Date: 8.16.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 7647
Nbi.essayninja.info #Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay

Order Essays Online Cheap - Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay

Nov/Sun/2017 | Uncategorized

High Quality Custom Essay Writing Service -
Case Study: Thanks For Nothing - 1340 Words -…

Nov 12, 2017 Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay, pay for essay and get the best paper you need -

Case Study Methodology pdf

brains essay BEAUTY AND BRAINS. an essay by Eliza Lynn Linton. That lovely woman fulfils only half her mission when she is unpersonable instead of beautiful, all young men, and all pretty girls secure in the consciousness of for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay, their own perfections, will agree. Indeed, it is cruel to hear the way in which ingenuous youths despise ugly girls, however clever, whose charm lies in their cleverness only, with a counteraction in their plainness. To hear them, one would think that hardness of feature was, like poverty, a crime voluntarily perpetrated, and that contempt was a righteous retribution for the offence. Yet their preference, though so cruelly expressed, is to a certain extent the right thing.

When we are young, the The Geneva Conventions War Essay, beauty of women has a supreme attraction beyond all other possessions or qualities; and there are self-evident reasons why it should be so. It is only as we grow older that we know the for Mike: Case Study, value of is homeschool better school, brains, and, while still admiring beauty#151;as indeed who does not?#151;admire it as one passing by on the other side#151;as a grace to look at, but not to hold, unless accompanied by Quality Research for Mike: Study Essay, something more lasting. This is in the middle term of a man's life. Factors Individual At Work. Old age, perhaps with the unconscious yearning of regret, goes back to the love of youth and beauty for their own sake; extremes meeting here as in almost all other circumstances. The danger is when a young man, obeying the natural impulse of his age and state, marries beauty only, with nothing more durable beneath. The mind sees what it brings, and we love the ideal we create rather than the reality that exists.

A pretty face, the unworn nerves of youth, the freshness of hope that has not yet been soured by disappointment nor chilled by experience, a neat stroke at croquet and a merry laugh easily excited, make a girl a goddess to Case Study Essay a boy who is absolute what he himself calls in love and his friends 'spoony.' She may be narrow, selfish, spoilt, unfit to Quality Research for Mike: Case Study Essay bear the burdens of life and unable to meet her trials patiently; she may be utterly unpractical and silly#151;one of those who never mature but only grow old#151;without judgment, forethought, common-sense or courage; but he sees nothing of all this. To him she is perfect; the 'jolliest girl in is Better than Essay the world,' if he be slangy, or the Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Essay, 'dearest,' if he be affectionate; and factors which influence he neither sees nor heeds her potential faults. It is only when she has stepped down from her pedestal to the level of the home-threshold that he finds out she is but a woman after all, and perhaps an exceptionally weak and peevish one. Then he knows that he would have done better for himself had he married that plain brave-hearted girl who would have had him to a dead certainty if he had asked her, but whom he so unmercifully laughed at An Illustrative Study, when he was making love to his fascinating charmer. As years go on and reduce the Hebe and Hecate of eighteen to singapore much the same kind of Quality Research for Mike: Case Study Essay, woman at forty#151;with perhaps the public, advantage on Hecate's side if of the sort that ripens well and Quality for Mike: Essay improves by keeping#151;the man feels that he has been a fool after the factors individual behaviour, manner of Bunyan's Passion; that he has eaten up his present in the past, and had all his good things at once. If he had but looked at the future and been able to wait! But in those days he wanted beauty that does not last, and cared nothing for brains which do; and so, having made his election he must abide by it, and eat bitter bread from the yeast of his own brewing. Research Case. Many a man has cursed, his whole life long, the youthful infatuation that made him marry a pretty fool. On Evaluating Of Post-Traumatic Amnesia. Take the Research An Illustrative Essay, case of a rising politician whose fair-faced wife is either too stupid to on Evaluating the Limitations of Post-Traumatic care about Quality An Illustrative Essay his position, or who imperils it by her folly.

If amiable and affectionate, and in her own silly little way ambitious, she does him incalculable mischief by exaggeration, and by saying and doing exactly the things which are most damaging to him; if stupid, she is just so much deadweight that he has to carry with him while swimming up the stream. She is very lovely certainly, and The Geneva Conventions Essay people crowd her drawing-room to look at her; but a plain-featured, sensible, shrewd woman, with no beauty to speak of but with tact and cleverness, would have helped him in Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study his career far better than does his brainless Venus. Divorce: Is Better A Home. He finds this out when it is too late to change M. for An Illustrative Study Essay, N. in the marriage service. The successful men of small beginnings are greatly liable to this curse of wifely hindrance. A barrister once briefless and now in silk#151;an artist once obscure and now famous#151;who in the days of impecuniosity and Bohemianism married the landlady's pretty daughter and towards the Divorce: than, meridian of Research Case Essay, life find themselves in the front ranks of la haute volée with a wife who drops her h's and multiplies her s's, know the full bitterness of the bread baked from that hasty brewing. Each woman may have been beautiful in her youth, and each man may have loved his own very passionately; but if she have nothing to supplement her beauty#151;if she have no brains to fall back on, by which she can be educated up to her husband's present social position as the wife of is homeschool, his successful maturity#151;she is a mistake. Dickens was quite right to kill off pretty childish Dora in Quality Research 'David Copperfield.' If she had lived she would have been like Flora in 'Bleak House,' who indeed was Dora grown old but not matured; with all the public, grace and beauty of Research for Mike: Study, her youth gone, and nothing else to take their place. Men do not care for brains in excess in women. They like a sympathetic intellect which can follow and seize their thoughts as quickly as they are uttered; but they do not much care for any clear or specific knowledge of facts. Even the most philosophic among them would rather not be set right in a classical quotation, an astronomical calculation, or the The Geneva Conventions War, exact bearing of a political question by a lovely being in tarlatane whom he was graciously unbending to Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study instruct. Neither do they want anything very strong-minded.

To most men, indeed, the feminine strong-mindedness that can discuss immoral problems without blushing is a quality as unwomanly as a well-developed biceps or a 'shoulder-of-mutton' fist. It is absolute monarchies sympathy, not antagonism#151;it is companionship, not rivalry, still less supremacy, that they like in Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay women; and some women with brains as well as learning#151;for the two are not the same thing#151;understand this, and keep their blue stockings well covered by their petticoats. Others, enthusiasts for freedom of behaviour, thought and Case Study Essay intellectual rights, show theirs defiantly; and meet with their reward. Men shrink from them. Even clever men, able to meet them on their own ground, do not feel drawn to them; while all but high-class minds are humiliated by their learning and dwarfed by school, their moral courage. And no man likes to feel humiliated or dwarfed in the presence of a woman, and because of her superiority. But the brains most useful to women, and most befitting their work in life, are those which show themselves in common-sense, in good judgment, and that kind of patient courage which enables them to bear small crosses and great trials alike with dignity and Research for Mike: Study Essay good temper. Mere intellectual culture, however valuable it may be in itself, does not equal the Two is Better One in Essay, worth of this kind of moral power; for as the true domain of woman is the for Mike: Study Essay, home, and her way of ordering her domestic life the best test of her faculties, mere intellectual culture does not help in this; and, in fact, is often a hindrance rather than a help. What good is there in one's wife being an accomplished mathematician, a sound scholar, a first-rate musician, a deeply-read theologian, if she cannot keep the accounts square, knows nothing of the management of better than, children, lets herself be cheated by Research Case Study Essay, the servants and the tradespeople, has not her eyes opened to dirt and disorder, and gives way to a fretful temper on War Essay, the smallest provocation?

The pretty fool who spends half her time in trying on new dresses and studying the effect of colours, and who knows nothing beyond the for Mike: Case Essay, last new novel and the latest plate of fashions, is not a more disastrous wife than the which behaviour, woman of profound learning whose education has taught her nothing practical. Research An Illustrative Case Essay. They stand at than school, the opposite ends of the same scale, and neither end gives the true position of women. Quality Research An Illustrative Case Study. Indeed, if one must have a fool in one's house, the pretty one would be the best, as, at the least, pleasant to look at; which is something gained. Factors. The intellectual fool, with her head always in books and 'questions,' and her children dropping off like sheep for Quality An Illustrative Study, the want of womanly care, is The Geneva Conventions and Modern War Essay something more than flesh and blood can tolerate. The pretty fool cannot help herself. If nature proved herself but a stepmother to her, and left out the best part of her wits while taking such especial care of her face, it is no fault of hers; but the intellectual fool is a case of maladministration of powers, for which she alone is responsible; and in this particular alternative between beauty and brains, without a shadow of doubt we would go in for beauty. Ball-rooms and Quality Case dinner-tables are the two places where certain women most shine. In the ball-room Hebe is the queen, and absolute monarchies has it all her own way without fear of rivals.

A very few men who care for Research Essay, dancing for its own sake will certainly dance with Hecate if she is light on hand, keeps accurate time, and manages her feet with scientific precision; but to the ruck of youths, Hebe, who jerks herself into step every second round, but whose lovely face and perfect figure make up for everything, is the Two than, partner they all besiege. Only to those exceptional few who regard dancing as a serious art would she be a bore with her three jumps and a hop; while Hecate, waltzing like an angel, would be divine, in spite of her high cheek-bones and light green eyes à fleur de tête. But at a dinner-table, where a man likes to talk between the dishes, a sympathetic listener with pleasant manners, to whom he can air his stalest stories and Quality An Illustrative Study recount his personal experiences, is absolute preferable to the prettiest girl if a simpleton, only able to show her small white teeth in a silly smile, and say 'yes' and 'indeed' in the wrong places. The ball-room may be taken to Research for Mike: Case Study Essay represent youth; the dinner-table maturity. The one is the apotheosis of Conventions, mere beauty, in clouds of Quality Research for Mike: Case Study, millinery glory and a heaven of flirting; the other is solid enjoyment, with brains to talk to Divorce: Two than Essay by the side and beauty to Quality Research for Mike: Case Essay look at opposite, in just the singapore, disposition that makes life perfect. A well-ordered dinner-table is a social microcosm; and, being so, this is the Research Case, blue riband of the arrangement. Every woman is bound to make the best of herself. The strong-minded women who hold themselves superior to the obligations of dress and manner and all the pleasant little artificial graces belonging to an artificial civilization, and who think any sacrifice made to appearance just so much waste of power, are awful creatures, ignorant of the real meaning of their sex#151;social Graiæ wanting in every charm of than One in Essay, womanhood, and to be diligently shunned by the wary.

This making the best of themselves is Research a very different thing from making dress and globalisation singapore personal vanity the first considerations in life. Quality For Mike: Case Study Essay. Where women in general fail is in the exaggerations into Essay Evaluating the Limitations of Post-Traumatic, which they fall on this and on almost every other question. They are apt to be either demireps or devotees; frights or flirts; fashionable to an extent that lands them in illimitable folly and drags their husbands' names through the mire, or they are so dowdy that they disgrace a well-ordered drawing-room, and among nicely-dressed women stand out as living sermons on slovenliness. If they are clever, they are too commonly blue-stockings, and let the An Illustrative, whole household go by Divorce: a Home Essay, the board for the sake of their fruitless studies; and if they are domestic and good managers they sink into mere servants, never opening a book save their daily ledger, and having no thought beyond the cheesemonger's bill and Quality Essay the butcher's prices. They want that fine balance, that accurate self-measurement and knowledge of results, which goes by the name of common-sense and is the best manifestation of brains they can give, and the thing which men most prize.

It is the most valuable working form of intellectual power, and has most endurance and vitality; and on of Post-Traumatic it is the form which helps a man on in life, when he has found it in his wife, quite as much as money or a good connexion. So that, on the whole, brains are before beauty in the solid things of life. For admiration and personal love and youthful enjoyment, beauty of course is supreme; but as we cannot be always young nor always apt for pleasure, it is as well to provide for the days when the Research for Mike: Case Study, daughters of music shall be brought low and the years draw nigh which have no pleasure in monarchies them. Beauty and Brains is reprinted from The Girl of the Period and Other Social Essays . Eliza Lynn Linton. London: Richard Bentley Son, 1883.

Case Study | Better Evaluation

Buy Essay Papers Here -
Book Reviews - Taylor & Francis Online pdf

Nov 12, 2017 Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay, write my research paper for me -

How to Become a Writer: 3 Simple Steps. So you want to become a writer. Perhaps you write because it makes you feel alive. Perhaps you once read a book that made you think, “It must feel amazing to write something like this. Maybe I could be a writer.” Perhaps you feel like you can’t not write. So then, how do you do it? How do you become a writer? That’s me, Joe Bunting, and I’m a full-time writer. Photo by Carly Jean.

Several years ago I became a writer. Research For Mike:! I’m not talking about the moment when I quit my job to write full-time. That happened much later. No, I became a writer when I started writing . I still remember making the globalisation, decision to write and publish one article per Quality Research An Illustrative Case Essay, day on my blog. It wasn’t much, but this small habit was the beginning of my life as a writer. Since then, I’ve written four books and more than a thousand articles. I’ve been published in national magazines and became a bestselling author.

But that one decision changed my life. No one is born a writer. You must become a writer. In fact, you never cease becoming, because you never stop learning how to write. Even now, I am becoming a writer. And so are you. Below are the three best pieces of wisdom I’ve learned about how to the Limitations of Post-Traumatic Amnesia, become a writer. To read more about Research Essay becoming a writer, get full guide below. Really? Step number one is to behaviour at work, publish? Isn’t that backward?

It’s strange to begin a list of Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case, writing tips with a tip to publish. In fact, as I read books and articles about how to become a writer, most of them don’t even mention publishing. Divorce: One In Essay! They usually say, “Just Write!” However, writers write things other people read , and so the act of publishing is Research Case Study, essential to being a writer. If you want to become a writer, you need to get used to writing for others. You need to practice taking feedback and dealing with rejection. You also need to start earning some fans. You do this by publishing, publishing small and regularly. What is stopping you from printing out one of your writing pieces and giving it to a friend? Or publishing it online as a blog post or even a Facebook note?

Think of it as practice for when you publish with that big New York publisher. Public! (It could be a while, so you may have a lot of time to for Mike: Study Essay, practice!) 2. Essay Evaluating Of Post-Traumatic Amnesia! Set deadlines, or better, get someone else to set them for you (and then keep them) I love deadlines. I love the Quality Research An Illustrative, whooshing noise they make as they go by. —Douglas Adams, author. Deadlines are meant to induce stress. I know none of absolute monarchies, us really wants more stress in our lives (do you?), but most writers I know struggle with two things: discipline and focus. A good deadline helps with both. A little bit of stress focuses you. A good deadline can keep your butt in the chair and your fingers on the keys much better than “inspiration,” that fickle muse, ever could.

How, then, do you set good deadlines so they don’t whoosh by as they did for Research An Illustrative Case Study Essay, Mr. Globalisation! Adams? The best deadlines are set by others, by editors or freelance writing clients or even your fans. The most effective deadline I ever set was to write one article on my blog every day. Quality Case Essay! I did this while maintaining a full-time job. What made this deadline especially effective was the people holding me accountable were my readers, a small group at the beginning but eventually a large, clamoring audience.

When you know people are waiting for globalisation singapore, your writing, you become a much more disciplined writer. HINT : People are waiting for your writing. When are you going to for Mike: An Illustrative, give it to them? 3. Become acquainted with boredom, comfortable with writing-induced misery. At some point, I’ve wanted to than school, quit every major writing project I’ve ever worked on, and most writers I know have similar experiences.

When I was finishing my first book, I became so frustrated and hopeless with my writing that I knelt on the floor, put my face in my hands, and cried (a very macho, manly cry, of course). “I don’t want to do this anymore,” I thought. “I don’t want to write this book. Quality Study Essay! I don’t want to be a writer at all anymore. The Geneva Conventions And Modern War! I never want to for Mike: Case, feel this stupid again.” But after a little while, I got up, and I wrote a few more words. Absolute Monarchies! The next day, I wrote a few more. A month later, the book was finished and sent off to the editor. That moment on the floor was the turning point, the beginning of the Research for Mike: An Illustrative, end of is Better than One in Essay, writing my first book, and now I remember that moment every time writing is at its most frustrating and hopeless, and I know I’m nearly finished. Write through the mess. Write through poor grammar and awkward tense changes and switches in POV. Keep writing even when you know as you’ve known nothing else before that what you’re writing is worthless.

When you’re in Quality for Mike: Study the middle, good and bad are meaningless. Just keep writing. Some people will tell you it’s easy to become a writer. They’ll say, “Just write!” But if you’re like me, “just writing” isn’t enough for you. You want to write something important, something that touches people at their very core, something that changes the world. That’s not too much to ask, right? Writing like this is singapore, hard.

But of course, if it’s so important, it should be hard. Let’s do it together. It was strange getting published as the first step to being a writer, but it makes a lot of sense. Quality For Mike: Case! We have to globalisation, put ourselves out there; be willing to be vulnerable and Quality Research Case show what we can do. One of my goals for the upcoming year is to globalisation, submit more stories to journals and blogs. For Mike: Essay! There’s a blog I follow that posts short story and Two is Better than One in flash fiction contests.

As such, there are opportunities to get published and, at the same time, refine my craft. Thank you for sharing these steps. Research For Mike: Study Essay! It certainly takes discipline and dedication to be a writer. But the reward is worthwhile, even if it isn’t instantaneous. Indeed, George! It is absolutely worthwhile. And regarding publishing, I think we need to start looking at publishing differently. We need to stop looking for is homeschool than public, approval from some corporation in Quality Research Study New York (not that there’s anything wrong with them or they’re approval), and better start sharing our work through whatever means we have. Quality For Mike: Case Study Essay! It really is the best and better than fastest way to improve.

Being a “writer” is easy. It’s fun to get inspiration and drift away into meandering stories. It’s so easy to put words together when we know that no one else will ever read them. Sure there are times when writing is for my eyes only, but what you have said is so true and encouraging: writing is meant to be shared. Being a writer that shares her work is definitely something I’m not as comfortable with, but it’s an area that I want to Quality Case Essay, keep improving.

Oh! And thank you for the new e-book! I’m looking forward to reading it! For some reason, I don’t run into not wanting to Divorce: Two is Better than a Home, share, unless I truly think something I’ve written is terrible. I love to Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Study Essay, write, edit, and Essay on Amnesia share. It seems that most writers dislike some part of that process, but I enjoy all three of Quality An Illustrative Essay, them. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to stand next to something that you’ve created with two hands, and on of Post-Traumatic Amnesia say, “I made that!” It is usually more than the next guy can say. More over, it is probably inspiring to the next guy. Why not share it? You should be proud of Case, yourself.

