Of Music - An Overview - UK

Nov 12, 2017 Essay on The History and Development of Music, how to buy essay cheap with no worries -

The Development of the Recorder | Essay |

essay techniques pee How to Essay History, write your best essay ever! English biz has separate guides for each of the The Geneva Conventions, types of and Development of Music, writing you'll meet on Sight your course but this particular guide is probably the most important of them all. Essay And Development? It will show you how to construct an effective, well-structured argument-based essay. How do you feel when you're given an essay to write? Do you fill with f-f-fear? W-w-wobble with worry? P-p-pour with perspiration?

Well, here's a way that make the whole process more satisfying and a nurse essay, enjoyable! Okay, he's off his rocker (but we won't worry as he's not real!). He's yet to discover that writing an essay is never going to be an Essay History and Development of Music, easy task, even for the best writers. But you're about to poem relationship, find out how it can be made much more straightforward , interesting and effective . Oh, and likely to gain you a significantly higher grade, too! So that's something to feel, well. just a little bit excited about! It's important to on The and Development, understand one thing before we start: unlike a maths or science question, an English essay question has no single 'correct' answer. You can breathe easy on that one. It's just not like that. In an English essay there is no one 'answer' and nothing to 'prove'. That isn't to say there aren't wrong answers - there are. These are those based on 'mis-readings' of your texts.

But what your teacher or examiner wants is a reasonable, informed, explained and well-supported view . In a nutshell, that's it. An essay requires this from you: a succinct opening in which you give an overview of your response to the essay question. This is a kind of 'super-condensed' response that sums up your whole response in a line or two. you can add to the opening sentences, a very brief explanation of wh at aspects of the expressionist cinema, text brought you to Essay and Development of Music, this view . If you can give, say, four - six aspects, then you are setting out the cinema, coming structure of your essay . Essay On The And Development Of Music? There is no better way to begin an at First Essay, essay than like this. On The Of Music? From this point on you will never be left scratching your head wondering what to write next.

the remainder of the essay is merely a series of PEE paragraphs that, point by point, argue the Sports Young Age Improves, case for what you have just stated. Each point (P) needs its own paragraph and to have support (E) from the text (either a quotation, or an explanation of some aspect of form or structure ) along with with an explanation (E) of how the text brought you to such a view, the effects it created, the methods the author used to create the effects and, finally, its relevance to the text, that is, the author's purposes . That's it. Done and dusted! More detail below if needed. The secret of a good essay? Make it an argument ! An effective essay is a piece of History and Development, writing that makes a strong and well-supported case for a stated viewpoint . The view it makes the case for is your response to the essay title or question . You'll have arrived at after a couple of in Love at First Sight, readings of the text, more if a poem, and one of Essay History and Development, which will be a so-called 'close-reading' when you annotate the text carefully in line with whatever the essay question asks, seeking out support as quotations or explanations of useful effects created by form and structure . So your essay starts with a clear statement of why i essay sample, your opinion . It could be something like, as an example: 'Shakespeare's theme of violence in Romeo and Juliet is Essay on The History of Music shown especially effectively through the opening scene, as well as through the characters of Mercutio and Tybalt and an analysis of these three dramatic aspects will form the basis of this essay.' The opening overview is why i want a nurse sample sometimes called a thesis statement . The 'thesis' is your response, i.e. the heart of your 'argument'.

It's what the essay goes on to explain and Essay History of Music, support to show that it is german a view that is well - considered, based on the text and reasonable to hold . Essays are about opinions, not facts. This point is crucial to take on board. There is never a straightforward right answer to an essay q uestion or title. There are wrong answers, of course - caused through, for on The and Development of Music, example, misinterpreting the and Modern War, text; but the on The, 'answer' to an essay question will always be a point of view . The Geneva Conventions And Modern Essay? Essays deal in opinions, not facts . This is why your teacher is looking to read your views and why you have come to think in this particular way. How do you arrive at a 'thesis' or overview? This is the tough part - there's no getting away from History and Development, that. Not least, this is because it puts to the test your knowledge of the text and your understanding of the essay title or question . The good news is that when it's done and done well, the remainder of the essay becomes much more straightforward and far more interesting to want essay sample, write, perhaps even a little exciting! The Outline Structure for an Effective Essay.

As already stated above, this first paragraph needs to open with a clearly stated summary of on The and Development of Music, your whole 'answer' along with an equally brief summary of the aspects of the text you'll be analysing to show your stated view is sound . It is these early sentences that provide the major 'signposts' that give your essay and its general direction. Importantly, you need to set a confident tone early on in the relationship, essay. History Of Music? This can be done by adding in a very few details to show you've grasped the text's big picture . This should be a brief comment (brevity is everything in the opening paragraph) on the major details of the At a Age Improves Life, story (poem or whatever) along with an equally brief statement of any relevant context , (that is the situation you feel brought the writer to want to write their text, including key aspects of Essay on The and Development of Music, their social , cultural and expressionist cinema, literary contexts ). This will, though, always need to be focused on the needs of the essay question . Notice how you are constantly seeking to avoid waffle and generalised 'bolted on' comments ; instead, you need to keep all you write tightly focused on the needs of the essay title or question. This is the bulk of the essay. It is a series of paragraphs each introduced with a new clear important and wholly relevant point . Sadly, it's all too easy to open a in Essay and Development a way that inspires little confidence and which drifts from the essay question or argument. Avoid this by opening each and every paragraph in a way that is german expressionist clearly and directly developing the essay's 'answer' or argument . If you started by stating the four-six aspects you'll be covering in your essay, then you'll have no difficulty knowing what to write in on The History and Development of Music these body paragraphs.

This is where you restate, in a different form, your opening argument and give a brief list of the major points you have made along with a comment about the the Child's Essay, wider implications and relevance of what you have found. It will help to think back to the imaginary classroom situation. What would follow on from the Essay on The History and Development, highly condensed 'answer' you gave to your teacher? Your teacher might say, 'Good, that's a fair view to hold - but why do you think that? Show me from the text itself what made you think that way.' In the written essay, you'll need to be providing a whole lot more 'evidence' mainly in the form of quotations each one itself supported by a commentary derived from an analysis of the expressionist cinema, quotation's literary and linguistic content . However, with a central and guiding argument starting off and flowing through the entire essay, it now becomes much easier to search the on The History and Development of Music, text for aspects and Introducing Young Age Improves the Child's Essay, quotations that will provide good quality evidence to support the essay's points. Each point and Essay and Development, supporting quotation needs to be followed by an analysis and comment . Some teachers call this the P.E.E. ( point example explanation ) or P.Q.C. Why I To Be Essay Sample? ( point quotation comment ) system.

This is needed to explain how and why the History and Development, aspect of the conversation, text or the quotation 'works' within the and Development of Music, context of the essay question and the originally stated argument. Certain key questions need to be answered concerning each quotation used: What techniques have been used to make the language of the quotation effective? This means discussing the writer's methods , e.g. through the Introducing Sports At a Age Improves the Child's, creation of realistic dialogue; the use of an effective metaphor; through vivid description; onomatopoeia; alliteration; effective stage directions, etc. How does the method used affect the reader's understanding of the text and Essay of Music, its themes (e.g. 'the effect of this passage is to create a sense of Introducing Young Age Improves Life, really being there for Essay on The and Development, the reader. ')? Why was this method used (i.e. what was the poem relationship, writer's purpose )? E.g. 'At this point on the story the History and Development, author wants to Introducing At a Young Age Improves the Child's Essay, gain the reader's attention in order to begin exploring the Essay History and Development of Music, overall theme of injustice. ' MARK GRABBING TIP No. 1! Begin all of your paragraphs in such a way that it is absolutely clear you are focused on the essay question and its requirements, thus building up your overall argument.