Look how much time you spent actually doing something, as opposed to how many people came home from work and plopped down in Conventions front of the Essay, tube? James I can relate so much to your statement about absolute standing next to something you’ve created with your own two hands. Quality Essay! For me writing is like art work, you start with a blank canvas – your blank piece of paper- (or a mound of globalisation singapore, clay for a sculptor) and Quality for Mike: Case Essay create then when you edit you chip away words you don’t need as a sculptor chips away and smooths out sections of their finished piece. Two! It can be so rewarding- especially when the finish product is what we were aiming to create. That is so cool, James. Thank you for sharing that! Oh, I figured it was going to be: 2. Research For Mike: Case Study! Write some more. I could also go for:

I wanted to keep you on your toes, James. Absolute! Anyway, I think that post has already been written a few times. #128521; cried (a very macho, manly cry, of course). If there were tears it can’t be very macho. You might should use a better verb. #128539; Cry baby! #128512; I just need to FINISH my first novel, it’s at 150k and still not done.

It is quickly becoming the Quality Study Essay, never-ending story. Where the heck are the bounds of monarchies, Fantasia! I started a NaNoWriMo book and I’ve almost finished it. My second novel looks like it will be my first. Haha. Quality An Illustrative Case Study Essay! Real men cry, James.

150K is influence individual behaviour at work, a lot of words James! You should break it up and make it into a series. Congrats on An Illustrative Case Study Essay, winning NaNo! Joe thank you for this post, and the Limitations the e-book I was at that place last night as I was finishing a story ( with a deadline). For this assignment for class we had to for Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay, write a 1,000 word story and influence individual behaviour I could not first finish the story and second figure out Research for Mike: Case Essay how to write this piece so it not only mattered to The Geneva Conventions War Essay, me but also would matter and touch someone else as well. Sitting at my computer I had moments of saying” I quit, forget this, I don’t want to Quality Research An Illustrative Case Study Essay, write anymore”.

But another part of Amnesia, me wouldn’t give up- writing for me is like breathing, if I don’t do it I don’t exist, so I kept writing and eventually I did finish with 10 more words than allowed, but that can be fixed during editing. My final project became a cross between it’s a wonderful life and scrooge. My secret if it is a secret is to see and keep the Research Essay, end sentence in mind – And I did. Now on to the next project. Congratulations on finishing your story, Debra! If you’ve written seriously at all, you’ve been in that “I quit, forget this” place before. Of Post-Traumatic! Good job powering through (although for Case Study, me, wimpering through would be a better way to put it.) And great tip to absolute, keep the last sentence in mind! Thank you for sharing your heartfelt insights with us! Your post did make me smile because – in my opinion – the best article that I have ever written was titled: “Just Write”, and I wrote it while waiting for my husband to Essay, finish his racquetball session! My argument was simple: you can either wait forever for inspiration – and the ‘right’ setting – to which individual, write or JUST WRITE!

I get what you mean though. I do believe that writing SOMETHING is a prerequisite to creating meaningful work. If you never write, you will never evolve and can never offer any value. But even if your writing sucks (initially), just putting out for Mike: Study your words consistently will make a difference in the future. I have read some random ramblings that are far more empowering than structured posts written by the elite writers. So trust your passion and PUBLISH #128512; Thank you so much for making me think #128521; I absolutely agree with, Krithika. Better Than Public! Too many people believe the myth that you have to Research An Illustrative, wait for Essay the Limitations of Post-Traumatic Amnesia, inspiration to Case, write.

I hope you didn’t read this post as me disagreeing with you! Becoming a writer, to me, is an War, identity shift. We may be “writing,” whatever that looks like, but we still don’t feel like a writer. This post is about getting to Quality An Illustrative Case Study Essay, a place where you not only feel like a writer, you KNOW you are one at your core. I think publishing in The Geneva War Essay small ways is an important step. This is Research An Illustrative Case Study, SO COOL, Joe. Congratulations. Which Behaviour! The book is beautiful…you give great advice, and I look forward to seeing this new community unfolds. I’ve enjoyed writing since I was 7. Now I’m half a century old, and I’m still writing, but more seriously, and improving my craft by leaps and bounds.

I think I came to The Write Practice in 2011. I don’t contribute very often, but I’ve read every post. This blog is a big part of the above mentioned “improving my craft in leaps and bounds”. In 2011 I also started keeping a “goals” journal that stared with “write every day”. When I look back at my entries I see “I want to Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study, quit”, “why am I putting myself through.

this”, “I’m not good at this”, etc., sprinkled in factors which individual behaviour almost every other entry. And I almost did quit. But for some reason I didn’t (or maybe couldn’t). Fast forward to 2014, and my goal was to submit one work/quarter to a contest or writing website. An Illustrative Essay! I know, not much, but I’m a slow writer. Well guess what, one of my stories was published on the Every Day Fiction website (one was rejected), and better than public two weeks ago I submitted another story to a contest. In all, I submitted 5 stories this year. (1 over the goal!). And I write deliberately every day.

My journal entries are. so much more ebullient than they were 3 years ago. Research Case Study! I’m so glad I didn’t quit. Thank you Joe, and the Write Practice community for is homeschool school, helping me improve my craft and becoming a writer! I love this so much, Wanda. It’s amazing how much practice can change your life. It’s such a gift to see how far you, one of our earliest readers, have come. Quality Research Case Study! Thank you for sharing this with me, Wanda. #128578; LOVE THIS JOE!

I so needed this today. You have spoken to me in a way that has rekindled my fire and desire to write. Writing is a struggle for me but I know I will not quit till I’ve become, and keep becoming, a writer. Thanks so much for this post! Hint: You are a writer, Miriam! But someday, I think you could definitely be a professional writer, if that’s what you want. You’re on your way. Thanks for your comment. Thanks for this. The post was a nice pick-me-up as I’m trying to gather the courage to write my first short story (via your short story eBook).

I’m nervous as heck and I can’t seem to get over “planning” to write: bullet points, charts, lists, brainstorming session and I feel a lot more at ease with these than writing the first sentence. How can I just let go and The Geneva let the pen flow? Good luck with your short story, Harvey. I think planning is great but it can become a avoidance mechanism, a way to replace the fear of uncertainty (which is present in all writing) with busywork. Quality An Illustrative! Here’s what I think you should do: pick one part of Essay, your plan (your favorite bullet point, index card, chart, etc), and then trash the rest. Seriously.

Throw it away or delete it from your hard drive. Then start writing, and Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case if you need to, you can use your one piece of globalisation singapore, plan for help. But you’ll be free to be imperfect and uncertain, and most of all, free to have fun! I have a “mini” blog and have written letters to editors on a few subjects over a 30-year period, but I want to do memoir writing (lots of Quality An Illustrative Case Study Essay, stories to tell), but lack confidence. I recently finished my first piece (2,000 words) and which influence behaviour at work am submitting it for possible publication in Quality Research An Illustrative Case Study a literary magazine. Factors Influence Individual Behaviour At Work! I hope it’s the Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case, beginning of a chapter, then a book. What a timely post. I wanted to give up this morning. It’s my editor’s birthday, and someone asked her clients to contribute pithy phrases from The Geneva and Modern Essay her editing so they could be organized into a poem.

I found some funny ones from the Research for Mike: Study, first draft–but they were all negative. “This book has the potential to whisk readers away to than public school, another time in another place. But it doesn’t.” Or, “He’s an old warrior, not an Quality Case Essay, old fart.” Or, the globalisation, worst, “Her son is An Illustrative Case Essay, dying. Why would she give a shit about Amnesia your protagonist?” And I said to Quality Study, myself, Yeah, really. Why would anyone? So I’ll put it down, like you said, and and Modern Essay see if my interest resurges tomorrow. Honestly, it sounds like you need a new editor Nancy! I’m all for Quality Research An Illustrative Case, giving tough feedback but only better than school, if it’s slotted between encouragement.

Maybe your editor is doing that but it doesn’t sound like it. Quality For Mike: Study! Don’t give up! So you are right again. Today I’ll pick up my pen and set a new goal: to make sure someone gives a shit about my protagonist! I just want to become a writer because I need to absolute, put all the imagination out of for Mike: Essay, my mind. Write to expurge sadness, feelings, dreams and finally feel better with myself. I am from globalisation Brazil and being a writer here is difficult. I have read all the articles and i purchased your book to learn how can I be a writer.

I just want to write in english, because I know I will have more chance. Next week I will post my first short story here. I have no problem to Research, be criticize. All I want to do is becoming a writer. Thanks Joe for your support. I put a number of these blog posts away for a rainy day. (Saved them ‘unread’, in public school an email folder)

I read this one today and it resonated big time with my writing at Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay, present. Absolute! Through reading and doing 15 minute writing practice on Quality Research, here and replying to yet another blog, I have begun to put my writing out there for which influence at work, others to read, and Quality Case my writing self us grown at the same time. I agree wholeheartedly that deadlines are good and a needed part of my writing. I began with Nanowrimo two years ago. I didn’t make my goal of 50,000 words but it got me started.

Last year I made it and continued to write. When the War, short story contest email came in I decided to Quality Essay, join in and once there I found the critique, camaraderie and globalisation all round general support was where I wanted to for Mike: Study Essay, be. And Modern Essay! Every Friday post is for Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay, great, posted my first last week, and I am collecting posts for individual behaviour at work, a writing blog of Research An Illustrative Case Study Essay, my own. Globalisation Singapore! I plan to start publishing them when I have a few to spare, though likely not the Research for Mike: An Illustrative Study, best idea, it is in my comfort zone at present. I’m currently writing a travel blog which I have lots of friends eagerly awaiting each day (or so they tell me), so writing each day is becoming easier to do; I have lots of incentive. I even have an idea for Nanowrimo this year which will provide yet another deadline. To being a person m very great full to u that u share your thought with us but by dyeing hart I really will became a writer I wish u always encourage those people who loved writ…. Hi Joe! I don’t know if you’re going to read this because it has been two years since the last comment, but anyway, I just want to tell you “Thank you for this article”, it made me feel a little of confidence about The Geneva War starting my life as a writer. Research For Mike: An Illustrative Case! It’s not I haven’t felt secure about it, it’s just that while I was reading your article I was thinking “He’s right, I feel the same way, if he could make it I will too.” I have to admit it, I usually (if not always) get into panic in front of my computer when it’s the globalisation, moment to clic on Quality Research An Illustrative Essay, the “publish” button.

Actually, I thought the last step of the process “becoming a writer” was *publishing*, but I think you’re right, no matter what you’re writting, or if you think it would be better… DON’T WAIT, JUST PUBLISH IT, if it would be better, it will get better while you’re in the path of becoming a writer. So often I start writing and then feel that what I’ve written isn’t good enough. I have so much to say and convey, but when I start to get it all down on paper. it just doesn’t seem to convey what I’m thinking in my head. But I love reading and writing, always have. I want to tell a story that no one. else can tell. So I preserver. thanks for the opportunity to vent . Came back here after the email reminder about giving feedback.Thank you :). I have published in academic journals, blog, and on FB. I have yet to cry because of writing induced stress, mainly due to a flexible approach to deadlines. I write because I love too, I have tried to build audience for my timid writing in blog and FB, but I seem to Two than One in a Home, lack feedback.

I am in Research for Mike: An Illustrative Study Essay absolute joy to have found this site and better school the owner who’s ‘forcing’ me to write #128578; English is my second language, so forgive my grammar oversights. Thank you. …”If I hadn’t grown up on for Mike: Case Study, Latin and Greek, I doubt if I would know so well. how to draw the The Geneva War Essay, very subtle line between what I call a vernacular style. and what I should call an illiterate or faux naif style. There’s a hell.

of a lot of difference, to my mind.” precisamente esse.

Write my essay, paper -
Using Interpretive Qualitative Case Studies for… pdf

Nov 12, 2017 Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay, order essay paper from #1 paper writing service for students -

The Application of Case Study Evaluations - Practical… pdf

Transcript: Barack Obama's Speech on Race. Click to view mentions of key words in An Illustrative Obama's speech. hide caption. The number of times Obama used these key words in is homeschool better school his March 18 speech on Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case race in Philadelphia. The following is a transcript of the Divorce: Two than One in a Home remarks of Democratic Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, delivered March 18, 2008, in Philadelphia at the Constitution Center. In it, Obama addresses the role race has played in the presidential campaign. He also responds to criticism of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, an unpaid campaign adviser and pastor at Obama's Chicago church. Wright has made inflammatory remarks about the Quality Research Case United States and has accused the country of bringing on the Sept.

11 attacks by spreading terrorism. We the people, in order to form a more perfect union . — 221 years ago, in a hall that still stands across the street, a group of men gathered and, with these simple words, launched America's improbable experiment in democracy. Farmers and scholars, statesmen and patriots who had traveled across an ocean to escape tyranny and persecution finally made real their declaration of Essay on the Limitations, independence at a Philadelphia convention that lasted through the spring of 1787. The document they produced was eventually signed but ultimately unfinished. It was stained by Study this nation's original sin of slavery, a question that divided the colonies and brought the convention to a stalemate until the founders chose to allow the slave trade to continue for at least 20 more years, and to leave any final resolution to future generations. Of course, the answer to the slavery question was already embedded within our Constitution — a Constitution that had at Divorce: One in, its very core the ideal of equal citizenship under the law; a Constitution that promised its people liberty and justice and a union that could be and should be perfected over time.

And yet words on a parchment would not be enough to deliver slaves from bondage, or provide men and women of every color and creed their full rights and Quality for Mike: Study obligations as citizens of the United States. What would be needed were Americans in successive generations who were willing to do their part — through protests and struggles, on the streets and in globalisation singapore the courts, through a civil war and Quality Case Study civil disobedience, and Essay always at Quality An Illustrative Case Study Essay, great risk — to narrow that gap between the promise of absolute, our ideals and the reality of their time. This was one of the Quality Research for Mike: Essay tasks we set forth at the beginning of this presidential campaign — to continue the long march of those who came before us, a march for a more just, more equal, more free, more caring and more prosperous America. I chose to behaviour at work, run for president at this moment in history because I believe deeply that we cannot solve the challenges of our time unless we solve them together, unless we perfect our union by understanding that we may have different stories, but we hold common hopes; that we may not look the Quality An Illustrative Case Study Essay same and monarchies we may not have come from the same place, but we all want to move in the same direction — toward a better future for our children and our grandchildren. This belief comes from my unyielding faith in Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study the decency and generosity of the American people. But it also comes from my own story. I am the son of a black man from Kenya and a white woman from Kansas. I was raised with the help of a white grandfather who survived a Depression to serve in Patton's Army during World War II and a white grandmother who worked on a bomber assembly line at Fort Leavenworth while he was overseas.

I've gone to globalisation, some of the best schools in America and lived in Quality Research Study one of the Essay Evaluating the Limitations of Post-Traumatic world's poorest nations. I am married to a black American who carries within her the blood of slaves and slaveowners — an Research An Illustrative Study Essay, inheritance we pass on to our two precious daughters. I have brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, uncles and Evaluating cousins of every race and Quality Research for Mike: Case every hue, scattered across three continents, and for as long as I live, I will never forget that in no other country on Divorce: Two than One in a Home Earth is Quality Research for Mike: Study my story even possible. It's a story that hasn't made me the most conventional of candidates. But it is a story that has seared into my genetic makeup the idea that this nation is than more than the sum of its parts — that out of many, we are truly one. Throughout the first year of this campaign, against all predictions to the contrary, we saw how hungry the American people were for Research An Illustrative Study this message of unity. Conventions And Modern War Essay! Despite the temptation to view my candidacy through a purely racial lens, we won commanding victories in states with some of the Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Essay whitest populations in the country. In South Carolina, where the Confederate flag still flies, we built a powerful coalition of African-Americans and Evaluating the Limitations Amnesia white Americans.

This is Quality An Illustrative Study not to say that race has not been an issue in this campaign. At various stages in the campaign, some commentators have deemed me either too black or not black enough. We saw racial tensions bubble to the surface during the week before the South Carolina primary. The press has scoured every single exit poll for the latest evidence of racial polarization, not just in terms of War Essay, white and black, but black and brown as well. And yet, it has only Research for Mike: Study Essay, been in the last couple of is homeschool than, weeks that the discussion of Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case, race in this campaign has taken a particularly divisive turn. On one end of the spectrum, we've heard the implication that my candidacy is The Geneva Conventions War Essay somehow an exercise in affirmative action; that it's based solely on the desire of Quality Research Essay, wide-eyed liberals to purchase racial reconciliation on the cheap. On the monarchies other end, we've heard my former pastor, Jeremiah Wright, use incendiary language to express views that have the potential not only to Quality An Illustrative Essay, widen the racial divide, but views that denigrate both the greatness and the goodness of our nation, and that rightly offend white and black alike. I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy and, in some cases, pain. For some, nagging questions remain.

Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in the church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely — just as I'm sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed. But the remarks that have caused this recent firestorm weren't simply controversial. They weren't simply a religious leader's efforts to Divorce: Two is Better than Essay, speak out against perceived injustice.

Instead, they expressed a profoundly distorted view of this country — a view that sees white racism as endemic, and for Mike: Case that elevates what is wrong with America above all that we know is right with America; a view that sees the conflicts in the Middle East as rooted primarily in absolute the actions of stalwart allies like Israel, instead of emanating from the perverse and hateful ideologies of radical Islam. As such, Reverend Wright's comments were not only wrong but divisive, divisive at a time when we need unity; racially charged at a time when we need to come together to solve a set of Research Case Essay, monumental problems — two wars, a terrorist threat, a falling economy, a chronic health care crisis and potentially devastating climate change — problems that are neither black or white or Latino or Asian, but rather problems that confront us all. Given my background, my politics, and my professed values and factors influence individual behaviour ideals, there will no doubt be those for Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay whom my statements of condemnation are not enough. Why associate myself with Reverend Wright in the first place, they may ask? Why not join another church? And I confess that if all that I knew of The Geneva, Reverend Wright were the snippets of those sermons that have run in an endless loop on the television sets and YouTube, or if Trinity United Church of Christ conformed to Research An Illustrative, the caricatures being peddled by some commentators, there is no doubt that I would react in much the same way. But the truth is, that isn't all that I know of the man. The man I met more than 20 years ago is a man who helped introduce me to my Christian faith, a man who spoke to me about our obligations to love one another, to care for the sick and singapore lift up the poor. He is a man who served his country as a United States Marine; who has studied and lectured at some of the finest universities and seminaries in the country, and who for over 30 years has led a church that serves the community by doing God's work here on Earth — by An Illustrative Essay housing the homeless, ministering to the needy, providing day care services and scholarships and prison ministries, and reaching out to those suffering from singapore HIV/AIDS. In my first book, Dreams From My Father , I describe the experience of my first service at Trinity: People began to shout, to rise from their seats and clap and Research Case cry out, a forceful wind carrying the globalisation singapore reverend's voice up into the rafters.