This will keep the essay on essay track and avoid the plague of poor essays: wandering, digression and waffle! What if your essay title isn't in the form of a question? When considered as a question, you will often find it is easier to generate that all-important single main point of view to it - the main idea upon which you will then base the remainder of your essay . Here is an example of a main idea succinctly stated (i.e. thesis statement ) that could be used to create an Essay on The History, argument essay from the above question: The remainder of this - or any other - essay must then be no more than a linked series of points with each point explained , developed and Sports At a Young, supported in a paragraph of its own . These points must all be directly related to the main idea you have already explained in the opening paragraph, which itself is your response to the essay title or question. Remember that each point - each paragraph - must set out to explain , develop and on The and Development of Music, support some aspect of german, your over-riding main idea and Essay and Development, nothing more . In this example, the paragraph that follows the opening paragraph - the first of what is called the body paragraphs of Believe at First Sight Essay, your essay - could be based on the point that the theme of ambition is shown through what Macbeth and Lady Macbeth are given by Shakespeare to say and do in Act One of the on The History of Music, play. The third paragraph of why i want to be a nurse sample, your essay - its second body paragraph - might then explore, develop and support how the theme of ambition is on The and Development of Music shown through these two characters in some part of Act 2, and so on. Below you'll find lots more detail and ideas for writing an effective essay but with luck, the above will have given you the basic idea.

Aim to 'integrate' words or phrases from the text you are studying directly into your own sentences (still using quotation marks, of course). Don't overdo this effective technique, but used sparingly, this use of 'embedded' quotations can help create a very impressive style, one that suggests you have a good grasp of the text and the essay question. Here are some examples of how to use embedded quotations. The first is poem from the opening of John Steinbeck's novel, 'Of Mice and Men': 'Small and quick' George is presented by Steinbeck as a character in complete contrast to his friend, the lumbering and 'shapeless' Lennie. Here is a similarly embedded quotation from on The of Music, J B Priestley's 'An Inspector Calls': As the in Love at First, Inspector says, 'We don't live alone' and this is an important message Priestley gives his audience.

Finally, see how this can be done using John Agard's poem, 'Half-Caste': Perhaps Agard also wants his reader to Essay History and Development, 'come back tomorrow' with a different attitude towards those they might feel are in want to be a nurse sample any way different from themselves. MORE TIPS AND MORE DETAIL! Essays take a great deal of effort and time and so deserve careful preparation. T he most common failing examiners find is Essay on The and Development a lack of understanding of the text on which the to be essay, essay is based. This is to take the road signpos ted 'Failure'. But you're heading elsewhere. So. get to know your text well.

You won't succeed if you don't! I f you struggle with the text, read it through again with a study guide to hand. On The History And Development Of Music? Also, talk the Conventions and Modern War, text over with friends or your teacher. There is more help with specific texts here . Many essay writers fail to Essay History, create an initial main viewpoint or drift from this single focus. This loses marks as it leads to waffle , vagueness and generalisation . As you've read above, another common pitfall is to focus too much on expressionist cinema the surface features of the text you are writing about. This happens when you write at length about the meaning of the text, i.e. by telling what happens in it. In effect, all you are doing when you do this is to and Development of Music, retell the story of the text.

You need to be discussing how and relationship, why the author has created an effective text through careful, interesting and effective choices of style and language as well as structure . M ore marks are lost if you forget the need to support the points you make in on The each paragraph. A good idea is to water essay, try to use at History and Development of Music, least one quotation - or reference to the text - per paragraph. Remember, too, that this is an English essay and this means you need to reflect how authors use language and literary techniques in effective ways in their writing . Aim only to choose quotations that contain important elements in them that will allow you to discuss in depth aspects of, for example, their literary style , language or structure. Consider discussing, for example, how the quotation acts to poem, build tension , mood , character , a sense of Essay History, place or how it helps explore one of the text's themes . Discuss, too, how the quotation works both at the point it occurs and as a contribution to the whole , i.e. the way it helps the writer achieve his or her purpose . This means you need to discuss aspects of the quotation such as its effectiveness - which means discussing aspects of language , structure and cinema, style . 1. DEVELOP A STRONG INITIAL FOCUS FOR YOUR ESSAY. The word 'essay' comes from a French word meaning 'attempt': your essay is your attempt to argue for your point of on The of Music, view , a view that when succinctly expressed is called a thesis statement . This 'thesis statement' needs to be an idea you developed based on an interpretation of whatever aspect of the text is asked in the essay question. Introducing Young Age Improves Life Essay? Interpretation means considering how a text operates at different levels ; it is History of Music your interpretation of the text that will be at water essay, the heart of the essay: an interpretation that must supports the History of Music, overall thesis statement. 2. FIND SOLID SUPPORT FOR YOUR VIEWPOINT. You will need to search through the text and note down a series of poem, aspects and quotations that can be used to support the overall view you have developed. Use 'post-it notes' to help with this or write the aspects/quotations down separately.

Choose aspects or quotations that you can analyse successfully for the methods used , effects created and purpose intended . 3. WRITE AN EFFECTIVE OPENING PARAGRAPH. Use your introductory paragraph to state your point of view , i.e. your thesis statement. The purpose of your opening paragraph is to History and Development, make clear your thesis statement - response to the essay question: that is, to explain the focus of your argument - your main idea or point of view. Stated clearly at the opening to your essay, this shows how you intend to answer the essay question and what general direction your essay will take. Following your thesis statement, it's a good idea to add a little more detail that acts to german expressionist cinema, 'preview' each of the major points that you will cover in the body of the essay. This opening paragraph will then act to show - succinctly - where you stand regarding the questions and how you intend to answer it. Importantly, in the opening paragraph of Essay History and Development, your essay you will also need to essay sample, write an overview of the Essay and Development of Music, text, one that gives a succinct summary of the ' big picture ' of the text; importantly, too, of course, this must be focused on the requirements of the essay question. Giving a succinct account of the big picture of the text in the opening paragraph will show that you have engaged with and digested the detail of three key aspects of the essay: the essay question, the text and its author - perhaps also, a brief account of the author's context . Giving an overview suggests a confident approach and is a hallmark of the best essays.

TIP: It is always impressive to german cinema, incorporate into Essay, your own sentences, using quotation marks of course, a short suitable quotation taken from the text. Some teachers call this using embedded quotations. Keep all references to the biographical background of the water essay, author and on The of Music, any aspects of Sports At a the Child's Essay, his or her context entirely relevant to the essay question and - brief! Remember that this is not a history or a sociology essay so very few marks are awarded for this kind of Essay on The History and Development, background information (although that does not mean it might not be useful). The majority of marks in an English essay are awarded for the quality of analysis and interpretation you show - that is, an awareness of the author's uses of the English language and literary uses of this. If your essay title does concern aspects of context try hard to discuss context by deriving your comments from quotations rather than by expressionist cinema, merely discussing aspects of context; in other words allow the text to Essay and Development of Music, introduce the context. TIP: avoid making simplistic and irrelevant value judgments of the Believe, text or its author. Saying that Shakespeare is 'a wonderful author' or that you think 'Of Mice and Men' is 'really good' will gain no marks whatsoever - this is no more than a kind of waffle that fills space with empty words that add nothing useful to your essay. 4. USE THE REMAINING PARAGRAPHS EFFECTIVELY.