And in Quality Case Study that single note — hope! — I heard something else: At the foot of that cross, inside the thousands of churches across the city, I imagined the singapore stories of ordinary black people merging with the stories of David and Goliath, Moses and Pharaoh, the Research Essay Christians in the lion's den, Ezekiel's field of dry bones. Those stories — of globalisation, survival and freedom and Quality An Illustrative Essay hope — became our stories, my story. The blood that spilled was our blood, the monarchies tears our tears, until this black church, on this bright day, seemed once more a vessel carrying the story of a people into future generations and into a larger world. Quality An Illustrative Case! Our trials and triumphs became at once unique and universal, black and more than black. In chronicling our journey, the stories and songs gave us a meaning to reclaim memories that we didn't need to feel shame about — memories that all people might study and cherish, and with which we could start to rebuild. That has been my experience at Trinity.

Like other predominantly black churches across the country, Trinity embodies the black community in its entirety — the doctor and the welfare mom, the model student and the former gang-banger. On Evaluating Amnesia! Like other black churches, Trinity's services are full of raucous laughter and sometimes bawdy humor. They are full of dancing and clapping and screaming and shouting that may seem jarring to the untrained ear. The church contains in full the kindness and cruelty, the fierce intelligence and the shocking ignorance, the struggles and successes, the love and, yes, the bitterness and biases that make up the black experience in Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Essay America. And this helps explain, perhaps, my relationship with Reverend Wright. Divorce: Essay! As imperfect as he may be, he has been like family to me. He strengthened my faith, officiated my wedding, and baptized my children. Not once in my conversations with him have I heard him talk about any ethnic group in derogatory terms, or treat whites with whom he interacted with anything but courtesy and Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay respect.

He contains within him the contradictions — the good and the bad — of the community that he has served diligently for so many years. I can no more disown him than I can disown the school black community. I can no more disown him than I can disown my white grandmother — a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed her by on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe. These people are a part of me. For Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay! And they are part of America, this country that I love. Some will see this as an attempt to justify or excuse comments that are simply inexcusable. I can assure you it is not.

I suppose the politically safe thing to Divorce: Two is Better than Essay, do would be to move on from this episode and just hope that it fades into Quality Research for Mike: Study Essay, the woodwork. We can dismiss Reverend Wright as a crank or a demagogue, just as some have dismissed Geraldine Ferraro, in the aftermath of factors influence behaviour at work, her recent statements, as harboring some deep-seated bias. But race is an issue that I believe this nation cannot afford to ignore right now. We would be making the Quality Research for Mike: Study Essay same mistake that Reverend Wright made in his offending sermons about America — to simplify and stereotype and amplify the negative to the point that it distorts reality. The fact is that the on the Limitations of Post-Traumatic Amnesia comments that have been made and the issues that have surfaced over the last few weeks reflect the complexities of race in this country that we've never really worked through — a part of our union that we have not yet made perfect. And if we walk away now, if we simply retreat into our respective corners, we will never be able to come together and solve challenges like health care or education or the need to find good jobs for every American.

Understanding this reality requires a reminder of Case, how we arrived at factors which at work, this point. As William Faulkner once wrote, The past isn't dead and buried. In fact, it isn't even past. We do not need to Quality Research An Illustrative Case, recite here the history of monarchies, racial injustice in this country. But we do need to remind ourselves that so many of the disparities that exist between the African-American community and the larger American community today can be traced directly to inequalities passed on from an earlier generation that suffered under the brutal legacy of Case, slavery and Jim Crow. Segregated schools were and are inferior schools; we still haven't fixed them, 50 years after Brown v. Board of Education. And the inferior education they provided, then and now, helps explain the pervasive achievement gap between today's black and white students. Legalized discrimination — where blacks were prevented, often through violence, from owning property, or loans were not granted to African-American business owners, or black homeowners could not access FHA mortgages, or blacks were excluded from unions or the police force or the fire department — meant that black families could not amass any meaningful wealth to bequeath to the Limitations, future generations. That history helps explain the Quality for Mike: Study wealth and income gap between blacks and whites, and on Evaluating the Limitations Amnesia the concentrated pockets of poverty that persist in so many of today's urban and rural communities. A lack of economic opportunity among black men, and the shame and frustration that came from not being able to provide for one's family contributed to the erosion of Research Study Essay, black families — a problem that welfare policies for many years may have worsened. And the lack of basic services in so many urban black neighborhoods — parks for kids to play in, police walking the beat, regular garbage pickup, building code enforcement — all helped create a cycle of violence, blight and neglect that continues to Divorce: Two than One in Essay, haunt us.

This is the Quality Research An Illustrative Case Study Essay reality in which Reverend Wright and other African-Americans of globalisation, his generation grew up. They came of age in the late '50s and early '60s, a time when segregation was still the law of the land and opportunity was systematically constricted. What's remarkable is not how many failed in the face of discrimination, but how many men and Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Essay women overcame the a Home odds; how many were able to make a way out of no way, for those like me who would come after them. For all those who scratched and for Mike: Case clawed their way to singapore, get a piece of the American Dream, there were many who didn't make it — those who were ultimately defeated, in one way or another, by discrimination. Research An Illustrative Case Study! That legacy of defeat was passed on to future generations — those young men and, increasingly, young women who we see standing on street corners or languishing in our prisons, without hope or prospects for the future. Even for globalisation those blacks who did make it, questions of race and Quality Research Case racism continue to define their worldview in fundamental ways. For the and Modern War men and women of Reverend Wright's generation, the memories of humiliation and doubt and fear have not gone away; nor has the Quality anger and the bitterness of those years. That anger may not get expressed in public, in front of white co-workers or white friends. But it does find voice in the barbershop or the beauty shop or around the kitchen table.

At times, that anger is exploited by politicians, to gin up votes along racial lines, or to make up for a politician's own failings. And occasionally it finds voice in the church on Sunday morning, in the pulpit and in the pews. The fact that so many people are surprised to hear that anger in some of Reverend Wright's sermons simply reminds us of the old truism that the most segregated hour of American life occurs on Sunday morning. That anger is better public not always productive; indeed, all too often it distracts attention from solving real problems; it keeps us from squarely facing our own complicity within the African-American community in our condition, and prevents the Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case African-American community from forging the globalisation singapore alliances it needs to bring about Quality Research Case Essay, real change. But the anger is real; it is powerful. And to simply wish it away, to condemn it without understanding its roots, only serves to widen the chasm of better than school, misunderstanding that exists between the races.

In fact, a similar anger exists within segments of the white community. Study! Most working- and factors which individual behaviour at work middle-class white Americans don't feel that they have been particularly privileged by their race. Their experience is the immigrant experience — as far as they're concerned, no one handed them anything. They built it from scratch. They've worked hard all their lives, many times only to see their jobs shipped overseas or their pensions dumped after a lifetime of Quality for Mike: Study Essay, labor. They are anxious about their futures, and they feel their dreams slipping away. Influence Individual! And in an era of stagnant wages and global competition, opportunity comes to be seen as a zero sum game, in which your dreams come at Quality Research for Mike: Study Essay, my expense. So when they are told to globalisation, bus their children to Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay, a school across town; when they hear an African-American is globalisation getting an advantage in Quality An Illustrative Case Study Essay landing a good job or a spot in a good college because of an monarchies, injustice that they themselves never committed; when they're told that their fears about crime in Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Study Essay urban neighborhoods are somehow prejudiced, resentment builds over The Geneva Conventions and Modern, time. Like the anger within the black community, these resentments aren't always expressed in Quality An Illustrative Study Essay polite company. But they have helped shape the political landscape for at least a generation.

Anger over welfare and affirmative action helped forge the Reagan Coalition. On The Limitations! Politicians routinely exploited fears of crime for their own electoral ends. Talk show hosts and conservative commentators built entire careers unmasking bogus claims of racism while dismissing legitimate discussions of racial injustice and inequality as mere political correctness or reverse racism. Just as black anger often proved counterproductive, so have these white resentments distracted attention from the real culprits of the middle class squeeze — a corporate culture rife with inside dealing, questionable accounting practices and Quality Research for Mike: Case Study short-term greed; a Washington dominated by lobbyists and special interests; economic policies that favor the few over the many. And yet, to wish away the which individual behaviour resentments of white Americans, to label them as misguided or even racist, without recognizing they are grounded in legitimate concerns — this too widens the racial divide and blocks the path to understanding. This is where we are right now. It's a racial stalemate we've been stuck in for years. Contrary to the claims of some of my critics, black and white, I have never been so naive as to believe that we can get beyond our racial divisions in a single election cycle, or with a single candidacy — particularly a candidacy as imperfect as my own. But I have asserted a firm conviction — a conviction rooted in my faith in God and my faith in the American people — that, working together, we can move beyond some of our old racial wounds, and that in fact we have no choice if we are to continue on the path of a more perfect union. For the African-American community, that path means embracing the burdens of our past without becoming victims of our past. It means continuing to insist on a full measure of justice in every aspect of American life.

But it also means binding our particular grievances — for Quality for Mike: Case Study better health care and better schools and better jobs — to Divorce: Two is Better One in a Home Essay, the larger aspirations of all Americans: the white woman struggling to Quality for Mike: Case Study, break the glass ceiling, the white man who has been laid off, the immigrant trying to individual behaviour, feed his family. Quality Research For Mike: Case Essay! And it means taking full responsibility for our own lives — by Divorce: a Home Essay demanding more from Research for Mike: Case Essay our fathers, and Essay Evaluating the Limitations of Post-Traumatic spending more time with our children, and Quality An Illustrative Case Essay reading to Conventions and Modern, them, and teaching them that while they may face challenges and discrimination in their own lives, they must never succumb to Quality Research An Illustrative Case Study Essay, despair or cynicism; they must always believe that they can write their own destiny. Ironically, this quintessentially American — and yes, conservative — notion of self-help found frequent expression in Reverend Wright's sermons. But what my former pastor too often failed to understand is that embarking on a program of Two is Better than One in, self-help also requires a belief that society can change. The profound mistake of Reverend Wright's sermons is not that he spoke about racism in our society. It's that he spoke as if our society was static; as if no progress had been made; as if this country — a country that has made it possible for Quality Research for Mike: Study Essay one of absolute monarchies, his own members to run for the highest office in the land and build a coalition of Case Study, white and black, Latino and Asian, rich and poor, young and absolute old — is still irrevocably bound to a tragic past. But what we know — what we have seen — is that America can change. Case Study Essay! That is the true genius of this nation. Is Homeschool Better Than! What we have already achieved gives us hope — the audacity to Quality An Illustrative Case Essay, hope — for what we can and must achieve tomorrow. In the white community, the path to a more perfect union means acknowledging that what ails the African-American community does not just exist in the minds of black people; that the legacy of discrimination — and factors influence behaviour current incidents of discrimination, while less overt than in the past — are real and must be addressed, not just with words, but with deeds, by investing in our schools and for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay our communities; by monarchies enforcing our civil rights laws and ensuring fairness in our criminal justice system; by providing this generation with ladders of opportunity that were unavailable for Research Case Study previous generations. Absolute! It requires all Americans to realize that your dreams do not have to Quality An Illustrative Case Essay, come at the expense of my dreams; that investing in the health, welfare and education of black and brown and white children will ultimately help all of America prosper.

In the end, then, what is called for is nothing more and globalisation nothing less than what all the world's great religions demand — that we do unto others as we would have them do unto us. Let us be our brother's keeper, scripture tells us. Case Essay! Let us be our sister's keeper. Let us find that common stake we all have in one another, and let our politics reflect that spirit as well. For we have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division and is Better One in Essay conflict and cynicism. We can tackle race only as spectacle — as we did in the O.J. Research For Mike: Study Essay! trial — or in the wake of singapore, tragedy — as we did in the aftermath of Katrina — or as fodder for the nightly news.

We can play Reverend Wright's sermons on every channel, every day and talk about them from now until the election, and make the only question in this campaign whether or not the American people think that I somehow believe or sympathize with his most offensive words. We can pounce on some gaffe by a Hillary supporter as evidence that she's playing the Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study race card, or we can speculate on whether white men will all flock to John McCain in the general election regardless of on Evaluating of Post-Traumatic Amnesia, his policies. But if we do, I can tell you that in the next election, we'll be talking about some other distraction. And then another one. And then another one.

And nothing will change. That is Quality Research Essay one option. Or, at this moment, in this election, we can come together and say, Not this time. This time, we want to talk about the crumbling schools that are stealing the at work future of black children and white children and Asian children and Hispanic children and Native American children. This time, we want to reject the cynicism that tells us that these kids can't learn; that those kids who don't look like us are somebody else's problem. The children of America are not those kids, they are our kids, and Quality An Illustrative Case Study we will not let them fall behind in a 21st century economy. Not this time. This time we want to is homeschool public, talk about how the Quality for Mike: Essay lines in the emergency room are filled with whites and blacks and Hispanics who do not have health care, who don't have the power on Divorce: than Essay their own to overcome the special interests in Washington, but who can take them on Quality Research An Illustrative Case Study Essay if we do it together. This time, we want to talk about the shuttered mills that once provided a decent life for men and women of factors influence individual behaviour at work, every race, and the homes for sale that once belonged to Quality Research An Illustrative Case, Americans from every religion, every region, every walk of life. This time, we want to talk about the fact that the real problem is not that someone who doesn't look like you might take your job; it's that the corporation you work for will ship it overseas for nothing more than a profit. This time, we want to talk about the men and women of every color and creed who serve together and factors influence behaviour fight together and Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Essay bleed together under the same proud flag.

We want to talk about how to Essay on Evaluating the Limitations, bring them home from a war that should have never been authorized and should have never been waged. And we want to talk about how we'll show our patriotism by caring for for Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay them and their families, and giving them the Essay the Limitations of Post-Traumatic benefits that they have earned. I would not be running for President if I didn't believe with all my heart that this is what the vast majority of Americans want for this country. This union may never be perfect, but generation after generation has shown that it can always be perfected. And today, whenever I find myself feeling doubtful or cynical about this possibility, what gives me the most hope is the next generation — the Research for Mike: Case Study young people whose attitudes and beliefs and openness to Amnesia, change have already made history in this election. There is Research An Illustrative Case one story in particularly that I'd like to globalisation singapore, leave you with today — a story I told when I had the great honor of Quality for Mike: Case, speaking on Dr.

King's birthday at is Better, his home church, Ebenezer Baptist, in Atlanta. There is a young, 23-year-old white woman named Ashley Baia who organized for our campaign in Florence, S.C. She had been working to organize a mostly African-American community since the beginning of this campaign, and one day she was at a roundtable discussion where everyone went around telling their story and why they were there. And Ashley said that when she was 9 years old, her mother got cancer. And because she had to miss days of work, she was let go and lost her health care. They had to Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study, file for bankruptcy, and that's when Ashley decided that she had to is homeschool public, do something to Quality Research Essay, help her mom. She knew that food was one of their most expensive costs, and so Ashley convinced her mother that what she really liked and really wanted to eat more than anything else was mustard and monarchies relish sandwiches — because that was the cheapest way to for Mike: Study Essay, eat.

That's the mind of a 9-year-old. She did this for a year until her mom got better. So she told everyone at globalisation singapore, the roundtable that the reason she joined our campaign was so that she could help the millions of other children in the country who want and need to help their parents, too. Now, Ashley might have made a different choice. Quality For Mike: Case Essay! Perhaps somebody told her along the way that the singapore source of her mother's problems were blacks who were on Quality Research Study Essay welfare and too lazy to work, or Hispanics who were coming into the country illegally. Factors Which Influence Individual At Work! But she didn't. She sought out allies in Quality Research for Mike: Essay her fight against injustice. Anyway, Ashley finishes her story and then goes around the room and is homeschool than asks everyone else why they're supporting the campaign.

They all have different stories and different reasons. Many bring up a specific issue. And finally they come to Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative, this elderly black man who's been sitting there quietly the entire time. And Ashley asks him why he's there. And he does not bring up a specific issue. He does not say health care or the globalisation singapore economy. He does not say education or the Essay war. He does not say that he was there because of Barack Obama. He simply says to everyone in the room, I am here because of Ashley. I'm here because of Ashley. By itself, that single moment of recognition between that young white girl and that old black man is not enough.

It is not enough to give health care to the sick, or jobs to the jobless, or education to our children. But it is where we start. It is absolute where our union grows stronger. And as so many generations have come to realize over the course of the 221 years since a band of patriots signed that document right here in Philadelphia, that is where the perfection begins.

Order Essays Online: No Plagiarism And Top Quality -

Nov 12, 2017 Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay, custom essay order -

Quality Assurance Case Study Essay - 1009 Words |…

Difference Between Would and Will. In English there is a significant difference between the uses of would and will. Knowing when to use the terms correctly is an important part of mastering the English language. Quality Research Case Study. Will and would are both types of auxiliary verbs that are known as modal verbs. Other modal verbs include: could, shall, might, may, can, ought to and must. Modal verbs don#8217;t really have any meaning on their own, but act as helpers to give further meaning to other verbs. Will is a definite statement, which means that you use it when you are certain that the future action is going to Essay on Evaluating of Post-Traumatic Amnesia, take place. For example: #8216;I will go and collect the mail in the morning#8217;. When you use will you or the subject executing the future action is Research for Mike: Essay committed to it being carried out. The modal verb will can be used to talk about quick decisions, promises, offers and a likely prediction. Absolute Monarchies. For example: #8216;I think I will take the bus instead of walking.#8217; instant decision; #8216;I#8217;ll get the dog washed tomorrow.#8217; promise; #8216;I will help you with your homework after dinner.#8217; offers and Quality Research for Mike: Essay #8216;I#8217;ll bet she spent a lot of money on that dress.#8217; likely predictions.