Follow the opening paragraph with a number of paragraphs that form the 'body' of the essay. Each of these paragraphs are there purely to expand on and support your originally stated overall viewpoint. Having stated your main idea in your opening paragraph, now you need explore this, develop it and provide support from the text for this. In the essay's body paragraphs your aim is to: follow the analysis system called P.E.E. or P.Q.C. On The Of Music? For more on this see here ; work through the Believe at First Essay, text's structure logically and, highlighting via the use of quotations, explain how these led you to Essay and Development of Music, develop your point of view; comment on how the language of each of these parts led you to form your interpretation: why did the expressionist cinema, author choose this particular type of language to make this point in this way? How does it help a) the audience and b) the Essay on The and Development of Music, writer's purpose or theme ? discuss how this individual part of the text forms a useful structural part of the text by leading the reader towards an overall understanding of the essay sample, themes, messages or purposes of the Essay on The History and Development, text; CRUCIALLY. each paragraph needs to develop a separate and individual point - one that will help to show how different parts and The Geneva, aspects of the text helped you develop your interpretation and viewpoint (this is the POINT part of P.E.E.); A useful tip is to open each paragraph with a topic sentence . This is a sentence that clearly makes a point that is developing your argument - your answer to the essay question - and, because it is, therefore, clearly focused on on The History of Music the essay question, it will keep your writing on track; Always aim to provide support for each of the points you make by referring directly to the text (this is the EXAMPLE part of P.E.E.). You normally do this by quoting briefly from Sports Young Age Improves the Child's Life, a relevant part of the text but you might choose to describe an event. It's very important NOT to write a long description of History, WHAT happens.

If you do you are merely 'retelling the story' - this loses many marks. In a play you also lose marks if you do not discuss aspects of the staging and stage action. You will need to follow each quotation with an explanation of and Young Age Improves Life Essay, a discussion on aspects of the language the author used in the quotation; this means discussing, for example, how aspects of the quotations literary, poetic or dramatic language works, including mentioning the of Music, method the writer used, the effect the language creates and the reasons this might have been done (this is the EXPLAIN part of P.E.E). You should also aim to show how the why i want a nurse essay sample, quotation helped you develop your overall interpretation of the text (this is also the EXPLAIN part of P.E.E). 5. CREATE A LOGICAL STRUCTURE. Always work in Essay on The and Development a clear way through the water conversation essay, text, from beginning to end. Avoid starting your essay by discussing a point that occurs half way through your text: ALWAYS begin at the beginning!

Many students begin discussing a text half way through or even near the end then go back to an earlier point. This ignores the work the writer puts in to on The History and Development, develop an effective structure to their text - and water conversation essay, loses marks! 6. On The And Development Of Music? CONCLUDE EFFECTIVELY. The conclusion to why i essay, an essay is important but causes problems for many students. Essay History And Development? It should leave your reader with a pleasant and at First Sight Essay, logical sense of 'closure' - a 'wrapping up' of the main ideas behind the essay . 1. Re-state in a different form (using rather different words) your opening argument. 2. Now bring together your main points (again, avoiding simple repetition of the same words): list or summarise the main points from the History and Development of Music, preceding paragraphs (use the topic sentences from each paragraph to give you an idea).

3. End by identifying some of the wider implications and Introducing Young Age Improves the Child's Life Essay, relevance that arise from what you have found and explored. The conclusion should consist of just a few sentences but these will need to be made to sound convincing and authoritative . It's crucial to keep the conclusion brief and to the point and, above all else, to introduce no new material at all. ALWAYS WRITE ANALYTICALLY , NEVER DESCRIPTIVELY. Here is an example of how many students go wrong; don't worry, you won't - but this is a very common mistake: In William Shakespeare's play, 'Romeo and Juliet', these are the first two lines of the on The History and Development, 'Prologue' as spoken by 'The Chorus': 'Two households, both alike in dignity, In fair Verona, where we lay our scene. ' What follows is a typical 'retelling': an 'overview' or 'translation' that gains no marks : 'Here, Shakespeare is saying that the At a Young Age Improves Life, play is set in Verona where there are two dignified families.' Compare the above 'description' with this analytical and insightful interpretation : 'The opening lines of the Prologue are important because they paint a picture for the audience of what could and should be - fairness and Essay on The of Music, dignity. These words set up a powerful contrast to what is: the violence, hatred and bloodshed shown in the coming scene. Expressionist Cinema? It will be against this violent backdrop that the Essay History and Development of Music, pure love of Sports At a Young Age Improves Life Essay, Romeo and Juliet will have to struggle.'

Which approach and on The and Development of Music, style would gain the higher mark? STUCK FOR WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT? THERE ARE FOUR KEY ASPECTS THAT APPLY TO ALL TEXTS AND WHICH SHOULD FORM THE BASIS OF ANY LITERATURE ESSAY. FORM, CONTENT, STRUCTURE AND STYLE. This is Introducing Sports Young the Child's Life Essay so very often ignored despite the fact that it provides the on The History, basis for the very best essays because it provides a subtle response.

And subtlety always receives the The Geneva Conventions and Modern War Essay, highest marks ! When you write about a text at on The History of Music, the level of its form , you analyse how aspects of it other than the meaning of its language have been used by the writer in important and effective ways. To give you an idea of the importance of form to a text, you yourself make use of the form of language when you speak loudly or softly , or when you chat or text a friend and use CAPS LOCK. Also, when you create short or long sentences or paragraphs you are affecting the look - the form - of your writing. Believe At First? This, albeit subtly, affects the on The of Music, way the writing is received and interpreted. A novelist makes use of form by writing in sentences and paragraphs of varying lengths (you can imagine the At a Young Age Improves Life, effect a very short sentence, or a one-line paragraph, for example).

The use of dialogue (spoken words shown inside speech marks) is also an effective use of form, as is the Essay History and Development of Music, use of underlining , bold or italics - or, in non-fiction texts, the inclusion of bullet points or sections. Poets are acutely aware of and very creative with the water essay, use of form. A poet makes use of form, for example, by consciously splitting up sentences into the lines of poetry . This allows the on The and Development, poet to exaggerate a particular word by placing it at water, the end of a line, or by rhyming it with a similar sounding word. A non-fiction writer makes use of form by using layout and appearance and by adding illustrations and photographs , and so on. All writers use form by using patterns of sound , such as by History and Development of Music, using alliteration , rhyme , rhythm , onomatopoeia , assonance and water essay, so on. A playwright, of on The and Development, course, uses form very differently. When your essay concerns a play, therefore, you'll definitely be losing marks if you ignore aspects of form. In a play, much of the 'meaning' is created not from language but from what you see happening on the stage - the staging and stage action. This includes not just what the actors do but what they wear , where they stand and cinema, so on - all potentially important formal aspects of the play that should find their way onto Essay and Development of Music your essay. Form is always worthy of comment when (but only when ) if it adds usefully to the meaning, i.e. the content of a text. Every word and phrase has a literal meaning . Introducing? This is History and Development of Music its basic dictionary meaning.

It's sometimes called a word's denotation . E.g. 'In this story, the author's detailed description of darkness denotes the Sight, coming on of a storm'. This is a way of 'playing' around with a word's meaning that makes writing more vivid , emotional and interesting . Essay On The? Words and phrases can be used differently from their literal context and given what is called a connotation . Using connotation or figurative language , a writer can introduce layers of meaning - especially emotional meaning (don't forget that many words can create both meaning and essay, feeling ). The most common way this is Essay on The and Development done is to use a word not for its literal meaning but for its metaphorical or figurative meaning. The Geneva Conventions Essay? Another way is to use a word that acts as symbolically and represents something very different from its literal meaning. E.g. 'As well as suggesting the coming of a storm, the Essay on The History and Development, darkness also acts to suggest a metaphorical darkness is taking over the character's mind. In this way the darkness seems to be symbolising a kind of evil'. Using a pun - a witty play on words - is another way that meaning can be played with in an interesting way. Punning works because some words, in water a certain context, can have an ambiguous meaning - two possible meanings - one of History and Development of Music, which might be humorous. Irony is a key way that writers use to create layers of meaning. Expressionist Cinema? Sarcasm is irony, but this is a spoken form of irony that is intended to hurt someone's feelings by ridiculing some aspect of them. It's a crude, easy kind of irony not really subtle enough for writing. Irony is usually subtle , sophisticated , edgy and witty ; an altogether more intelligent use of language.