Will is also used as a first conditional, which is The Geneva and Modern War used for cause and effect in situations that are not changeable. For example: #8216;If it rains, you will get wet,#8217; or #8216;If you are late to Research Case Essay, work, you will get in trouble.#8217; Would is an better public English modal verb and has many different uses, which include: invitations, requests, asking permission, talking about preferences and Research An Illustrative Study making arrangements. For example: #8216;Would you like to come to the party on Saturday?#8217; is an The Geneva War invitation; #8216;Would you be able to post this parcel for me?#8217; is a request; #8216;Would I be able to leave early today?#8217; is asking permission; #8216;Would you like steak or chicken for Case Study, dinner?#8217; or #8216;I would prefer to eat ice cream#8217; are both examples of talking about preferences and #8216;Would Friday at a Home 8pm suit you?#8217; or #8216;Saturday at 6pm would suit me.#8217; are ways to make arrangements using would. Would is also used in second and Quality Research for Mike: Study Essay third conditional statements, which are used to talk about The Geneva Essay, imaginary or unlikely situations. For example: #8216;If I knew where he lived, I would visit him,#8217; Is a second conditional statement. Quality Research For Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay. An example of a third conditional statement is thus: #8216;If I had known about the factors which individual party earlier, I would have gone.#8217; This is used to express an imaginary situation that took place in the past. 1.Would and will are both auxiliary modal verbs. 2.Will is used to talk about definite future actions. Quality Study. 3.Will is used to factors which individual behaviour at work, talk about: quick decisions, promises, offers and a likely prediction. 4.Would is for Mike: Case Study Essay used to talk about: invitations, requests, asking permission, talking about preferences and making arrangements. Both will and factors which would can be used in conditional statements.

Email This Post : If you like this article or our site. Please spread the word. Share it with your friends/family. Research For Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay. Rachel. Globalisation. Difference Between Would and Will. DifferenceBetween.net. June 8, 2016 . The definitions provided were helpful. However, I have an additional question regarding the usage of would or will. Which sentence is correct in responding to the question #8220;Would you recommend this book to others?#8221; Response: I will recommend this book to others or I would recommend this book to others and for Mike: Study Essay why.

Both are correct depending on what you are trying to say: If the question is: “Would you recommend this book to others?” (i.e please can you pass on Divorce: than One in a Home the message and Research for Mike: An Illustrative Study recommend this to others members of a group) the response would be #8220;I will#8230;#8221; If however the than public school question is: “Would you recommend this book to others?” (i.e did you like this book and if having a general chat about Quality for Mike: Case, books at some time in the future would you mention it) the Essay response would be #8220;I would#8221;. It depends on how certain it is that you are going to do the thing. Here is a difference between #8220;will#8221; #8220;would#8221; #8230;that we were talking of#8230;! Both responses would be correct, however the norm is to Quality An Illustrative Essay, use #8216;would#8217;. I will denotes a strong feeling of is Better than, excitement that you are definitely going to Quality for Mike: Case, recommend the book because you enjoyed it that much. I would is more of a statement, if someone asks you then you would recommend the book. Is Homeschool Public School. #8216;Will#8217; is also used as stated above, a kind of promise in a way. Both are correct but I would find myself using I would instead of I will. I hope this helps. Quality For Mike: Case Study. would u please tell me the diffrencesusages of Getmake? hmm.. eow srinu#8230;. Conventions And Modern War Essay. ur sentence is Quality for Mike: Study right but not appropriate wen it comes in using words#8230; use could instead of which individual behaviour, would#8230;.

Yes, #8216;could#8217; it#8217;s a sign of not commanding, i.e. Respect#8230; Hello there,i do not agree that #8221;will#8221; is a definite statement.What if my sentence is #8216;Will you marry me?#8217;How would that be a definite statement?Please specify. Denzel, #8220;will you marry me?#8221; I believe is an offer so it should be correct. Research Case Essay. I think #8220;will you marry me?#8221; is correct. The Geneva Conventions. but I think #8220;would you marry me?#8221; is more appropriate since this line is more of an invitation. Case Study. just a thought. i think #8220;will#8221;#8221; is more appropriate because it requires a quick decision though it#8217;s an invitation. The quick ans dont depent on me #8230; its depends on her .. Absolute Monarchies. so there is no point of quick ans .. she can tell u later ..so would vl be correct. yes, #8220;Will you marry me?#8221; is correct because you#8217;re asking for a commitment. #8220;Would you marry me?#8221; is technically correct, but that#8217;s implying it#8217;s a hypothetical question. e.g #8220;Would you marry me #8212; if I were to seriously ask you?#8221; It#8217;s a definite question though. It#8217;s not like if the person is asking, #8216;If I were to tell you that I used to be married, would you marry me?#8217; So you use: would you marry me ? can you give the difference between will and Quality Research An Illustrative Essay would in tabular form or serial number wise. Because it is absolute monarchies very easy to understand the difference in these two case. plz help me which one is correct, #8220;We hope that everything will be alright?#8221; or #8220;We hope that everything would be alright?#8221; Both sentences are correct.

The first one indicates sureness or something certain is Quality Study Essay going to monarchies, happen while the second line is a statement of one#8217;s expectations of the future. only the Study first is correct. If you are uncertain enough to use would, you must also use the past tense of hope. #8220;We hoped everything would be okay#8221; There is still a lot of factors influence individual at work, confusion in this forum, when it comes to conditional sentences. ie: I will be coming to visit (no conditions certain) I will be coming to visit if it doesn#8217;t rain (conditions, but with real chances of them being met) I would come visit if I had the Research An Illustrative Case money (conditions will not likely be met) I would be coming to globalisation singapore, visit if I hadn#8217;t wrecked my car. (we already know conditions can not be met) Hope this helps. Wow. It#8217;s so helpful that I#8217;m very happy. An Illustrative Study. Because I#8217;m suffering from this problem seriously for a long time. Very very very thanks! You stated this as an example: aˆ?If I had know about the party earlier, I would have gone.aˆ? I think the correct grammar is: aˆ?If I had KNOWN about the of Post-Traumatic party earlier, I would have gone.aˆ? Nice information about Quality for Mike: Case Essay, will vs. would on this page, though. Amassing. Is Homeschool Public. Really good to be cleared on this. it helps me alot #128521; thank you guys. because i was having hard time with these two words. still i do not understand why.

Please tel me the for Mike: An Illustrative differnce between these two sentences#8230; #8221; i wil be coming tomrw#8221; #8221; i would be coming tmrw#8221; anybody pls explain#8230;. #8221; I will be coming tomorrow #8221; means that you are coming tomorrow for Divorce: One in Essay, sure come what may . But #8220;I would be coming tomorrow #8221; means that you will come tomorrow only when if some condition is met . For example #8221; I would be coming tomorrow only if doesn#8217;t rain #8220; plz help me in understanding these words as i am very confused of them. what would indicates, is it past or present or what? all the for Mike: Case examples above does not tell me exactly what is would? i will recommed this book to others. i hope the above is right? thanks it really help me to understand the difference ! i have already study this but i didnt remember it! thanks again for this! Nice one guys! U?????#8217;ve rily cleared M????????? doubts on the proper usage of would A?? will. I will like to say a very big thank Y?????o????u?????.

Hope it#8217;s correct. #8230;.. would you plz help me out#8230; which one is correct. i would love to say this to my man. i will love to say this to my man. Plz help me out guys: which one is correct?? Now when our new Director has joined, I would like to understand if we can continue getting time sheets approved by him or Manager would/will?? do that. As grammar aficionados, be careful. This sentence you used is incorrect: When you use will you or the is homeschool school subject executing the future action is committed to Quality Research for Mike: Essay, it being carried out. #8220;Being#8221; is a gerund (noun) so it should #8220;itS being carried out#8221; so show possession. which is correct. Minister would arrange everything here on Divorce: Two is Better than One in a Home Essay Monday. minister will arrange everything here on Monday.

First: Remember to say #8220;The resignation letter . . Quality Case Study Essay. . Influence Behaviour At Work. #8221; And yes, I agree that #8220;You will receive the resignation letter . . . Case. #8221; is The Geneva Essay better than #8220;The letter will be received . Quality For Mike: Case Essay. . . #8221; I thnk #8216;would#8217; is the correct 1 cuz u dont noe whether the minister will arrange everything or nt so by using would u assure him that minister will arrange everything#8230;.hope ths helps#8230;. This explanation has totally cleared my concept about the usage on #8216;will#8217; and Divorce: than a Home #8216;would#8217; in English. Thank you very much. Resignation Letter you will be received on tomorrow. The resignation letter would be received by you tomorrow. which one is correct ? pls advise.. the Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study correct one is #8220;you will receive the absolute monarchies resignation letter by tomorrow#8221; Excuse me. Research An Illustrative Case Study Essay. My questions is the following.

Can I make questions with the auxiliary #8220;WILL#8221;? For example, Will you go to is homeschool, church? Or I have to Quality Research An Illustrative Case, switch to #8220;WOULD#8221; instead of #8220;will#8221; #8230; It#8217;s for teaching the future with #8220;WILL#8221;. Thanks. I don#8217;t understand where whould have been put in globalisation, making the Quality Research An Illustrative Case sentence. Please help me.Which sentence is correct ? I would be waiting to get a call/msg from you after 2 weeks. Better Than Public School. I will be waiting to Research An Illustrative Case, get a call/msg from you after 2 weeks. the point is that they are both right. Is Homeschool Better Than Public School. Which one you choose to use depends on your intended meaning. Research For Mike: Essay. I would be waiting to get a call#8230; [ hypothetically, I would IF I had a phone#8230; etc.] I will be waiting to get a call#8230; [definitely! I WILL! ] More tip on english language.

thanks you of all. Will you be available or Would you be available? Which one is influence behaviour correct? Please advise. Both are correct. Use the for Mike: Case Study Essay one that best matches your intended meaning: I am having a surprise party for my sister next Saturday and I want you to come #8212; will you be available? I want to give my sister a surprise party but I can#8217;t find a good date that fits everyone#8217;s schedules. If I were to factors which behaviour at work, plan it for Quality for Mike: Case Essay, next Saturday would you be available? would you be available.

I would like to the Limitations Amnesia, tell you that ‘would’ is the past tense of ‘will,’ and that I hope this would clarify your doubts. On an additional note, I do know for a certain that I will be more actively participating in this exciting website in Research Case Study Essay, the future. Globalisation. I found this #8220;Five Minute Journal#8221; that asks the Quality An Illustrative same questions each day to Two is Better than, help you focus. Quality Research An Illustrative Essay. The second question is #8220;What would make today great?#8221; The author may also have asked: What will make today great? What could make today great? What can make today great? In trying to honestly answer the question, I looked up the exact difference between will/would and singapore would/could.

Here#8217;s what I have come up with: What will make today great? what will I definitely do that will have a definite outcome with a result I deem as #8220;great#8221; What could make today great? what might happen, apart from my taking action, that will have a possible outcome of #8220;great#8221;. could is. Research An Illustrative Case Essay. What can make today great? same as above, I believe. Factors Which At Work. What would make today great? That is, what am capable of doing that if I did it would possibly result in an outcome of #8220;great#8221;#8230; if i say i would give her the money tomorrow .. am i correct or wrong. It#8217;s sounds better to say #8220;I will give her the money tomorrow.#8221; Since it#8217;s what you expect (or promised) If you are giving someone your advice that he should #8220;give her money#8221; and you certainly meet her tomorrow, then your sentence is right, like #8220;If I were you, I would give her the money tomorrow#8221; If you just want to Study Essay, give her your money, you should say #8220;I will give her the money tomorrow#8221; Thanks for describing would. Thank you so much.my suggestion pl gv more examples. i thought #8220;will u help me out is homeschool public school, pls#8221; is the for Mike: Case Essay correct answer since its an offer not #8220;would you help me out Divorce: Two, pls#8221; I have been looking for a book that will explain cultural context of the Scriptures, from people#8217;s review of the book online I believe this book will help out. Am I correct or wrong. Quality. i enjoyed the conversation.

Plz help me#8230; I wanna know which one is monarchies correct and what#8217;s the difference between these two. When will you come or when would you come #8230;. which one is correct and why . plz explain it#8230; What#8217;s the difference between. how would you go and how will you go#8230;..and which one is correct and why#8230; Plz help me na I#8217;m so confused#8230; Is it correct to say. Quality For Mike:. He would really care for you instead of he cares for you. How will you impress my presents or how would you impress my parents . which one is correct.

High Quality Custom Essay Writing Service -
Mike Tyson Essay - 3157 Words | Bartleby

Nov 12, 2017 Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay, buy essay online for cheap -

Quality Assurance Case Study Essay - 1009 Words |…

ezra maize resume Forum Class for July 18, 2004. SHORT COMMENTARY ON EZRA. The First Return and Rebuilding under Zerubbabel (chaps. 1-6)

These chapters, besides telling the history of the period, must also have encouraged Ezra's original readers in their temple worship. As they read about the rebuilding process they would have been made aware of the great personal sacrifices the Jews had made in constructing the temple. For Mike: An Illustrative Study Essay? This would have encouraged them to participate more fully in the temple activities and to be closely related to Conventions and Modern God as were some of their forefathers. A. The proclamation of Cyrus (1:1-4) 1:1. Cyrus, the king of the extensive Persian realm (see the map The Persian Empire), drafted a proclamation that allowed the Quality Study Israelites to return to their land and rebuild their temple. Cyrus made the proclamation in his first year (538 B.C.).

This was the first year of his reign over Babylon, but he had been king over other territories for more than 20 years. He had been in power since 559 when he became the king of Anshan. Essay Evaluating Amnesia? Then he became king of Medo-Persia about 550 B.C. He conquered Babylon in October 539, and became the king of Babylon, a title of honor denoting the Quality Research An Illustrative Case Study highest position in The Geneva Conventions War Essay the civilized world. As is evidenced from Cyrus' attitude concerning the An Illustrative Case Study Essay God of Israel (whom he did not worship) he was not a true believer in Yahweh. Cyrus' concern was to establish strong buffer states around his empire which would be loyal to him.

Also by having his subject peoples resettled in their own countries he hoped to have the gods in various parts of his empire praying for him to his gods Bel and Nebo. The famous Cyrus Cylinder (538 B.C.), which records his capture of Babylon and his program of repatriating his subject peoples in their homelands, includes this statement: May all the Conventions War Essay gods whom I have resettled in their sacred cities daily ask Bel and Nebo for Quality Research for Mike: Case Study a long life for me. The fulfilling of Jeremiah's words (Jer. 29:10; cf. Jer.

25:11-12) was totally God's doing. Seventy years of singapore Jewish captivity in Babylon were about to end. The first deportation of for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay Jews to Babylon was in 605 B.C. Cyrus' decree in 538 was 67 years later. By the factors influence at work time the Quality Case people returned and built the altar in 536, 70 years were almost up. The edict came about because the LORD moved the globalisation singapore heart of Cyrus. The Hebrew words translated moved the heart (also trans. stirred [up] the spirit) were a favorite expression of biblical writers in the post-exilic period (Ezra 1:5; 1 Chron. 5:26; 2 Chron. 21:16, aroused; 36:22; Jer.

51:11; Hag. 1:14). This shows the sovereign hand of God behind the events of history. 1:2-3. Cyrus said that Yahweh, the God of heaven, had appointed him to build a temple. . . at Jerusalem. Part of this decree is recorded in 2 Chronicles 36:23. Also the decree was filed in Quality Research for Mike: Case Ecbatana, where Darius I found it about 520-518 B.C. Absolute? (Ezra 6:1-5). God had promised the Jewish remnant that He would raise up Cyrus as His servant to Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Case restore the fortunes of His people (Isa. 44:28; 45:1, 13). Under the Holy Spirit's guidance, the Prophet Isaiah referred to Cyrus by name about 150 years before the king made his decree.

Josephus wrote that Cyrus was shown the prophecy in Divorce: than a Home Isaiah 44:28 and wanted to fulfill it (The Antiquities of the Jews 11.1.1). The God of heaven is a title of God used 9 times in Ezra (1:2; 5:11-12; 6:9-10; 7:12, 21. 23 (twice--more than in any other Bible book--and 10 times in other exilic and post-exilic books (2 Chron. 36:23; Neh. 1:4-5; 2:4, 20; Dan. 2:18-19, 28, 37. 44). Elsewhere in the Old Testament that phrase occurs only four times (Gen. 24:3. 7; Ps.

136:26; Jonah 1:9). It points to God's sovereignty. He is the One who made heaven (Gen. 14:19, 22; 2 Chron. 2:12; Ps. Quality Research For Mike: Study Essay? 115:15), who is in heaven (Deut. 4:39; 1 Kings 8:30, 39, 43, 49; Eccl. 5:2), and who reigns from His throne in heaven (lsa. 66:1).

Though Cyrus was a monarch over an extensive empire, Yahweh is far greater for He rules from heaven. The emphasis in and Modern Ezra 1:2-3 on the temple sets the tone for this and other post-exilic books. The temple was of for Mike: Case utmost importance in the life of the people of Israel. Without the temple there could be no sacrificial system, which was the nation's lifeblood in its relationship to God. The Geneva Conventions And Modern? The God of heaven (v.

2) is also the God of Quality Research An Illustrative Case Israel who Cyrus said was in Jerusalem. 1:4. Cyrus' edict also instructed the returnees' neighbors in Persia to give them the equivalent of money (silver and gold), material goods. . . livestock, and better than school, freewill offerings (cf. v. 6). The freewill offerings were for the temple and the other gifts were for the people themselves. This is Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay, reminiscent of the Exodus from globalisation singapore, Egypt when God miraculously took the nation out of bondage and had the for Mike: Case Egyptians aid them with gifts of silver, gold, and clothing (Ex. 3:22; 11:2; 12:35). Now God was effecting a new Exodus, again bringing His people who had been in bondage back into and Modern War Essay the land of promise, much as He had done under Moses and Joshua. The people had been in bondage to An Illustrative Study Essay Babylon because of their failure to keep their covenantal obligations, which Moses had given them during the first Exodus. Once more God was miraculously working in the life of the nation.

B. The reaction of the Israelites (1:5-11) 1:5-11. The religious leaders (priests and Levites) along with the heads of the two tribes Judah and Benjamin) that had been taken into exile by the Babylonians spearheaded the Evaluating the Limitations return to Israel to rebuild the temple, the house of the LORD. The Jews who returned totaled 49,897 (2:64-65). The neighbors of the returnees obeyed the king's decree by Research Study contributing to the effort (1:6). Even Cyrus contributed to the return by giving back the articles belonging to the temple of the LORD. These were the dishes. . Better Than Public? . pans. . . Quality Research An Illustrative Study Essay? bowls, and other articles (vv.

9- 10) Nebuchadnezzar had taken from the Jerusalem temple in globalisation singapore 605 B.C. (Dan. For Mike: An Illustrative Study? 1 :2), in 597 B.C. (2 Kings 24: 13), and in 586 B.C. (2 Kings 25:14-15; Jer. 27:16; 52:18-19; cf. On Evaluating Amnesia? Ezra 5:14; 6:5; Dan. 5:2-3) and placed in a temple in Babylon, perhaps the Esagila temple built in honor of the god Marduk. Mithredath is a Persian name, and the word for treasurer ( gizbar ) is also Persian. In Ezra 1:9-10 the articles total 2,499 but in verse 11 the Research for Mike: Case Study total number of monarchies gold and silver items was 5,400.

Why the difference? Surely Ezra would not be so foolish as to make a major mistake such as that when he so carefully wrote the Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay rest of the absolute book under the Holy Spirit's inspiration. Even if one were to assume (as do many critics) that a redactor brought together in Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Case verses 9-11 two variant traditions, it would seem likely that Ezra would try to reconcile them in some way. Essay On The Limitations Of Post-Traumatic? It seems better to Research for Mike: Essay suppose Ezra first listed some of the items, perhaps the bigger and more valuable ones (vv. 9-10), then referred to the total number of items both the larger and a Home, more valuable and the smaller and less significant (v. 11). Another problem pertains to Sheshbazzar (v.

11), who was called the prince of Judah (v. For Mike: An Illustrative? 8). Three views about his identity are suggested: (I) Some feel that Sheshbazzar was a Persian name for absolute monarchies Zerubbabel. Both are said to have laid the foundation of the temple (3:8-10; 5:16). Zerubbabel, which means begotten in for Mike: An Illustrative Study Essay Babel, was a grandson of Jehoiachin (I Chron. 3:17-19), who had been deported to Babylon but had been released from confinement (2 Kings 25:27-30). Zerubbabel's relationship to Jehoiachin would explain the title the prince of Judah. Essay On Evaluating? However, it would seem strange that Zerubbabel would have a second pagan name rather than having one name that reflected Yahweh worship (Sheshbazzar being a pagan deity). If Zerubbabel and Sheshbazzar were two names of the Quality Study same person, it is strange that he was never again referred to by the The Geneva Conventions Essay name Sheshbazzar except in Ezra 5:15-16.

(2) A second view is Research for Mike: An Illustrative Study Essay, that this man was a Jew who was appointed governor by Cyrus but who died shortly after arriving in Palestine and was replaced by Zerubbabel. Though plausible, no solid evidence exists for this view. (3) A third view is that Sheshbazzar was the Shenazzar in 1 Chronicles 3:17, and therefore was Zerubbabel's uncle. (4) A fourth view is that Sheshbazzar was a Persian official who was sent to oversee the use of the king's money and to make Sure the king's wishes were carried out. It has been suggested that because Sheshbazzar was a Persian official the returnees later referred to him (Ezra 5:15-16) to Support their claim of legitimacy for their building project. (See comments on 5:13-16.)

C. The list of people who returned (chap. 2) I. THE LIST RECORDED (2:1-63) 2:1-63. The list is divided into several parts. All of the people of the province (i.e., of Judah) returned to their hometowns (v. 1).

Ezra first recorded the 11 civil and school, religious leaders who were prominent (v. 2). Jeshua was the high priest (3:2); his name is spelled Joshua in the Books of Haggai and Zechariah. He was a grandson of Seraiah (cf. 1 Chron. 6:14 with Hag. 1:1), a priest whom Nebuchadnezzar killed at Riblah (2 Kings 25:18-21). For Mike: An Illustrative Essay? The Nehemiah in Ezra 2:2 was not the Nehemiah who returned to Jerusalem more than 90 years later, 444 B.C. Nor was the Mordecai here Esther's cousin (Es. 2:5-7), who lived in Susa about 60 years after the Jews' first return. Nehemiah 7:7 records 12 names rather than 11 (cf.

Ezra 2:2). (Three names have different spellings. In verse 2 Seraiah, Reelaiah, and Rehum are probably the same persons as Azariah, Raamiah, and Nehum, respectively, in Neh. 7:7.) Nahamani's name, not in Ezra's list, may have been dropped out by an early scribal error in the copying of the original manuscripts. It is likely that 12 men would have originally been listed as symbolic heads of the Divorce: than a Home Essay 12-tribe nation (cf. 12 male goats offered for the 12 tribes of Research Case Study Israel, Ezra 6:17). Then Ezra listed people by their 18 families and clans, totaling 15,604 (2:3-20). Next came a listing of inhabitants (totaling 8,540) from 21 towns and villages (vv.

21-35). Then the priests (4,289 of them) were listed (vv. 36-39), followed by 341 Levites which included singers and is homeschool than public, gatekeepers (vv. 40-42). The temple servants (vv. 43-54) and descendants of the royal servants (vv. 55-58) totaled 392. Quality? The 652 returnees who could not clearly trace their ancestry (vv. 59-63) were listed last. The priests who could not delineate their genealogies were not allowed by the governor ( tirsata , a Persian term, possibly a reference to Sheshbazzar [cf. comments on 1:8] or to Zerubbabel) to absolute monarchies eat. . Quality Research For Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay? . the most sacred food till a priest was ministering with the Urim and Thummim. The Urim and Thummim were parts of the high priest's breastplate, probably two stones used in Some way in determining God's will (cf.

Ex. 28:30; Lev. 8:8; Num. 27:21; Deut. 33:8; Sam. 28:6; Neh. 7:65).

Though such a list of of Post-Traumatic Amnesia names and locations seems unnecessary to some modern readers, it would have been of great encouragement to the original readers as they saw their own families and towns represented. 2. Quality Research For Mike: Case Study? THE TOTAL NUMBERS GIVEN (2:64-67) 2:64-67. When added together the numbers in verses 2-42, 58, and 60 which list the returnees come to factors which individual 29,829 (including the 11 prominent men listed in Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Essay v. 2). However, the total in verses 64-65--the whole company--is 49,897. The larger number may include women and children.

It may also include Jews from the 10 Northern tribes who might have joined the remnant of the two Southern tribes of Judah and Benjamin (cf. 1:5). It may also have included the priests who could not delineate their genealogies (2:61-62). Ezra's grand total of 49,897 is very close to Nehemiah's total of 49,942 (Neh. Better? 7:66-67). Quality For Mike: An Illustrative Study? Nehemiah's extra 45 people are in the singers (Ezra had 200 but Nehemiah referred to 245). This may have been a scribal error, an error not in the original manuscripts but in the numerous copyings of the text in its transmission. A scribe, in copying Nehemiah 7:67, may have inadvertently picked up the 245 in verse 68, in and Modern War Essay reference to mules, and inserted that number for the 200 singers. This kind of error may also account for Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay several variations in the other numbers in these lists. (For further discussion see the comments on Neh. 7. Factors Which Individual At Work? Even the animals were counted--a total of 8,136, most of An Illustrative Essay them donkeys, commonly used for riding (Ezra 2:66-67). Is Better Than Essay? The journey from Babylon to Israel was about 900 miles and took about four months (cf.

7:8-9), but Ezra did not state how long the return trip took. Quality Case? His focus was not on the people's hardships but on their task of rebuilding the temple. 3. THE RESTORATION BEGUN (2:68-70) 2:68-69. When the Essay Evaluating the Limitations returnees arrived back in Research for Mike: Study Essay Palestine at the house of the LORD (i.e., at its location site) they gave of their possessions according to the Limitations of Post-Traumatic their ability. They gave large amounts of money and material to begin the temple building project. Quality Research For Mike: Case Study Essay? The list of which influence individual precious metals and materials differs from the corresponding list in Nehemiah 7:70-72. Ezra's 61,000 drachmas (darics) of gold are 41,000 in Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Nehemiah. Ezra recorded 5,000 minas of silver while Nehemiah referred to 4,200. Ezra mentioned 100 priestly garments whereas Nehemiah recorded 597.

These differences were probably early scribal errors. 2:70. The people then settled in their ancestors' towns and villages. D. The rebuilding of the is homeschool better than public school temple (3:1-6:15) 1. THE ALTAR AND THE FOUNDATION REBUILT (CHAP. 3) 3:1-2. The first task facing the people was the for Mike: An Illustrative Study Essay rebuilding of the altar of burnt offering, directly east of where the temple building itself would be located. This was essential for reestablishing the sacrificial system which set these people apart as a nation and which was used by God as a means for atoning for their sins.

The seventh month may refer to which behaviour at work the seventh month after the people left Babylon or to the seventh month after they arrived in Jerusalem. This was in September-October (see the for Mike: An Illustrative Study Essay chart Calendar in globalisation singapore Israel near Ex. 12). In years past, the seventh month had been a great month religiously for Israel. Three religious festivals were held in the seventh month: the Feast of Trumpets on the 1st day (Lev. 23:23-25), the Day of Quality Atonement on the 10th day (Lev. 23:26-32), and the Feast of Divorce: Two is Better a Home Essay Tabernacles on days 15-21 (Lev. 23:33-36, 39-43; Num. 29:12-39; cf. Ezra 3:4). The words: The people assembled as one man, suggest they all agreed that the building project must begin.

The men who headed up the constructing of the altar were Jeshua, the religious leader (a descendant of Aaron), and Zerubbabel, the civil leader (a descendant of David), along with fellow priests (other descendants of Aaron) and associates (other descendants of David). Quality Research For Mike: Case Study Essay? They built the globalisation singapore altar so that they could offer sacrifices in accordance with what was written in the Law of Moses. It was imperative that the returnees would come back to the Mosaic Covenant. Because their forefathers had left the covenant, the for Mike: Study Essay nation had been driven into Captivity. The former exiles did not want to make that same mistake. 3:3-6.

Even though the returnees had fear of the peoples around them, foreigners who had been deported by the Assyrian Empire into Palestine, they built the altar, and offered burnt offerings on it (cf. Lev. 1; 6:8-13), starting on the first day of the, . . month (Ezra 3:6). These were the Evaluating first sacrifices made there in 50 years--since 586 B.C. when the temple was torn down. Other sacrifices were offered in connection with all the appointed feasts, including, for example, the Feast of Tabernacles on days 15-21 of that seventh month (cf. Quality Research For Mike: Case Study Essay? Lev. 23:33-36,39-43; Num.

29:12-39). The sacrifices showed that the people wanted to be responsive to the Law of God. 3:7-9. There was a period of preparation for building the temple foundation for the work did not begin till the second month of the which at work second year after their arrival (May-June 536. exactly 70 years after the. first deportation in 605). Why this delay of seven months after the altar was built? Because they had to get organized and secure the building materials. The wood (cedar logs) came from Lebanon. shipped along the coast to Joppa and then carried overland to Jerusalem (see the map The Persian Empire near 1:1).

Lebanon was well known for its cedar forests and its fine woodworkers. For the first temple. 430 years earlier (in 966 B.C.), Solomon had received much of his building materials (cedar, pine, and algum logs) and craftsmen from Lebanon (I Kings 5:1-10,18; 2 Chron. 2:1-16). Solomon began his project in the second month (May-June; I Kings 6:1), the same month this rebuilding began under Zerubbabel. Since Tyre and Sidon in Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay Lebanon were under the Persian Empire. Cyrus had to authorize this transaction (cf. Ezra 6:3-4), in which the singapore logs, as in Quality Research Case Essay Solomon's time. were paid for by money. Monarchies? . . food. . . drink. and oil. Zerubbabel appointed the Levites as supervisors of the construction project.

Centuries earlier Levites were involved in the tabernacle construction (Ex. 38:21) and in caring for and transporting it (Num. 1:50-51; 3:21-37). Now they were involved in the temple construction. Three Levite groups of supervisors were mentioned (Ezra 3:9)--Jeshua and his family, Kadmiel (cf.

2:40) and his family, and the family of Henadad. 3:10-11. Nothing is Quality for Mike: Case Study, mentioned about the is homeschool better than school actual process of laying the temple foundation or the length of time involved. This is because the focus was on the results of this project on that community of people who had braved the rugged conditions. They were following the command of Cyrus but, more importantly. they were following the command of their God with whom they were in covenant. As the foundation. . . was laid the people were careful to follow in the traditions of their forefathers who had been rightly related to God under the Mosaic Covenant. As the priests. . . and Quality Research An Illustrative Case Study Essay, the Levites led the dedication service for the temple's foundations, they did the things that were prescribed by David. The order followed was the same as when David brought the ark to Jerusalem. At that time priests blew trumpets and Asaph sounded cymbals (I Chron.

16:5-6). Here the priests blew trumpets and sons (descendants) of Asaph played the cymbals. The order was also similar to absolute the time when the ark was brought to the temple in Solomon's day (2 Chron. 5:12-13), when Asaph and for Mike: Study Essay, others played cymbals, harps, and lyres; and the priests blew trumpets. In this rebuilding service the influence individual behaviour priests and Levites sang, He is good; His love to Israel endures forever, words almost identical to the song of praise in 2 Chronicles 5:13 (cf. Ps. 136:1). This song of praise is highly significant for by it the religious leaders were acknowledging that Yahweh had again established His loving protection over the nation. The word love ( hesed ) is God's covenantal loyal love which exists forever with His people Israel. Now that the temple worship was being reestablished, the people again recognized the commitment of God's unending covenantal love. 3:12-13.

In contrast with the joy many people experienced on that occasion, a few of the Research for Mike: An Illustrative Study older priests and globalisation, Levites and Quality Research Essay, family heads, who had seen the former temple (destroyed 50 years earlier in 586 B.C.) were discouraged. Perhaps they contrasted the roughness of the current project with the grandeur of the Solomonic temple. Sixteen years later (in 520 B.C.) the same emotion of discouragement again hit the builders of the temple (Hag. 2:1-9). The two sounds, the joy and the weeping (from sadness), mingled together and were so loud that they were heard far away. 2. THE REBUILDING OPPOSED (4:1-6:12) Ezra did not record all the events in those 21 years (from 536) till the temple was finished (in 515). That is because he was making a theological point that the temple of the Lord was completed despite opposition that might have stopped any other project.

The temple was the basis for Conventions the post-exilic community's fellowship with God. Quality Research For Mike: Study Essay? Not till the temple was built could the is homeschool than public school people really live in accord with the Quality Research for Mike: Study Essay covenant. Ezra's account of this interim period differs in tone from factors which individual at work, Haggai's account of opposition (from 520 to 518). Quality An Illustrative Case Essay? Ezra did not dwell on the sinful condition of the people as they lived in the land as did Haggai (Hag. Globalisation? I). Ezra's account focused on external pressures from the surrounding peoples, whereas Haggai focused on the internal attitudes of the people who valued material possessions above spiritual things (Hag. 1:4.

6). a. Attempts of enemies to stop the building (4:1-5) 4:1-2. The enemies used two methods of opposition to try to keep the Research for Mike: An Illustrative temple from being built. First they offered to help in the construction process, thereby hoping to infiltrate the ranks and sidetrack the building project. The Geneva And Modern War? When that did not work, they frightened the builders (perhaps with threats on their lives) and even hired counselors to Quality Research Essay frustrate them (vv. 4-5).

The enemies of than public Judah and Quality An Illustrative, Benjamin refer to the people living in factors which individual behaviour at work Palestine since the time of the fall of the Northern Kingdom in 722 B.C. The Assyrian Empire, which conquered the 10 Northern tribes, deported some of the people away to Assyria and brought in other peoples to intermarry (2 Kings 17:23-24). This tactic prevented strong nationalistic uprisings in the conquered lands. The enemies (called the peoples around them, Ezra 4:4) were the descendants of Research for Mike: An Illustrative these mixed peoples and the forefathers of the New Testament Samaritans. These people in Ezra's day claimed that they worshiped the same God, that is, Yahweh, the God of Israel. But they had a synergistic form of worship; they worshiped both Yahweh and others (2 Kings 17:29, 32, 34, 41). Therefore their statement (Ezra 4:2) was not fully accurate and singapore, was apparently made to mislead the Quality Research An Illustrative Study leadership of the returned band. Esarhaddon, king of Assyria, who brought us here, was the Assyrian mono arch who aggressively pursued the policy of partial deportation and to whose reign these enemies could trace their ancestry in Palestine. Esarhaddon, a son of Sennacherib, ruled from 681 to 669 B.C.

Some people, however, had been displaced into Samaria earlier by the Assyrian kings Sargon II (722-705) and Sennacherib (705-705). Is Homeschool Better? Judah and Benjamin's enemies were also appealing on the basis of the fact that they, like the Jews, were a displaced people, having been brought in from the outside. In a sense they were downplaying the nation of Israel's roots in the land. 4:3-5. The response by the govern. mental side (Zerubbabel) and the religious side (Jeshua) was decisive and immediate. They had two reasons for not wanting to be sidetracked by this offer of help. First, the temple was for the LORD the God of Israel, who was not the god these people worshiped.

Second, they had been commissioned by King Cyrus himself to undertake the building project and therefore had every right to carry it out on their own. This rebuff brought on the second form of opposition. As already stated, the enemies tried to Quality for Mike: Case Study discourage the workers and Essay on Evaluating of Post-Traumatic Amnesia, make them afraid, This policy of harassment continued on till the reign of Darius, king of Persia, who ruled from 521 to 486. It was during his reign, in 515, that the temple was completed. The account of the building program under Darius is resumed in Ezra 4:24 after a parenthesis in verses 623. b. Parenthetical letters (4:6-23) These letters to and from Research Study Essay, Artaxerxes are out of place chronologically, but they follow here logically to show that the opposition Ezra had begun to describe (vv. 1-5) continued on for many years--to 485 B.C., the year Xerxes began to reign (v. 6) and on into the days of Artaxerxes (464-424). Artaxerxes was the king who was reigning during the events recorded in chapters 7-10. For the names and Essay the Limitations, dates of the Research for Mike: Case Persian kings in the post-exilic period, see the chart.

Thus the letters may have been written at factors which behaviour at work the time of Ezra's return (458 B.C.). Therefore the Research for Mike: An Illustrative Study Essay letters were written nearly 80 years later than the factors behaviour account into which they were placed. Ezra was not being deceptive by placing the letters here in Research for Mike: An Illustrative Essay his book since he clearly dated them by the ruler under which they were written. Anyone familiar with the history of that part of the world at that time (as were the inhabitants of Israel when the Book of public school Ezra was written) would have clearly seen what Ezra was logically doing. 4:6. Opposition continued during the time of Xerxes, Xerxes, also known as Ahasuerus in the Book of Esther, ruled from 485 to 465.

Ezra recorded nothing of the nature or results of the accusation except that it apparently kept the Israelites from working on building projects. This verbal opposition in Xerxes' reign is mentioned nowhere else in the Bible. This verse sets the stage for the following letter which was written in the reign of Quality for Mike: Study Persia's next king. 4:7. Opposition against the Jews was strong during the time of Artaxerxes. The focus of the narrative is on globalisation singapore, two letters written during his reign (464-424). Because the enemies' letter and the king's reply brought the Quality An Illustrative Study Essay work on the city walls and foundations to a halt, it seems logical that the letter was written before the influence individual at work return of Nehemiah, for under Nehemiah the building projects resumed and were completed. Though the Research An Illustrative Case letter was composed by people who spoke a northwest Semitic dialect (like Hebrew) it was written in Essay the Limitations the Aramaic language (the trade language of the day).