But irony can also be difficult to recognise - yet it is probably true to say that irony is one of the most common means by which a sophisticated writer creates layers of meaning in a text . Irony works because when it is recognised, it engages the reader very much more closely with the text. This is because, rather like solving a puzzle, there is a real enjoyment and satisfaction in unpicking the various levels of meaning created by Essay on The and Development of Music, the irony. Creating an 'ironic tone of voice' in writing is much harder than in speech because the original sound of voice and facial expression or body language of the speaker are absent. To create an water conversation essay, ironic tone (or any tone, for that matter), words have to be chosen with great care. It is a key reading skill to be able to detect this as it tells you what attitude the writer is on The History of Music taking towards their subject matter. An example of irony occurs in an old story by O. Henry called 'The Gift of the Magi'.

This story of poor young lovers ends with the boyfriend selling the one thing he owns of why i to be a nurse essay sample, value, his pocket watch, in History of Music order to buy his girlfriend an expensive hair comb; equally secretly, she has all of her long hair cut off to sell to a wig maker so she can afford to buy him. a chain for his watch. Structure is the way a writer consciously 'shapes' a piece of writing in Believe Sight an attempt to make it as effective as possible for their audience and their purpose. It is important to comment on the structure of a text, e.g. 'The way the author slowly builds up the tension throughout this chapter helps create a feeling of History and Development of Music, real excitement and mystery'. Style is the way a writer or speaker consciously chooses language and language features to The Geneva and Modern War, suit a particular audience to achieve a specific purpose . When you aim to convince your mum that Friday's party cannot be missed, you will consciously adapt your style to one that is more emotional and persuasive! Some famous writers have a particular style of on The History, their own that is quickly recognisable. German? John Steinbeck, Charles Dickens and Essay and Development of Music, William Wordsworth are three such writers - here, a writer's individual style is conversation sometimes referred to as the writer's 'voice'. Your primary job when analysing and discussing a text is to Essay on The History, comment on its style - on what are called the why i to be sample, stylistic or language choices its writer has made, especially those that seem to you to History, have been chosen to create a particular effect to achieve a certain purpose. So. if you are commenting on the form and content of a writer's language, you are commenting on the writer's style . COMPARING TWO OR MORE TEXTS. Even though it's a central part of the mark scheme, and always made clear in the essay question or title, each year many students still manage to write their comparison exam answer or coursework essay and forget to water conversation, compare and contrast the Essay on The History, texts . Aside from not knowing the why i want to be a nurse essay sample, texts sufficiently well, failing to compare and Essay on The History and Development of Music, contrast is the number one reason marks are lost in this kind of essay. When writing about more than one text, your opening paragraph should be used to give the briefest details of each text (i.e. your writing needs to be succinct !). This will mean being even more careful and sparing when you write an overview of each text, in which you give the big picture . There are two methods you can consider using when comparing texts:

1) Write about the The Geneva Conventions Essay, first text fully before moving on History to the second - still using the techniques outlined above; but when you go on to write about the second text, you must compare and contrast it with the first. 2) Alternatively, and this makes the most sense when thinking about the argument essay, you write about both texts as you proceed . This allows you still, as shown above, to create a central argument , one in which examples to expressionist cinema, support the Essay and Development, points are taken from one or both texts as relevant to expressionist, the point. This second method is the more complex and sophisticated of the two.