It was in square Aramaic script rather than in the slanted Hebrew type of script or in cuneiform signs. Ezra 4:8-6:18 and 7:12-26 are in Aramaic. Quality For Mike: Study? Perhaps Bishlam, Mithredath, and Tabeel were men from Samaria. 4:8-10, Rehum the commanding officer and Shimshai the secretary were probably Persians who were persuaded to write the letter. In their introduction Rehum and Shimshai tried to point out to King Artaxerxes that the The Geneva War participants in this opposition were from various parts of the Quality Case Study world. Their complaint was not merely from a single isolated group. Judges and officials from various parts of the Persian Empire and people who had been deported to Samaria under the reign of the Assyrian King Ashurbanipal 200 years earlier were opposed to the work. Ashurbanipal (669-626) continued the deporting done by his father Esarhaddon (4:2). 4:11-16. The writers of the letter (cf. This is a copy of the absolute monarchies letter, v. Quality Research An Illustrative Case? 23; 5:6; 7:11) identified with the Divorce: is Better than One in a Home Essay Persian king by noting that they were his servants.

The letter itself is recorded in Research An Illustrative Study Essay 4:12-16. The opponents noted that the Jews were restoring the walls and repairing the foundations, Their opposition was obviously not against the rebuilding of the temple, for it had been completed in 515 B.C. The. opposition was against an attempt to begin rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem which the opponents called that rebellious and wicked city (cf. vv. 15, 19). The apparent reason for Essay on the Limitations of Post-Traumatic the complaint was that if the city was allowed to be fortified, then Jerusalem and the territory which Jerusalem would control would no longer pay taxes or tribute money to Research for Mike: An Illustrative Essay the crown. This would dishonor the king. Therefore the complainers felt it was their patriotic duty to tell the king what was happening so that he could search the Two than a Home records and see that Jerusalem was a rebellious city, which is Quality Study Essay, why it was destroyed. The letter added that if the is homeschool public school city of Jerusalem was fortified then the Jews would take back all the territory they had previously occupied and the Persian king would have no territory left in Quality Research An Illustrative Case Trans-Euphrates.

They claimed he would lose a huge portion of his empire. 4:17-23. In his reply the king actually strengthened the position of the Israelites by leaving open the possibility that their work might resume later by his permission. This, of course, did happen under the leadership of Nehemiah. The king did search the archives and found that Jerusalem had been powerful at one time. What an encouragement this must have been to Ezra's original readers to recall the years of David and Solomon and to on Evaluating Amnesia know that even a pagan king acknowledged the sovereignty of their empire centered at Research An Illustrative Essay Jerusalem. Essay On Evaluating The Limitations Amnesia? The king commanded that the building projects stop. Research For Mike: An Illustrative Case? . . until I so order, This was the same king who later (444 B.C.) changed this edict and allowed Nehemiah to return and rebuild the walls of Jerusalem (Neh. 2:1.9). Conventions Essay? However, the Quality Research Case immediate result was a forced cessation of the building activity because the enemies used force to back up a legal document from the Persian king.

c. The result of the opposition (4:24) 4:24. The narrative now picks up where it left off after verse 5 (vv. 6-23 are a lengthy parenthesis). The result of the opposition during Cyrus' reign was that work on the temple was suspended until the second year of. . . Darius (520 B.C.), some 18 years after the people had returned to globalisation the 'and for the purpose of rebuilding the house of God.

d. The continuation of the work (5:1-6:12) This section informs the readers of certain historical events under the reign of Quality Research An Illustrative Darius. and also helps its readers understand that the temple rebuilding was sovereignly ordained by God and carried out through pagan rulers, this time Darius I (521-486). 5:1-2. Is Homeschool Than School? The work on the temple had been stopped (4:1-5, 24), from 535 to 520 B.C. Now under the influence of two important prophets, Haggai and Zechariah, it was resumed. The preaching of these two men is recorded in the biblical books bearing their respective names. Haggai prophesied from August to December 520 B.C., and Zechariah prophesied for two years beginning in October-November 520. They were helping by exhorting and encouraging (cf. 6:14; Hag. 1:8; 2:4; Zech. 4:7-9).

They were vitally concerned with the building of the temple because they realized that their nation could never fulfill the Research for Mike: Case Essay obligations of the Mosaic Covenant till the globalisation singapore temple worship was reinstated. Both of these prophets placed the blame for the hard times the nation experienced during this period on the people's lack of Case Essay obedience in not rebuilding the better school temple. However, Ezra did not deal with that question in his book. He stressed the outside opposition which was also a factor in slowing the work. An Illustrative Study? The building process itself was spearheaded by Zerubbabel and Jeshua, the evil and religious leaders. respectively. 5:3-5. Globalisation Singapore? But as soon as the work was resumed, another effort (cf. 4:1-5) was made to stop it.

Israel's leaders came into Quality Research for Mike: Study Essay direct conflict with the duly established local authorities who were responsible to the Persian crown. In a Babylonian record dated 502 B.C. the name Tattenai and his office as governor of Trans-Euphrates are mentioned. Syria-Palestine was under him. an public school, area including but much larger than Israel. Shethar-Bozenai was probably an assistant to Tattenai. Quality Research? It would have been Tattenai's responsibility, on hearing of this building activity in than a Home Essay his territory, to An Illustrative Case Study Essay investigate it. Major political unrest was seething at the beginning of monarchies Darius' reign. Possibly Tattenai thought the temple-building project in Jerusalem would grow into a full-scale rebellion against the empire.

God's promise/threat (Deut. 28) He said that the people would be taken into captivity if they did not live according to the covenant He instituted with them as they were ready to enter the land of promise. Not only was Nebuchadnezzar involved in the fall of Jerusalem; God Himself was responsible! Nebuchadnezzar was merely an agent of God's anger on His people (cf. My servant Nebuchadnezzar in Jer. 25:9; 27:6; 43:10)--an anger which was designed to purify the nation so that some would return to the land as a believing remnant. The Exile did not mean that Yahweh was defeated by Nebuchadnezzar's gods. The group of Quality Research Case Study officials asked Zerubbabel and Jeshua who authorized the project (the word structure is lit., wooden structure), and asked for the names of the people responsible for it (cf. 5:9-10). Is Better Than One In A Home Essay? But despite this challenge, the work did not stop because the eye of their God was watching Over them (cf. God. . . was over Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay, them, v. 1).

Occurring frequently in Ezra and Nehemiah are the words the hand of the LORD was on him and similar expressions (Ezra 7:6, 9, 28; 8:18, 22, 31; Neh. 2:8, 18), God was providentially caring for them (by His eye) and blessing them (by His hand). Clearly God was at work in spite of Two is Better One in this opposition because through it the project was eventually given help. 5:6-10. Ezra recorded the letter (cf. This is a copy of the letter; 4:11, 23; 7:11) Tattenai sent to King Darius about the building activity going on in Jerusalem (5:7-16). Tattenai began his letter by noting that work was being done on the temple of the great God in Jerusalem. This does not mean that Tattenai believed Yahweh of Israel was the supreme God.

Most likely he meant that the God to Quality Research An Illustrative Essay whom the is Better than One in Jews were building the temple was the major God of the area. In the ancient Near East there was a highly developed belief in Quality Case Essay local deities. Tattenai noted that large stones and timbers (cf. 6:4; 1 Kings 6:36) were being used in which individual the work and that the Jews were working with diligence and were making rapid progress, He added that he had asked who authorized the work (cf. Ezra 5:3) and that he had asked for the names of those who were leading the Quality Case building program (cf. v. 4). 5:11-12. Tattenai's letter then included the Jews' answers to his questions (vv. 11-16), Zerubbabel and Jeshua called themselves servants of the God of heaven and earth, not servants of Persia' For comments on the title the God of heaven see 1:2. The true God, Yahweh, was superior to Darius' god, Ahura Mazda, whom Darius called the factors influence behaviour at work god of heaven.

Years earlier Israel had a great king, Solomon, and had had a beautiful temple. It was a prominent structure in the ancient world, But because of sin (our lathers angered the God of heaven), God I handed them over to Nebuchadnezzar, . The Jews knew why the temple was destroyed and the people deported. 5:13-17. In response to Tattenai Zerubbabel and Jeshua stated that Cyrus had allowed a remnant to Study Essay return to influence individual behaviour at work Jerusalem to rebuild the temple and even gave them articles which had been taken from Solomon's temple (cf. 1:2-4, 7-11). The letter-writers also recounted the fact that Cyrus gave Sheshbazzar the task of carrying out the king's command--to return the Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case articles and to influence build another temple in the city. Sheshbazzar was mentioned to show Tattenai that the building program was legal.

Thus it seems likely that Sheshbazzar was a Persian official whose name carried some weight with Tattenai (cf. comments on 1:8 on several views of Sheshbazzar's identity). Are Sheshbazzar and Zerubbabel the same person? Many think so because Sheshbazzar laid the temple foundations, and so did Zerubbabel (3:8-10). However, this is not absolute proof that the two men were identical. Sheshbazzar could have been responsible, as the king's representative, to see that the work was begun, and Zerubbabel the Jewish leader who completed the task. Tattenai and Research for Mike: Case Essay, the officials asked that the king research the records in Babylon (cf. 6:1-2) to singapore find out if what the Jews had said about a decree from Cyrus was true. That such records were carefully kept is attested by archeology. 6:1.5.

Tattenai had requested that Babylon's archives be searched for for Mike: Case Study Essay the document (5:17) but it was not found there. Instead the scroll (of papyrus or leather) was found in. . . Ecbatana (modern Hamadan), 300 miles northeast of Babylon and capital of influence behaviour at work Media (6: 1-2). The scroll was in for Mike: Case Study Ecbatana, because that is where Cyrus had spent the summer of 538, when he issued the on Evaluating of Post-Traumatic Amnesia decree, This Ecbatana record was an official minute with three details that the verbal and written proclamation (1:1-4) apparently did not contain: (1) The temple was to be 90 feet high and 90 feet wide, with three courses of Quality Research Study large stones and one of absolute monarchies timbers (cf. 5:8; 1 Kings 6:36). (2) The project was to be financed by funds from the royal treasury, This shows the earnestness of Cyrus' repatriation program. (3) The returned gold and silver articles were to be put in their places in the temple. 6:6-12. King Darius then gave three instructions to Tattenai and Research for Mike: An Illustrative, his associates: (1) He told them to leave the Jews alone and not interfere with the building of the temple (vv. Absolute? 6-7).

The words stay away from there were a common Aramaic legal statement. This was to be in accord with the edict of the great King Cyrus. (2) Tax money was to be used to help finance the project and animals were to be supplied daily so that sacrifices could be made at the altar of the new temple along with food items for the offerings (vv. 8-10). Flour (from wheat), salt, and oil were to be used in the grain offerings (Lev. 2:1-2, 7, 13), and wine for drink offerings (Lev. 23:13) on feast days. (3) Anyone who disobeyed the edict was to suffer a horrible fate (Ezra 6:11-12). He was to be impaled on Quality Research for Mike: Case, a beam taken from his own house, and his house was to be demolished.

Execution by impaling was practiced in the Assyrian and Persian Empires. Darius wanted no disturbance in this part of his vast kingdom. The pagan king acknowledged that God had caused His name to dwell at is homeschool better Jerusalem. Darius probably thought of Yahweh as a local deity (cf. comments on 5:6-10), whereas Ezra, in recording that statement, knew of the covenantal significance in Yahweh's name dwelling in Jerusalem. So Tattenai's inquiry backfired. Instead of stopping the temple work, he had to let it proceed and even had to help pay for it out of his revenues! Darius' curse on anyone who would destroy the . Quality Research For Mike: An Illustrative Essay? temple was fulfilled in: (a) Antiochus . Epiphanes, who desecrated it in 167 B.C., and died insane three years later; (b) Herod the Great (37-4 B.C.), who added extensively to the temple to glorify himself. and who had domestic trouble and died of disease; and (c) the Romans, who destroyed the temple in A.D. 70, and monarchies, later had their empire destroyed. 3. THE TEMPLE COMPLETED (6:13-15) 6:13-15, Tattenai, to his credit, carried. . . Quality Research For Mike: An Illustrative Study Essay? out the influence individual at work instructions of Darius, and did so with diligence (cf. with diligence in 5:8; 6:12; 7:21, 23). The work was done by the Jewish elders who were encouraged by the preaching of the Prophets Haggai and Zechariah (cf.

5:1). Ezra noted that the Quality An Illustrative Case ultimate decree for the building of the temple was from God Himself. God worked through the better than public commands of the pagan Persian kings, Cyrus, Darius, and Artaxerxes, Workers, prophets, kings, and Research Study, God were all involved. Artaxerxes had nothing to do with building the temple; apparently his name was added to round out the account, for he had decreed the building of Jerusalem's walls (Neh. Is Homeschool Public School? 2:1, 8). He also helped provide for sacrifices at the temple (Ezra 7:12-17). Some have suggested that Artaxerxes' name may have been added by Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study an early scribe but there is no textual evidence of that.

Actually in the Hebrew the words the temple are not in 6:14, It reads literally, They finished their building, thus speaking in general terms of the total reconstruction of Jerusalem under the decrees of the three kings, But verse 15 specifically mentions the temple. The temple was completed in Adar (February-March) of 515--21 years alter the work started in 536, and 4.5 years after Haggai began his prophesying. This was 70.5, years alter the temple had been destroyed on August 12, 586. E. The dedication of the temple and the celebration of the Passover (6:16-22) I. THE TEMPLE DEDICATED (6:16-18) 6:16-18. After the temple was finished, it was then dedicated. Globalisation Singapore? The comparatively small number of animals sacrificed (100 bulls, 200 rams, 400 male lambs, and 12 male goats) contrasted sharply with the tremendous amount sacrificed by Quality Case Study Essay Solomon at the dedication of the better than first temple (22,000 cattle and 120,000 sheep and goats; 1 Kings 8:63).

This points up the Quality Research Case Study comparative poverty of the post-exilic community. Divorce: Two Is Better Than A Home Essay? The 12 goats for the sin offering show that the post-exilic community still envisioned a united Israel consisting of all 12 tribes even though only Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Study Essay 2 had survived with any strength. The leaders of the sacrificial system--the priests and the Levites--were installed, , , according to , , . the is homeschool school Book of Moses, that is, according to that portion of the Law in Research for Mike: An Illustrative Study Essay which the legal system is described--in parts of Leviticus and Essay on, Numbers (Lev. 8; Num. 3:5-10; 8:5-14). One of the motifs of Ezra, Nehemiah, and 1 and 2 Chronicles is that the post-exilic community was under the leadership 'of godly men who were steeped in the Scriptures and attempted to do everything according to the Law.

This shows that they had learned from the Exile that God's people suffer if they do not live up to their covenantal obligations. 2. THE PASSOVER CELEBRATED (6:19-22) 6:19-21. Beginning with verse 19 the text is again in Hebrew (4:8-6:18 are in Aramaic). On the 14th day of the first month (April 515 B.C.) the Quality Research Case Study Passover was celebrated, The temple had been completed in the 12th month (Adar; v. 15) and fittingly, in the very next month, the Passover was re-inaugurated. Two? This was the first time in 70 years that the people partook of Quality An Illustrative Study Essay this feast which commemorated their forefathers' release from Egyptian bondage (cf. Ex. Essay Amnesia? 12:1-14; Lev. 23:5). The Israelite returnees ate the Passover with all who had separated themselves from the unclean practices of their Gentile neighbors. This second group might have been: (a) Gentiles living in Judah (cf.

Num. 9:14), or more likely (b) Jews who had remained in the land and had defiled themselves by practices that went against the Law, and then repented of those sins, thereby separating themselves. 6:22. The seven-day Feast of Unleavened Bread was on days 15-21 of the Research for Mike: Case Study first month, immediately after the globalisation singapore Passover (cf. Lev. 23:6-8). The reference to Darius as the king of Assyria is not an Research An Illustrative Case Study, anachronism (though the Assyrian Empire had ended in 609 B.C.) for the Persian Empire included what was once Assyria.

Perhaps this title was a grim reminder that Assyria's harsh tactics were now ended, She was the first to deport Israelites from their land; but now a contingent of Jews was settled back in their land. This eight-day celebration (the Passover, Ezra 6:19, and the seven-day Feast of on Evaluating the Limitations Amnesia Unleavened Bread, v. 22), 900 years after the first Passover, signaled the end of the Exile for a remnant of the Quality Research Case Study nation was once again back in fellowship with Yahweh. Since the temple worship was restored, it was important for Divorce: is Better One in a Home people who wanted to be in Research for Mike: Study fellowship with God and live according to the covenantal obligations to be in the place where the sacrificial system was being practiced. Of Post-Traumatic? The people had seen firsthand that God works through history, for He had caused pagan kings to issue decrees which let them return to the land of Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study promise (much as He had caused Egypt's Pharaoh to release Israel). The original readers of Ezra's book would rejoice in on the Limitations Amnesia that fact and would be encouraged to participate fully in the temple worship, which had been reestablished at such great cost. II. The Second Return and Reform under Ezra (chaps. 7-10) These chapters describe a second return of exiles from Babylon, this time under Ezra in 458 B.C. (7:7). Here Ezra often wrote in the first person (I and we): Ezra, a priest who knew the Scriptures, knew the importance of having the people back where the sacrificial system was being practiced. A. The return to the land (chaps, 7-8) The emphasis in these chapters is on the character of Ezra, which sets the scene for chapters 9 and 10 where sin is uncovered in the post-exilic community.

Ezra is presented as a man who was strongly motivated by the Law of God. I. THE INTRODUCTION OF EZRA (7:1-10) The events which transpire in Research for Mike: An Illustrative Essay this section of the narrative occurred during the reign of Artaxerxes who was introduced earlier in the book (4:8-23; 6:14). Factors Which Influence At Work? The return occurred in the king's seventh year, which was 458 B.C. 7:1-5. After these things points to a gap of 57 years since the events at the end of chapter 6. The temple was completed in 515 B.C. in for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study the reign of Darius I. Absolute? Alter Darius' death in 486 his Son Xerxes ruled for 20 years (485-465). Quality For Mike: An Illustrative Case Study? Since Xerxes was the Ahasuerus mentioned in the Book of Esther, the events of that book occurred between Ezra 6 and 7. Then Xerxes' son Artaxerxes ruled from 464 to 424. From 515 to 458 (Artaxerxes' seventh year, 7:7) was 57 years.

Ezra's lineage is traced back to Aaron, the first priest. This list is abbreviated, for it does not name every generation. Between Azariah and Meraioth (v. 3) six names appear in the genealogy in 1 Chronicles 6:7-10 (cf. comments there). Since Seraiah was the high priest when Jerusalem fell in 586 (2 Kings 25:18), Ezra may have been his great-grandson.

Because of his priestly ancestry, Ezra, like the singapore priests, had authority to teach (cf. Lev. 10:11; Ezra 7:10). 7:6. Ezra. . . was a teacher well-versed in the Law of Moses, The word teacher translates soper , a broad word that means, a recorder, scribe, secretary, or writer (e.g.. 2 Sam. 8:17; Es. 3:12; 8:9; Ps. 45:1). The word also referred to Quality Research Case a learned man who could read and write (e.g., Jehudi in Jer. Than? 36:23) and a learned man who could teach what he read in God's Law.

Ezra was called a teacher ( soper ) four times (Ezra 7:6, 1112,21; cf. v. 25). And he was called Ezra the scribe six times in Nehemiah (8:1, 4, 9, 13; 12:26, 36). Well versed translates mohir , which is rendered skillful in Psalm 45:1. Ezra had the blessing of the pagan King Artaxerxes as well as the blessing of the covenant God of Israel. A few years later Nehemiah had an Research Case Study Essay, official position before the king (Neh. 1:11), but Ezra held no such position. It is Divorce:, enough for for Mike: the author to note that he was a teacher who was well versed in the Law. That was to be his major function in life.

Because of the king's favor Ezra was promised that he could have whatever he wanted. Rather than ask for something personal. Ezra used the monarch's favor to advance the cause of God and His people. For the first of eight times in the Books of which influence individual behaviour Ezra and Nehemiah, mention is made of God's hand being on Ezra and Nehemiah (Ezra 7:6, 9, 28; 8:18, 22, 31; Neh. 2:8, 18). 7:7-10. Not much is said here about the trip from Babylon to Jerusalem or the preparations for it. These few verses are a summary of the journey that is detailed in the rest of chapter 7 and in for Mike: Case Study Essay chapter 8. Is Homeschool Better School? Returning with Ezra were groups of Quality Study people corresponding to the groups in Zerubbabel's return (chap.

2). The trip back to the land took exactly four months, from the first to the fifth months, from Nisan I (March-April) to Ab I (July-August). The good hand of . Is Homeschool Better Than? . Quality Essay? . God was on Ezra because he devoted himself to the study and observance of the Law of the LORD, and to teaching it. Devoted himself is literally, set his heart firmly (cf. 2 Chron. 19:3; 30:19), which gives the absolute monarchies idea that Ezra was inwardly determined. His determination was directed toward doing three things: studying God's Law, obeying it, and teaching it to Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative others-an inviolable order for a successful ministry! 2. THE CIRCUMSTANCES PROMPTING THE RETURN (7:11-28) 7:11-12. Artaxerxes wrote a letter (cf.

This is a copy of the letter; 4:11, 23; 5:6) to Ezra that allowed Ezra and others to return to Israel. School? (On Ezra as a teacher see comments on 7:6.) No reason for the decree was given. It can be surmised that Ezra had asked for permission to take a group back and that this decree was the official granting of Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Study his request. Is Homeschool Than Public School? The decree was sent to Ezra personally. 7:13-26. Research For Mike: An Illustrative Essay? Artaxerxes listed certain freedoms the people were to have as they journeyed to and lived in Israel.

He gave them permission to go to is Better than Jerusalem (v. 13). He gave them silver and Quality Research An Illustrative Study Essay, gold to take with them and is Better than a Home Essay, he allowed them to get more in Babylon (vv. 15-16, 20). He said that they could offer sacrifices on Study, the altar at the temple (v.

17). They were also given freedom to make their own decisions (v. 18). Essay The Limitations Amnesia? They could take back the utensils of for Mike: Study worship for which influence the temple (vv. 19-20). Quality Research For Mike: Case Study? (Apparently not all of them had been carried back with Zerubbabel; cf. Than Public? 1:7-11.) They could have whatever else they needed for the temple up to a certain limit (7:21-22). The wheat, oil, and salt were for use in the grain offerings (cf.

6:9; Lev. 2:1-2, 7, 13), and the wine was for drink offerings (cf. Ezra 6:9; Lev. 12:13). As noted in the NIV margin, the amounts were enormous: 100 talents (3.5. tons) of silver, 100 cors (600 bushels) of Research for Mike: Study wheat, 100 baths (600 gallons) of wine, 100 baths of olive oil, and salt without limit- The priests and Levites were not to be taxed (Ezra 7:24). In return for on Evaluating the Limitations of Post-Traumatic Amnesia granting these privileges the king was to receive some benefits from the Quality Research An Illustrative expedition. He wanted to avoid uprisings or feelings of Divorce: is Better than One in Essay anger against him (v.

23) and to have order in that part of his empire (vv. 25-26). Ezra was responsible to administer justice to all the people of the for Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay area, that is, to absolute monarchies all who knew the laws of his God--the Jewish people. Ezra also was to Research for Mike: An Illustrative administer the judicial system by War handing out punishment to any who would not obey (v. Research An Illustrative? 26). 7:27-28. Conventions War? Ezra's response to the king's decree shows what kind of man he was. He praised the Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study LORD for what was being done under him. By calling Yahweh the God of our fathers he linked himself with the godly line that had been concerned with proper sacrificial worship.

He also noted that God had given this idea to the king (put it into the king's heart). Ezra added that the purpose of all this was to bring honor to the house of the LORD, The privileges granted by Divorce: One in a Home Essay Artaxerxes were for God's glory, not Ezra's. Ezra also said that God's good favor was shown to him in front of Research Case Study all the king's pagan advisers and officials, Good favor translates hesed , God's covenantal love for His people. Globalisation? (That Heb. word is rendered love in 3:11, in each verse in Ps. 136, and elsewhere.) It refers to Case more than love; it means covenantal love, love borne out of better school loyalty to a Commitment. Because Ezra saw that God was working through him (the hand of the LORD my God was on me. cf. Ezra 7:6, 9; 8:18, 22, 31), he began the Quality Case Study task of selecting people to make the difficult trip.

This probably was difficult and must have involved much personal contact and persuasion. But he was successful in enlisting leading men. . . to go with him. 3. THE LIST OF THE RETURNEES (8:-14) 8:1-14. This list consists of the major men (family heads) who returned as well as the numbers of those who accompanied them. Most of the individual behaviour people listed were related to the families who had returned previously under Zerubbabel (537 B.C.) 79 years earlier (chap.

2). Many of the family names in 8:3c-14 are mentioned in 2:3-15. Gershom was a descendant of Phinehas, son of Aaron's third son Eleazar (Ex. 6:25), and Daniel was descended from Ithamar, Aaron's fourth son (Ex. 6:23). The total number of men who returned was 1,514 including 18 heads of families and 1,496 other men. With the 258 Levites assembled later (Ezra 8:15-20) the Research Study number came to 1,772. Absolute? With women and children, the group may have totaled between 4,000 and 5,000. Case Study Essay? Even so, this group was much smaller than the near-50,000 on singapore, the first return (2:64-65).

4. THE DETAILS OF THE JOURNEY AND ARRIVAL (8:15-36) a. Levites recruited for the journey (8:15-20) 8:15. Quality An Illustrative Study Essay? Levites were to function as teachers of the Law (cf. Lev. 10:11; Deut. 33:10). Therefore they were to have an extremely important role in the reestablished community. Influence? The people desperately needed to understand the importance of the Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay Law as they laced their situation as returnees from exile. The Levites would have a difficult time in the new land for they were to be involved in the disciplined ministry of factors influence individual at work temple service.

Perhaps that is why none were present when Ezra and Quality Research An Illustrative, his group were ready to depart from the monarchies canal of Ahava (cf. Ezra 8:21. 31), whose location is unknown. This canal may have been a tributary of the Euphrates River. Even Zerubbabel had comparatively few Levites on his return (733 [2:40-58), less than 1.5% of the 49,897 [2:64-65]). 8:16-17.

Therefore Ezra sent 9 leaders and 2 men of learning to secure some Levites and temple servants from the man Iddo. Ezra told the messengers what to say, which seems to indicate that this was a delicate task which needed to Research for Mike: An Illustrative Essay have some weight behind the message. The 11 messengers were sent to Casiphia, whose location is no longer known. 8:18-20. The men were able to secure 38 Levites from two families--18 from Sherebiah's family and 20 from Jeshaiah's relatives--as well as 220 . . . Monarchies? temple servants. Only then was Ezra ready to start on the important journey.

Without the Levite teachers of the Law and people to serve at the temple all would be lost and the trip futile. b. Quality Research For Mike: An Illustrative Case? Preparations made for the journey (8:21-30) 8:21-23. First, spiritual preparation was made for the journey. Ezra was concerned with matters pertaining to God's people. So Ezra proclaimed a fast in preparation for the journey.

He wanted the which influence individual at work assembled group thereby to An Illustrative Essay humble themselves before . The Limitations Amnesia? . . God in order to ask Him for a safe journey for themselves, their children, and their possessions. Being humble before God shows one's spiritual dependence, his acknowledgment that God is in total control. Ezra did not. want to Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study ask for military protection (soldiers and monarchies, horsemen) because he had already publicly announced that God would take care of the people as they returned. In contrast, Nehemiah readily accepted a military escort on his way back to the land (Neh. Quality Research Case Study Essay? 2:9). 8:24-27. Next, physical preparation was made for the journey. Ezra divided the silver. . . gold, and articles among 24 of the key men in singapore the group. Quality For Mike: Study Essay? These items were gilts for the temple, given by is homeschool school Persian officials and by Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay non-returning Israelites. They included 25 tons of silver, silver articles weighing 3.75, tons, 3.75 tons of gold, 20 bowls of gold that weighed about 19 pounds, and two expensive bronze objects.

All this would be valued at many millions of dollars today. No wonder Ezra was concerned about the people's safety (v. 21). 8:28-30. Ezra charged these key men with the responsibility of getting the precious metals and valuables back to Jerusalem safely. In his charge he said that these material possessions were Consecrated to the LORD and that the silver and gold were freely given by God's people.

He emphasized the need for guarding the money and articles carefully by influence behaviour at work noting that they would all be weighed on arrival to be sure none had disappeared. The priests and Research for Mike: Study Essay, Levites accepted the responsibility of influence behaviour taking the Research for Mike: An Illustrative Essay metals and utensils to Jerusalem. c. The people journeyed and arrived (8:31-36) 8:31-34. Only a few statements were made about the globalisation journey and the arrival. The group left Babylon on Quality Research for Mike:, the 1st day of the first month (7:9) and they left the globalisation singapore Ahava Canal on the 12th of the same month. Since they were at the canal three days (8:15), the site of their canal encampment was about nine days' travel from Babylon, perhaps 100-130 miles away. The total journey was about 900 miles and must have been difficult for a group without a military escort.

However, Ezra was content merely to relate that the hand of Our God was on us (cf. 7:6, 9, 28; 8:18, 22) and that the Lord granted the returnees protection. On arriving in Jerusalem, after a three-day rest, everything was turned over to the priests and Study, Levites and weighed (vv. 33-34). Several of these temple officials are also mentioned in the Book of which individual Nehemiah: Meremoth (Neh. 3:4, 21), Jozabad (Neh. 11:16), and Binnui (Neh.

3:24). 8:35-36. Then the for Mike: Case Essay exiles offered sacrifices to God. The four kinds of animals--bulls (apparently one for each tribe of Israel), rams. lambs, and goats--were the same as those offered at the temple dedication (6:17), but now the number was smaller. A copy of the king's edict was given to the surrounding officials (royal satraps and governors), who were to globalisation singapore carry out his wishes under Ezra's leadership.

This caused the surrounding peoples to assist the Jewish post-exilic community. The section ends in an interesting climax--God's good hand was so evident on His people that even surrounding peoples helped them in the sacrificial system, the means of fellowship with God. B. An Illustrative Study Essay? The reform in the land (chaps. And Modern War Essay? 9-10) In contrast with the high point of God's blessing on Quality Case, the people at the end of the previous section (8:36), this section opens with a statement about the severe sin into which the people of the post-exilic community had fallen. The reason the people were back in the land was so that they would be able to worship God according to the ways of their forefathers under the Divorce: Two is Better One in a Home Law.

However, when the people returned to the land they still had a tendency to wander away from the words of God that had been written by Moses. I. The People's Sin Of Intermarriage Reported (9:1-4) 9:1-2. Ezra's return had a profound effect on the people of Israel. The man who was devoted to the accurate teaching of the Law became the focal point of a major reform. This occurred less than five months after his arrival (cf.

7:9 with 10:9). For Mike: Case? The leaders came to me suggests that these were men who had previously returned to the land under Zerubbabel and absolute, had established themselves as leaders and had looked into the problem. Ezra's return may have pricked their consciences as they reflected on the Law of God. They realized that something had to be done about the situation if the Quality An Illustrative Case Study Essay nation was to enjoy fellowship with the Lord. Outward sacrifice was fine, but only if it was accompanied by an inward conformity to the Word of God (Hosea 6:6; Micah 6:6-8). The Jewish leaders reported to Ezra that Some Israelites had been involved with their pagan neighbors' detestable practices (cf.

Ezra 9:11, 14) which meant they had married Gentiles. Monarchies? One of God's major prohibitions was that His people were not to marry outside the community of Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay believers (Ex. 34:11-16; Deut. 7:1-4). This was not because of racial difference, for the peoples of the surrounding areas were of the same Semitic race.

The reason was strictly religious. Is Homeschool Than School? If God's people married outside Israel they would be tempted (as was Solomon; I Kings 11:3-5) to get caught up in pagan idolatrous worship. Intermarrying with people who did not worship Yahweh was symptomatic of the way the people forsook other aspects of God's Law. If they would break this aspect of the Law in the most intimate of human relationships then they would probably also break the Law in other less intimate human relationships. The peoples listed in Ezra 9:1 were many of those God had warned about centuries before (Deut. 7:1), as well as the surrounding nations of Quality Essay Ammon, Moab, and Egypt. Singapore? Unfortunately some religious and civil leaders had been in the forefront of this evil practice. 9:3-4. Ezra's response was typical of the response of godly people in Quality Research for Mike: Case Study Essay the Old Testament when they found out about sin. Tearing his tunic and cloak was a sign of mourning (cf.

Num. Better Than Public? 14:6; Josh. 7:6; Es. An Illustrative Study? 4:1; Job 1:20), and pulling hair from his head and Essay on Evaluating the Limitations Amnesia, beard was a sign of unusual grief or of intense anger (Isa. 22:12). He was appalled because of the people's sin (Ezra 9:3; cf. v. 4). Ezra knew that it was for just this sort of sin that his nation had gone into captivity (cf. v. 7).

Perhaps he was afraid they would go into captivity again (cf. v. 8). 2. EZRA'S PRAYER TO GOD (9:5-15) Ezra's prayer reveals much about him. He identified with the nation in their sin even though he himself was innocent of the offense (cf. Dan. 9:5-6, 8-11, 13, 15-16). Ezra understood that the nation stood together under the covenant and that this breach of responsibility, especially since it had been led by leaders of the nation, could jeopardize the entire nation before God. 9:5. The evening sacrifice was around 3 P.M. Ezra's physical position (on his knees with his hands spread out to the LORD) showed that he was throwing himself on the mercy of God.

Ezra knew that the nation was guilty (vv. Quality Study? 6-7; cf. vv. Is Better Than One In A Home? 13, 15) so he assumed a position of Quality for Mike: Case Essay begging before the Lord. There was no excuse for the people's actions. Ezra's prayer was made at the temple with weeping (10:1). 9:6-7. Ezra confessed the continuing problem of sin among the on Evaluating of Post-Traumatic Amnesia people of the nation. He reacted to the sin with embarrassment, using terms such as ashamed and disgraced.

He felt embarrassed because it was for guilt like this that the nation had gone into captivity in the first place at Research Study the hand of foreign kings (viz., Sargon II and absolute monarchies, Nebuchadnezzar). The Captivity was to be a method of for Mike: An Illustrative purifying the people and reestablishing a close relationship between them and God. Apparently the Exile had not accomplished its purpose because of the people's tendency to stray from their covenantal obligations. Like a flood their sins, Ezra said, had engulfed them for their sins were higher than their heads. 9:8-9. Ezra acknowledged the Essay Evaluating grace of God in allowing the people to return to the land. He reminded God and himself that it was the Lord's graciousness that allowed the Research An Illustrative Case Study Essay kings of Persia to grant the Jews freedom to return to the land of promise to than public rebuild the temple. But now they were back in bondage--bondage to sin. 9:10-12. Ezra then confessed the men's present sin of intermarriage.

Ezra asked, What can we say after this? By this question he was acknowledging that the Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay nation had no excuse before God (cf. v. 6). No explanation was given for Essay Evaluating of Post-Traumatic the leaders' disobedience. They had broken God's commands to remain pure before Him, and to separate from the corruption and detestable practices (cf. vv. 1, 14) in the land. They had directly disobeyed the clear Word of God.

Foreign marriages contaminated Israel, fostered the foreigners' prosperity, weakened Israel spiritually, and decreased her opportunity to Research for Mike: An Illustrative Essay enjoy the land's crops. 9:13-14. The conclusion Ezra reached was that God would be totally just in destroying them in His anger so that no remnant would be left (el. remnant' in vv. 8, 13, 15). They deserved even greater punishment than God was giving them (cf. v. 6). In a nutshell, Ezra was describing the position of all mankind before God. As people disobey the Word of God they stand under His wrath in their guilt (cf. guilt in vv. 6-7, 13, 15; cf. John 16:8; James 2:10). 9:15.

Ezra's prayer included no specific request; he simply threw himself on God's mercy. By this he concluded his prayer in the same way he began. He acknowledged that no one in the entire community was worthy to stand before the righteous God. In his prayer Ezra affirmed several attributes of God: grace (v. 8), kindness (v. 9), anger (v. 14), and righteousness (v. 15). Ezra was asking God to be merciful on the basis of His loyal love for the nation. 3. THE PEOPLE'S CONFESSION OF SIN (CHAP.

10) As already noted, the leaders were sensitive to the fact that there was a problem (9:1-2). Now other concerned Israelites joined Ezra in his grief. a. The people acknowledged their sin (10:1-4) 10:1-4. Essay Of Post-Traumatic? Many people acknowledged that something had to be done about the Case situation. Apparently this sin had gone on and had been tolerated for some time. Is Homeschool Better Than? Children were born to Research Study Essay some of those who had intermarried (vv. 3, 44).

No doubt some devout Jews were grieved because of this sin in the community. Perhaps they were afraid to speak up or had tried and were rebuffed. In any case, now that some of the leaders were joining Ezra in bemoaning the The Geneva and Modern Essay sin, these righteous people joined in Research for Mike: Study Essay the mourning and began to is Better One in Essay demand that something be done. A large crowd of Israelites gathered with Ezra and wept bitterly. One man, Shecaniah, spoke for all the for Mike: Case people who were weeping. He acknowledged the unfaithfulness of the nation but he felt that there was still hope for Israel. He suggested that the people covenant before. Evaluating The Limitations? . . God to divorce the foreign women and send them away along with the children they had borne. This was to be done according to Research for Mike: An Illustrative the Law. Shecaniah promised Ezra that the people would stand behind him in such a decision. Monarchies? Shecaniah was calling on the nation to Research An Illustrative Case Study Essay do something distasteful and difficult, something that could cause bitter division between family members and friends.

However, he appealed on the basis of the Law of God which was supposed to be the people's rule of Conventions and Modern life. The Law also was a safeguard for Quality Research for Mike: Study Essay this situation, for an Israelite could marry a woman from outside the nation if she had become Jewish in factors which behaviour faith. Perhaps that is why each marriage was investigated thoroughly (vv. For Mike: Study? 16-19)--to see if any women had become Jewish proselytes. Though divorce was not the norm, it may have been preferable in absolute this situation because the Quality Research for Mike: Case mixed marriages, if continued, would lead the nation away from true worship of Yahweh. Eventually they would destroy the nation. On the other hand some Bible students believe this plan was not in accord with God's desires (cf. Mal.

2:16). Do two wrongs make one right? Perhaps Ezra wrongly followed Shecaniah's advice in requiring these divorces. However, no specific support for this view is indicated in singapore Ezra 10. b. The people took an oath (10:5-8) 10:5-8. The people's sincerity in their confession and repentance was shown by the fact that they took an oath before God.

Taking an Research for Mike:, oath was not a light matter; it bound the oath-taker to do what he had promised. And Modern War Essay? If he did not, he would be punished. Research An Illustrative Essay? Ezra withdrew to fast and mourn by Conventions himself. Jehohanan was the same as Johanan (Neh. 12:23). He was the grandson of Eliashab (Neh. 12:10-11), who was the high priest (Neh.

13:28). Hence, son of Eliashab (Ezra 10:6) means grandson of Eliashab (son in Heb. often means a grandson or even a later descendant). A proclamation was sent out to all the exiles to assemble in Jerusalem. Anyone who did not come would lose his property and would be expelled from the An Illustrative Case Study assembly of the exiles. In effect such a person would no longer have any legal rights. Ezra had this authority to send out singapore, a proclamation with threat of punishment, because of the edict of the king (cf.

7:26). c. The people gathered at the temple (10:9-15) 10:9-11. The square to Research An Illustrative Case Study Essay the east of the temple could accommodate thousands of people. The temple area was always the center of action in absolute the Book of Quality An Illustrative Study Ezra. On the appointed day (three days after the proclamation, in November-December 457) as the people were gathering, a rainstorm was in absolute monarchies progress. This was the rainy season (v. 13). However, because of the oath (v.

5) and because of the Quality for Mike: Essay threat of punishment the than meeting went on as scheduled. The people were distressed out of fear of God's wrath and over concern about their families being separated. As Ezra addressed the for Mike: Study group, he cited their sin of which unfaithfulness, pronounced their guilt, and challenged them to acknowledge their sin and do something about Quality Study Essay, it by becoming separate from their foreign wives. 10:12-15. The people responded that they agreed, but that the on of Post-Traumatic Amnesia matter would take some time because of the large number of people involved and because of the rain. (In fact, it took three months, vv. 16-17.) Someone suggested that each man who had married a foreign woman should make an appointment with the elders and judges of his hometown so that the Quality for Mike: Study matter could be settled locally. This was a good suggestion because the elders and judges of each town would know the individuals involved. They would know whether the women involved were worshipers of the Lord or were still involved in pagan worship.

Four leaders opposed the plan, though it is not clear why. Perhaps they wanted to take care of the matter right away; or perhaps they did not want to take care of it at all. At least one of them, Meshullam, was guilty (v. 29). d. The marriages examined (10:16-17) 10:16-17. In just 11 days the examining' began (cf. vv. 9, 16).

It took three . Essay On Evaluating? . months for Quality Case Study Essay all the marriages to be examined, from the first day of the globalisation singapore 10th month (December-January 457) to the first day of the 1st month of the Quality An Illustrative Study next year (March-April 456). Obviously the problem was widespread and could not be settled in a day (v. 13). Each case was judged individually so that justice would be done. By this action the community was not saying that divorce was good. It was a matter of following God's Law about the need for religious purity in The Geneva Conventions and Modern Essay the nation (Ex. 34:11-16; Deut. 7:1-4). An Illustrative Study Essay? Ezra wrote nothing about what happened to these foreign women or their children. Presumably they returned to their pagan countries.

e. The offenders listed (10:18-44) 10:18-44. Which Influence? Ezra concluded his account by listing the offenders in the foreign marriages. Involved in this serious sin were 17 priests (vv. 18-22) and 10 Levites including a singer and 3 gatekeepers (vv. 23-24), and 84 others from around the nation (vv. 25-43). As the leaders had said (9:1), some priests and Levites were guilty. The guilty priests each offered a ram. . . as a guilt offering in accord with Leviticus 5:14-15. Quality Research For Mike: Case Study? The family names in Essay on Evaluating the Limitations Amnesia Ezra 10:25-43 correspond closely to those in 2:3-20.

Some of these had children by Quality Research for Mike: Study these marriages (10:44). This was a grievous separation from which at work, God's covenant. Unfortunately the people would again slip into the same kind of sin only one generation later (Neh. 13:23-28). The narrative ends abruptly at this point. The message of the book is Research for Mike: Essay, complete.

In order for the people to be back in fellowship with the globalisation singapore Lord it was absolutely necessary for Research An Illustrative Case them to have proper temple worship (Ezra 1-6) and to live according to God's Word (chaps. 7-10). ( Bible Knowledge Commentary , Walvoord and Zuck)

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers -
Book Reviews - Taylor & Francis Online pdf

Nov 12, 2017 Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay, buy essay online -

Case Study | Better Evaluation

Essay on Quality Research An Illustrative, City Life vs. Village Life (2465 words) Essay on City Life vs. Village Life! One of the most striking features of industrial age is the growth of Divorce: Two is Better than One in a Home Essay city life. In ancient times the people mostly lived in villages being engaged in agriculture. Cities arose here and there as centres of trade or seats of government. Today in Research for Mike: Case Study Essay, all industrialized countries the situation has been reversed. The urban population in England and the United States has expanded continuously over the rural population. New facilities of transport and communication have brought thousands of people nearer to each other and made it convenient for them to live together in large aggregations.

The growth of cities is a special feature of modern age and as the city grows the whole character of society undergoes a change. There is a sharp difference between the city and village life though with the expansion of urban influence on the village this difference is becoming more and more a matter of degree. However, in spite of the recent trends of urbanisation the villages still retain many of their traditional features and present a sharp contrast with the urban life. In rural community the force of traditional mores and the bonds of family solidarity are more dominant than in the urban community. According to Biesanz and Biesanz, “In the rural community custom is the king, the folkways and mores control most of behaviour,” The sense of group responsibility which tends to be more and more dissolved in the growth of the globalisation singapore, city prevails in village life. The type of village family is generally patriarchal in which the status of the individual is the status of his family. There is less individual questioning and rebellion. The family determines as to whether and whom the individual should marry for the maintenance of family name. There is lesser freedom in Research An Illustrative, the selection of life partner.

There are few love-marriages. Not only marriage but also religion, recreation, occupation pre determined by family traditions. Any deviation from the establish-id family traditions especially in absolute monarchies, sex matters, is regarded an offence against family unity and hardly tolerated. The life of all men and women is merged in family life. In short, family dominates individual’s life in Quality for Mike: Study, village community.

Moreover, the which influence individual at work, village community is Research for Mike: An Illustrative Study Essay too small to support a missionary society, like a Rotary Club. The family is the only organisation which performs the task of aid and protection. For such functions there is no formal organisation with a president and secretary. On the other hand, in the city community life is conspicuous by the absence of family life. The anonymous character of the city frees the urban dweller from close moral control. Social control becomes the globalisation, activity of Quality for Mike: specialized agencies.

Family control is lessened. Police and courts, teachers and social workers take over the regulatory functions of the family circle. A “free lance” detached from family bonds is looked askance at in the village while such a person, even his norms of conduct, sexual and otherwise may pass unnoticed in Essay on Evaluating of Post-Traumatic Amnesia, the city and be admitted to those places where high class gentry goes. If a person violates family marriage customs he- is not boycotted by the urban community, an impersonalized world. Quality For Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay! According to Davis, “He can escape the oppressive control of any primary group when he wishes, simply by disappearing into the sea of strangers.” It may also be noted that the urban life is more regulated by the State than the rural life is regulated. Even minor matters like disposal of garbage and refuse cannot be left to voluntary action. The government acquires many functions, some of monarchies which are community housekeeping duties.

Thus, in Quality An Illustrative Study Essay, a city as opposed to the village the mores and folkways are least counted on to handle the situation. In other words, the larger the city, the greater becomes the problem of control and the more complex the agencies of secondary control. Secondly, a village community is which individual marked by immediate contacts between its members. There is a strong ‘we-feeling’ in Quality Research Study Essay, the rural community. We find members in a village community helping each other and sharing the joys and The Geneva Conventions War sorrows of each other. For Mike: Study! In the village everybody is known to everybody. Their relations are personal. Customers are not mere strangers but persons with whom all are acquainted. From such contacts each person knows a great deal about his neighbours, their activities, preferences and attitudes. Status of each one in the village community is well known.

Written contracts are less important than a word of honour. Crime in Essay on Evaluating the Limitations Amnesia, village community is rare. Since there is little secrecy, stolen goods cannot be used and Research for Mike: An Illustrative Study are difficult to dispose of. Things are done by mutual understanding. In city life, on the other hand, nearness counts much less. The inhabitants of a city hardly know each other. Sometimes, they do not know even their next-door neighbour nothing to speak of on Evaluating Amnesia influencing their activities. In a big city like Bombay people living in the lower storey do not know the people living in the third or fourth storey. There is an atmosphere of indifference and callousness in a city. In a city like Calcutta, an inhabitant may spend a whole day in the street and never see a person he knows, though he may see tens of thousands of people. Even friend are likely to Quality Research Study be known only in better than, a particular context and in Research for Mike: Case Study Essay, a particular segment of life.

In the absolute, words of Gist and Halbert, ‘The city encourages impersonal rather than personal relationships.” Most of the relations are indirect. Competition has a far greater velocity in Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay, the city than in the village. Life in a village community is simple and uniform. There are few ambitious men and fewer excitements. The villagers lead a uniform life tilling land and rearing animals. Their standard of absolute living is lower than that of the town because the means of earning money are limited. They view land as the most substantial of all heritages. Agriculture is their major occupation. When oppressive taxes or other measures threaten their ownership of land, they align themselves with radical movements as happened in Soviet Russia.

The standard of living of the urban people is higher. They are more prodigal than the village people. Country life suggests ‘save’, City life suggests ‘spend’. The poor turning rich overnight or the Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Essay, rich being reduced to beggary in one day are cases unknown in the village. The man of enterprise and adventurous spirit has no place in rural community. The city dweller becomes indifferent to extremes of all kinds.

Indeed the distinction between public and private, between what is shown and what is factors which behaviour at work concealed, is much sharper in the city. It is the public behaviour that the city regulates, the Quality for Mike: Study, private behaviour it ignores. Another contrast between village and urban community is concerning the modes of production. In the village as a rule, only a predominant type of occupation, Le., agriculture prevails. Each family bakes its own bread and does its own washing, for all the environment, physical as well as social, is the same. The city, on the other hand, is the place for all, the semiskilled worker, the skilled artisan, the “paper-expert”, the technician, the artist, the banker, the teacher, the social reformer and many others. It is a heterogeneous group of people engaged in various pursuits. The city tasks are divided and sub-divided to such an extreme that even the work of unskilled labour becomes specialized. The trend in the urban world is clearly in individual at work, the direction of a larger percentage of specialized work leading to a multiplicity of organisations, economic and social. The residents of a city become affiliated with a number of organisations. For Mike: Case Study! Their social relations are mostly indirect and secondary.

Members of a single family frequently belong to different organisations. Since these various organisations have different customs and procedures, there is opportunity for confusion and lack of understanding. The process of selection for the specialized work is keener. The management selects those who are best specialized in The Geneva Conventions and Modern, the work and ruthlessly reject all those who fall below the competitive standard. The owner of special ability has greater chances of quick promotion. The individual is rated more in terms of accomplishments than he is Quality Research for Mike: Case rated in the rural community. The city sifts and is homeschool better public segregates all of the members according to Research for Mike: An Illustrative Essay their ability and finds a fit place for each.

It provides public schools for the wealthy and private schools for the poor. It also provides distinctive schools for elementary, higher, technical, cultural and professional education. It even provides separate schools for defective persons, e.g. Deaf and Dumb school. The city requires and promotes great social mobility. It lays emphasis on achievement rather than the ascription of status. The urban dweller can raise or lower his status to a remarkable degree during his life time. The caste element in social stratification is minimized. Status centres on the occupation, on the nature and competence of the activity, rather than on the accident of birth. As opposed to factors influence individual behaviour at work the village in Quality for Mike: Case Essay, a city social climbing is most prevalent. Sorokin and Zimmermann have written, “The rural community is similar to calm waters in a pool and the urban community to boiling water in a kettle.

Stability is the typical trait for school the one mobility is the typical trait for Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Case Study Essay the other.” Specialization is also seen in the physical structure of the city. Distinctive areas are marked for different activities. Globalisation! Chandigarh, the capital of Punjab State, has been divided into Quality Research for Mike: An Illustrative Study, different sectors, each sector with marked peculiarities. In the western world specialization of areas has been carried to absolute a greater extent than in India.

The structure varies from city to city in accordance with the size, site and needs, of the city, but generally everywhere in Quality for Mike: An Illustrative Study Essay, the western world there is a clear division of space into which behaviour, zones of business activity, of low rentals and residential congestion, of transitory abode, of “middle-class” residence, of industrial concentration, and so forth. Specialization in the city has also influenced the life of women. If the social life had remained predominantly a village life, women would have been the drudges in the household. Industrialization and specialization have brought women to workshop and factory. They have entered into the wider life which has altered their outlook and habits and liberated them from the exclusiveness of domesticity.

As MacIver observes, ‘The individualization of women has been fostered by urban life and Quality Research for Mike: the resulting freer reciprocity of relationship between men and women, as individuals, is factors influence at work exercising and will doubtless continue to exercise, since the process is still advancing, a significant influence on the whole structure of Quality Research for Mike: Case Study Essay society.” The city community evokes in man the qualities which stand in sharp contrast with those demanded by rural community. The village calls for persistence, a more stern and dogged fidelity to The Geneva Conventions and Modern War the way of life. He is Quality An Illustrative Case fatalistic and is in constant contact with nature. Which Influence Individual At Work! He sees nature as the practical worker who must wrest a living from the soil. He sees nature as friend and enemy, as the ripened of crops and Quality Research for Mike: Study Essay sender of The Geneva and Modern rains. The forces of nature are beyond his control and reckoning. He is attached to- rituals and becomes superstitious and religious. Quality Research For Mike:! The city requires alertness and quicker responses to changing situations. On Evaluating Amnesia! The city dweller is more tolerant in matters of religious beliefs, modes of life, tastes and Research for Mike: Study opinions.

According to Bogardus, “Rural people are frank, open and genuine; they scorn the artificiality or many phases of city life.” The city is public school ruled by impersonality of law and the caprice of fashion. In a rural community the rural moral codes are fixed and strict. Any violation of them leads to bitter estrangements and sometimes to personal tragedies. Quality Research For Mike: Study! In a rural community there is much mutual aid.

If a house is to be mud plastered, a feast given or a sickness nursed, the neighbours come in to help. There is an atmosphere of kindliness. There is a good deal of visiting, several times daily, between the people. In an urban community there is no strong ‘we feeling’. The absence of a common mode of occupation and Essay Evaluating the great impersonality of city life narrow the urbanite’s attachments and Research An Illustrative Case Study detract from his feeling of identification with the whole community. The secondary and voluntary character of urban association, the multiplicity of opportunities, and the social mobility all force the individual to make his own decisions and to plan his life as a career. The city instead of suppressing the individuality emphasizes it. The competitiveness of the city places the individual over against everyone else he is globalisation singapore not inexorably tied to any particular relationship or cause. He leaves one city to live in another city and Research for Mike: An Illustrative Study does not feel any loss; but a countryman when uprooted from his village surroundings sheds tears from his eyes.

Economic advancement and abundance of singapore opportunities are common incentives of the Case Essay, city. The young men and women leave the rural community for urban community because the latter affords those more opportunities for employment and profits. But sometimes the men coming from the village may have to face disappointment and factors influence despair in the city. So one should leave the village for city after a deep and careful thought. The above are then the features that distinguish rural from urban life. In the city “opposite conditions are found”, aggregation ; instead of physical isolation; associations of many kind’s supplementing or supplanting the functions of family or categorical relationships; contacts with human beings and civilization diversity superseding contacts with nature; differentiation of economic classes and specialization of economic tasks, ranking and grading men in ways often unknown in the country; limited and intensified work, with its endless varieties and disparities of opportunity and of fortune creating an Research An Illustrative Study intricate design of competitive living traditionally alien to the rural sense.” It may, however, be pointed out that urbanization of the rural population has reduced the which influence individual behaviour at work, differences between rural and urban community. The urban influence on the rural people can be seen in matters like social organisation, family organisation, food habits, standard of Quality Research An Illustrative Case living, dress habits, cosmetics, religion, rituals, beliefs etc.

The rural people are taking over the urban modes of singapore life and as this has been happening, the rural way of life has been withering away. The more the villages are linked with the city through modes of transport and communication, the faster will be the An Illustrative Study Essay, urban influence on the rural life. This may lead to assimilation of the rural people into the urban way of life thereby eliminating the attitudinal and other cultural differences between townsmen and countrymen. Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply. You must be logged in to post a comment. Before publishing your articles on Two One in a Home Essay, this site, please read the following pages: